The Idolatry of Ronald Reagan

That's why F'n liberals Oliver Stone and John Kerry served in combat and sissyboy republicans bush and cheney stayed stateside.

About 50 veterans of my infantry unit in Vietnam have networked at one time or other for going on 20 years now. I don't know of a democrat in the bunch. Why would there be? The first thing out of lesbian Janet Napolitano's mouth when Buckwheat got elected, and she was appointed Secretary of Homeland Security, was that America's combat veterans represent the greatest potential terror threat against the country they were all willing to die for. Then the stupid dyke set about pissing Canada off like no bureaucrat had done since the War of 1812. Queer hate. Queer stupidity.

This is the kind of verbal diarrhea we hear from left-wing pie holes today. It's payback for Swift Boat (his fellow navy combat veterans who outed John Kerry for the reprehensible coward he was). Bill Clinton got booed off the podium at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in DC. His lesbian Attorney General, Janet Reno, announced that she intended putting "more white men" on death row. Queer hate. Queer stupidity.

The biggest mistake this country ever made was preventing us from continuing the war against progressives when we returned to the US. We spent a decade killing a million of them halfway around the world, and then they made us stop shooting them when we got back home. How lame is that?

Buckwheat? No wonder you guys get accused of being racist. I pointed out democrats who wore the uniform, forgot Al Gore. You people keep telling these lies that there were no democrats there? Vietnam vet and the war against progressives you say? And they made you stop shooting back when you got back to USA Who is they that made you stop shooting? You live in a fantasy world of your own imagination, tough guy.

Is that it? I was just sitting here fantasizing about Ms Energy. Maybe you're onto something there. But I won't bore you with heterosexual stuff. I know it'd bore you to tears.

That's why F'n liberals Oliver Stone and John Kerry served in combat and sissyboy republicans bush and cheney stayed stateside.

About 50 veterans of my infantry unit in Vietnam have networked at one time or other for going on 20 years now. I don't know of a democrat in the bunch. Why would there be? The first thing out of lesbian Janet Napolitano's mouth when Buckwheat got elected, and she was appointed Secretary of Homeland Security, was that America's combat veterans represent the greatest potential terror threat against the country they were all willing to die for. Then the stupid dyke set about pissing Canada off like no bureaucrat had done since the War of 1812. Queer hate. Queer stupidity.

This is the kind of verbal diarrhea we hear from left-wing pie holes today. It's payback for Swift Boat (his fellow navy combat veterans who outed John Kerry for the reprehensible coward he was). Bill Clinton got booed off the podium at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in DC. His lesbian Attorney General, Janet Reno, announced that she intended putting "more white men" on death row. Queer hate. Queer stupidity.

The biggest mistake this country ever made was preventing us from continuing the war against progressives when we returned to the US. We spent a decade killing a million of them halfway around the world, and then they made us stop shooting them when we got back home. How lame is that?

Buckwheat? No wonder you guys get accused of being racist. I pointed out democrats who wore the uniform, forgot Al Gore. You people keep telling these lies that there were no democrats there? Vietnam vet and the war against progressives you say? And they made you stop shooting back when you got back to USA Who is they that made you stop shooting? You live in a fantasy world of your own imagination, tough guy.

Is that it? I was just sitting here fantasizing about Ms Energy. Maybe you're onto something there.

You were probably dry firing your gun while fantasizing being a mad dog killer, junior.

Reagan voted for FDR.
What did Ronald Reagan ever do that makes every GOP candidate want to be a mindless Ronald Reagan redux?

Conservatives extol limited government, but they never refuse social security or medicare; they never refuse federal aid when disaster strikes; they never refuse workers' comp or unemployment benefits; and they all benefits from the Fair Labor Standards Act and other federal laws related to public health, education, welfare, and safety.

