The Last Duel

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
A pretty good movie. Worth the stream rent.
Interesting story, you will have to look past a few plot holes that are pretty apparent... if you can do that, it is a good movie.

I do note, the writers claim the movie is about "75% accurate"... but the 25% that is inaccurate is kinda the most important part. The part that makes the movie actually not accurate at all.
The movie CLEARLY motivates the viewer to believe Margarete's story.
Trouble is, it was later found out she lied all along. But that wouldn't be woke... we are supposed to "believe all women"
So the writer doesn't reveal what was later learned, and changes the story of one altogether.

Or you could just forget about the whole "woke" thing and just enjoy the story.

It did poorly at the box office even though a lot of critics said it was good.

This medieval expert said a king would never let two nobles duel in this situation because it was part of the king's power to rule in such matters.

Or you could just forget about the whole "woke" thing and just enjoy the story.

It did poorly at the box office even though a lot of critics said it was good.

This medieval expert said a king would never let two nobles duel in this situation because it was part of the king's power to rule in such matters.
The duel happened, as is on record. (It wasn't the LAST duel, no idea why they called it that)
And if you read my intro... I did ignore the "woke" aspect and enjoyed the movie. I said it. Like three times.
It was a good movie.
But that didn't stop me from noticing two glaring plot holes (I won't reveal, it would obviously be spoilers)
Those plot holes got me to looking into the real events...and whaalaa... they left out something that happened which showed Margarette was lying all along. But Hollywood isn't going to make a movie where a woman lied about being raped.

Forum List

Back