the most conservative state in America is also the most affordable

Mormons were anti-slavery, so they didn't bring any blacks with them to Utah. Black population in Salt Lake City is lower than other cities of similar size.

Hmm..........

When I vacated Sioux Falls for the Left Coast in 1972, I had only ever seen one black person in the town. Plenty of indians but no blacks or Hispanics.

When I moved back here 50 years later, the neighborhoods I had lived in had turned into ghettos of Hispanics and Africans. I went shopping at JC Penney and Macy's today and was waited on by three women in hijab.

I spend as little time as I can in the city, and stay home in my little town.

Hmm..........

When I vacated Sioux Falls for the Left Coast in 1972, I had only ever seen one black person in the town. Plenty of indians but no blacks or Hispanics.

When I moved back here 50 years later, the neighborhoods I had lived in had turned into ghettos Hispanics and Africans. I went shopping at JC Penney and Macy's today and was waited on by three women in hijab.

I spend as little time as I can in the city, and stay home in my little town.

So what I am hearing is you are really old and don't work but just bitch about others. Ok Boomer.

Mormons were anti-slavery, so they didn't bring any blacks with them to Utah. Black population in Salt Lake City is lower than other cities of similar size.
Utah had slaves brought to the territory, a slave code was passed in 1852, and more than 125 slaves lived in the territory until it was abolished in 1862.

When I moved from blue AF Western Washington to warm red Southeast South Dakota, I immediately started paying about 200% less for groceries and about half what I was paying for gas and all utilities. I got more house for half the money.

I got quiet, clean, safe streets and good schools that do not teach stupid leftist propaganda to grade schoolers.

Now, we wish we could turn off the flow of refugees from the left coast.

How are the wages? It's often the case that places with a low cost of living, offer low wages and zero benefits. The job market sucks.

Forum List

Back