Yes, ALL Americans benefit from entitlements that ALL Americans paid for regardless of who is in office, genius.
At one time governments were used for the benefit of the royalists, nobles and church. When the colonists declared and won their independence they declared an end to that practice with limited government. Later Americans discovered they could use the government just as the elite had done, but now for the good of all people. That was as big a change as the Revolution itself and It took some time for that revelation to take place, and is a revelation still taking place. .
Way to piss off the Right by pointing out that Reagan voted for FDR.

Is whining about Reagan reaching a fevered pitch in light of Obama's epic failure? The "Reagan Revolution" looms over American history and has swayed American politics since, while the "Age of Obama" and "Hope & Change" have become the stuff of derision to the point those labels sound comical today.

Way to piss off the Right by pointing out that Reagan voted for FDR.
How so? He was a Democrat earlier on and every conservative was a liberal at one time. We were all fed and cared for by mom and dad, dependent and needy. Then some of us grew up.

He was a conservative that besides having a corrupt administration, outspent all presidents before him. This thing about democrats being dependent etc. is a joke. All these thousands of lobbyists in DC currying favors with our politicians for government favors aren't all democrats either.

He was a conservative that besides having a corrupt administration, outspent all presidents before him. This thing about democrats being dependent etc. is a joke. All these thousands of lobbyists in DC currying favors with our politicians for government favors aren't all democrats either.
There's a lot of corruption now but no way to pursue it until the Republicans take the Senate. And I spoke about liberals and conservatives, not party members.

I don't think Reagan, paranoid of communism, can be credited for the collapse of the USSR. The USSR broke apart internally. JFK showed more courage in standing up to the USSR than Reagan ever did when he blockaded Cuba.

I don't think Reagan, paranoid of communism, can be credited for the collapse of the USSR. The USSR broke apart internally. JFK showed more courage in standing up to the USSR than Reagan ever did when he blockaded Cuba.
Bush 41 had far more to do with the ending of the USSR than Reagan. It was under Bush 41 that the USSR actually collapsed itself, three years after Reagan had left office. And it was Bush 41 that began the vacating of huge amounts of military assets from Western Europe which began in 1990 that made leaders of the USSR consider dissolution viable.

LOLz!!!

Gorby was gunna pull down da wall anywayz

Libs are fucking pathetic

Bush 41 had far more to do with the ending of the USSR than Reagan. It was under Bush 41 that the USSR actually collapsed itself, three years after Reagan had left office. And it was Bush 41 that began the vacating of huge amounts of military assets from Western Europe which began in 1990 that made leaders of the USSR consider dissolution viable.

All we know for certain is that Reagan was primarily responsible for defeating the Democrat home team

This may be hard for you to understand, but most people will give a lot more credence to someone who was on the front line than a whingy USMB poster:

LECH WALESA
Updated June 11, 2004 12:01 a.m. ET
GDANSK, Poland -- When talking about Ronald Reagan, I have to be personal. We in Poland took him so personally. Why? Because we owe him our liberty. This can't be said often enough by people who lived under oppression for half a century, until communism fell in 1989.

Poles fought for their freedom for so many years that they hold in special esteem those who backed them in their struggle. Support was the test of friendship. President Reagan was such a friend. His policy of aiding democratic movements in Central and Eastern Europe in the dark days of the Cold War meant a lot to us. We knew he believed in a few simple principles such as human rights, democracy and civil society. He was someone who was convinced that the citizen is not for the state, but vice-versa, and that freedom is an innate right.

I often wondered why Ronald Reagan did this, taking the risks he did, in supporting us at Solidarity, as well as dissident movements in other countries behind the Iron Curtain, while pushing a defense buildup that pushed the Soviet economy over the brink. Let's remember that it was a time of recession in the U.S. and a time when the American public was more interested in their own domestic affairs. It took a leader with a vision to convince them that there are greater things worth fighting for. Did he seek any profit in such a policy? Though our freedom movements were in line with the foreign policy of the United States, I doubt it.

I distinguish between two kinds of politicians. There are those who view politics as a tactical game, a game in which they do not reveal any individuality, in which they lose their own face. There are, however, leaders for whom politics is a means of defending and furthering values. For them, it is a moral pursuit. They do so because the values they cherish are endangered. They're convinced that there are values worth living for, and even values worth dying for. Otherwise they would consider their life and work pointless. Only such politicians are great politicians and Ronald Reagan was one of them.

