The Oscorp Crusade

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
I love how comic books create enough attention for 'pop-culture art' to generate sufficient modern age relevant dystopian dialogue regarding 'mad science,' which can hypothetically draw the attention of 'people of influence' in our age of media (i.e., celebrities).

Various American actors/celebrities such as Leo DiCaprio, Keanu Reeves, and Tom Cruise make science-fiction films (and hype them during media interviews) that present science-regulation concerns relevant to our modern era.

Considering this makes me feel less cynical about Woody Allen's dystopian film Celebrity and Alex Proyas's dystopian film I, Robot.

====

Tom Cruise was invested heavily in his 'marketing' of the Church of Scientology in the media after making the futurama-paranoia film Edge of Tomorrow. In particular, Cruise was reading Spider-Man (Marvel Comics) comic books and learning about the fictional science-research firm Oscorp, headed by CEO 'Dr. Norman Osborn' who is destined to become the ghoulish serum-transformed 'Green Goblin' (a pumpkin-bomb throwing mutant). Cruise was intrigued how Oscorp represented modern age empirical curiosity about biophysical transformation affecting mental states and even spiritual behaviors, and wanted to apply his Scientology/Dianetics learnings to a public discussion of Oscorp logistics.

"How does the human mind change when an athlete takes dangerous performance-enhancing steroids? As a Scientologist, I believe we have to explore how the mind literally responds to changes in resting-states and active-states, so as an American fan of pop culture art, I am intrigued by Marvel Comics' presentation of various 'ghouls and monsters' who were once humans but were 'unnaturally' transformed by steroids-esque biochemicals and laboratory accidents! Such 'folk storytelling' reflects a new pedestrian focus on lifestyle-relevant 'sci-fi paranoia'." Cruise wrote in a special editorial in the Los Angeles Times right before a Comic-Con festival featuring various Marvel Comics writers.

Meanwhile, an Internet-blogging 'idealist' and comic book fan named Ajay Satan read Cruise's editorial and started thinking about how a random celebrity invested in a random pro-pluralism church in America (Scientology) could suddenly make a 'splash' in the comic book world with a media-spotlighted statements about Oscorp and steroids. Ajay was actually thrilled that celebrity-dialogue was generating fanfare for Spider-Man (Marvel Comics) stories, but he was interested in making sure that the proper attention to the literary background of Oscorp was given. Ajay decided to start blogging on World Discussion Forum (dressed as a 'pseudo-vigilante') about the special role that media-spotlighted celebrities such as Tom Cruise play in a new age 'crusade' regarding progressive and proactive citizenry-engaged socio-political dialogue (e.g., Charlie Rose).

One of Cruise's Scientology advisors directed the celebrity to the World Discussion Forum posts/blogs of Ajay Satan, and when Cruise read Ajay's incisive and engaged comments, he decided to join the forum and use an identity-masking alias/avatar ('Leviathan') --- a DC Comics character --- to respond to Ajay's comments. Cruise wrote that Scientologists are certainly interested in understanding and appreciating how empirical analysis of biochemical 'mad science' in folk stories and pop-culture art (i.e., comic books) represent citizens' investigation of the general 'ethics of science.' Cruise wrote to Ajay, "If enough media personalities give Oscorp its due attention, people with the right discourse-background (such as Scientologists) will be able to come forward and add nicely to this modern-era relevant social dialogue regarding the 'ugliness of science' and sports-medicine!" Ajay simply hoped that enough people read the comment to generate decent hype for Oscorp topics. It was a real 'schoolhouse crusade.'

====

Oscorp

goblin2.jpeg

guerilla2.jpg

Forum List

Back