The light at the end of the tunnel is that of an oncoming freight train

Artevelde

Mar 20, 2012
Brussels, Belgium
Spanish 10 year rates broke through 6% again this morning and Italian 10 year rates are above 5,5%. Meanwhile the German rate keeps falling and is around 1,5%. This is not sustainable for long.

As crass and unproductive as the following may be, I'll weep tears of joy when the E.U implodes.

Much as I tend to agree, my concern is for what will happen to ordinary people across Europe when that happens.

Having said that... it is beyond my comprehension why the hell people across all the member states just sat back and allowed your sovereignty to be stolen without being given a choice. Y'all did not vote for this... at least that's my understanding. You voted (back in the 1970s, I think) for a common market.... not the monstrosity of some unelected clusterfuck that you currently have.

As crass and unproductive as the following may be, I'll weep tears of joy when the E.U implodes.

Much as I tend to agree, my concern is for what will happen to ordinary people across Europe when that happens.

Having said that... it is beyond my comprehension why the hell people across all the member states just sat back and allowed your sovereignty to be stolen without being given a choice. Y'all did not vote for this... at least that's my understanding. You voted (back in the 1970s, I think) for a common market.... not the monstrosity of some unelected clusterfuck that you currently have.

Actually the vast majority of us, myself included, were and are very much in favour of the monetary union. The problem is that it was badly constructed and badly managed.

I don't think the Euro is in imminent danger of collapse and neither is the EU. But I very much doubt that 12 months from now all current Eurozone-members will still be in and we do risk a long-term downward spiral with very dangerous effects.

Actually the vast majority of us, myself included, were and are very much in favour of the monetary union. The problem is that it was badly constructed and badly managed.

I don't think the Euro is in imminent danger of collapse and neither is the EU. But I very much doubt that 12 months from now all current Eurozone-members will still be in and we do risk a long-term downward spiral with very dangerous effects.

No one voted for this clusterfuck, regardless of what you were in favor of. Where is the democracy in ramming this union down the throats of sovereign peoples?

No one voted for this clusterfuck, regardless of what you were in favor of. Where is the democracy in ramming this union down the throats of sovereign peoples?

You are wrong here. The vast majority of voters in most EU-countries overwhelmingly supported both the European Union and the Euro. Don't confuse the UK with the rest of Europe.

Forum List

Back