The Level Of 'Concern' Keeps Rising In Europe

That's funny. My husband and I didn't agree on much politically. The funny part is, he would ask ME what was going on with certain things and form an opinion from there, instead of reading about it or watching the news. I think he just liked to argue with me. :laugh:

:eek2:

No way!

I never like this conversation because it alwasy comes off as elitist, but I agree with you. But there ARE those people who think professional wrestling is real.:thup:

Its not real?

I mean yeah its staged but its still real;)

Most people are not in the least bit stupid. Rather they are startlingly uninformed. If they get any news at all, it’s a few minutes of TV “news.” It is a microscopic percentage of Americans that actually read the internet for news. The readership of newspapers has fallen every year since 1984. In the case of Iraq, for example, the average person knows only what has been bleated at him in a few seconds of sound bites, or what his equally uninformed pal at work told him. The average American is very narrowly focused on his own life and its immediate aspects. Only a small amount of information leaks in from the outside. It may be a “global village,” but most people are hiding in their homes with the shades drawn.

I do agree with what you have written here, it is something that the Democrats understand fully. They have mastered the art of misleading soundbites, telling untruths to the point of believing them and therefore convincing the soundbite public that untruths are true.

Hannity had a 22 year old Political Science major on his"man on the street segment a couple of weeks ago. Not only did she not know who Condi Rice was but she also couldn't tell him who has been Vice President for 6 years. Two others were interviewed and were proud that they knew nothing about politics(life), didn't know the Vice President or Secretary of State and didn't care(she is a POLITICAL SCIENCE MAJOR!). One thought Clinton was still President. The last one was 32 and also didn't know anybody. They all did have something in common, they were all going to vote for Democrats. The Democrats even achieved high fives from our enemies, how impressive is that?

Europe transit possible Al Qaeda target

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Al Qaeda may be planning to attack rail and air travel in Europe -- possibly targeting the busy holiday travel season -- according to intelligence findings, the "CBS Evening News" reported on Friday.

The report, citing Arab and other intelligence sources, said interrogations of al Qaeda suspects who recently left Afghanistan and Pakistan raised the concerns.
Click to learn more...

"One suspect said plans for repeating the Heathrow attempt (a plot foiled in August to bomb trans-Atlantic airplanes) were all prepared," the network quoted an Arab official as saying.

"It is now a matter of taking action ... Al Qaeda's strategy appears to be raising the pressure in Europe," the official, who requested anonymity, told the network.

The report came as MI5 said on Friday that Muslim extremists were plotting at least 30 major terrorist attacks in Britain, and the threats may involve chemical and nuclear devices.

Britain suffered its worst peacetime attack in July 2005 when four British Islamists blew themselves up on London's transport network, killing 52 commuters and wounding hundreds.

It starts off by saying "europe" but makes no mention of any country other than Britain, the only european country with a significant presence in Iraq.

Speaking of which, whatever happened to "fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them over here"? It doesn't sound like it's working too well for the British.

It starts off by saying "europe" but makes no mention of any country other than Britain, the only european country with a significant presence in Iraq.

Speaking of which, whatever happened to "fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them over here"? It doesn't sound like it's working too well for the British.

The British, are indeed the only country in Europe with a "significant presence", there are still a number of former "Soviet block countries"lending their support. I'm not sure what point you were trying to make?

I'd say the policy of "fighting them over there, so we don't have to fight them over here", is working well. Plus, and also, Britain has a very large population of Islamic radicals. I find it amazing, that there hasn't been MORE problems in Britain. I think the British govenment should be congradulated for their efforts, both at home, and in their overall participation in the war on terror.

Forum List

Back