The 1980s were a curious time -- a time of realization that a new age was upon us. Communism was coming to an end. It had used up its means and possibilities. The ground was set for change. But this change needed the cooperation, or unspoken understanding, of different political players. Now, from the perspective of our time, it is obvious that like the pieces of a global chain of events, Ronald Reagan, John Paul II, Margaret Thatcher and even Mikhail Gorbachev helped bring about this new age in Europe. We at Solidarity like to claim more than a little credit, too, for bringing about the end of the Cold War.

In the Europe of the 1980s, Ronald Reagan presented a vision. For us in Central and Eastern Europe, that meant freedom from the Soviets. Mr. Reagan was no ostrich who hoped that problems might just go away. He thought that problems are there to be faced. This is exactly what he did.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/SB108691034152234672

reg.jpg

^ Statue of Reagan, Budapest, Hungary

item_23495.jpg

^ Statue of Reagan, Warsaw, Poland

It sucks to be an "American" Progressive, on the wrong side of history and rooting for the USSR

This may be hard for you to understand, but most people will give a lot more credence to someone who was on the front line than a whingy USMB poster:

LECH WALESA
Updated June 11, 2004 12:01 a.m. ET
GDANSK, Poland -- When talking about Ronald Reagan, I have to be personal. We in Poland took him so personally. Why? Because we owe him our liberty. This can't be said often enough by people who lived under oppression for half a century, until communism fell in 1989.

Poles fought for their freedom for so many years that they hold in special esteem those who backed them in their struggle. Support was the test of friendship. President Reagan was such a friend. His policy of aiding democratic movements in Central and Eastern Europe in the dark days of the Cold War meant a lot to us. We knew he believed in a few simple principles such as human rights, democracy and civil society. He was someone who was convinced that the citizen is not for the state, but vice-versa, and that freedom is an innate right.

I often wondered why Ronald Reagan did this, taking the risks he did, in supporting us at Solidarity, as well as dissident movements in other countries behind the Iron Curtain, while pushing a defense buildup that pushed the Soviet economy over the brink. Let's remember that it was a time of recession in the U.S. and a time when the American public was more interested in their own domestic affairs. It took a leader with a vision to convince them that there are greater things worth fighting for. Did he seek any profit in such a policy? Though our freedom movements were in line with the foreign policy of the United States, I doubt it.

I distinguish between two kinds of politicians. There are those who view politics as a tactical game, a game in which they do not reveal any individuality, in which they lose their own face. There are, however, leaders for whom politics is a means of defending and furthering values. For them, it is a moral pursuit. They do so because the values they cherish are endangered. They're convinced that there are values worth living for, and even values worth dying for. Otherwise they would consider their life and work pointless. Only such politicians are great politicians and Ronald Reagan was one of them.

The 1980s were a curious time -- a time of realization that a new age was upon us. Communism was coming to an end. It had used up its means and possibilities. The ground was set for change. But this change needed the cooperation, or unspoken understanding, of different political players. Now, from the perspective of our time, it is obvious that like the pieces of a global chain of events, Ronald Reagan, John Paul II, Margaret Thatcher and even Mikhail Gorbachev helped bring about this new age in Europe. We at Solidarity like to claim more than a little credit, too, for bringing about the end of the Cold War.

In the Europe of the 1980s, Ronald Reagan presented a vision. For us in Central and Eastern Europe, that meant freedom from the Soviets. Mr. Reagan was no ostrich who hoped that problems might just go away. He thought that problems are there to be faced. This is exactly what he did.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/SB108691034152234672
There is nothing "whingy", nor inaccurate about my post. Walesa was thanking Reagan at the statue dedication for being one of five world leaders who "helped" free Poland from USSR occupation and control. He also mentioned Margaret Thatcher who was still in power as Bush 41 began his active policies of making the USSR able to dissolve. More importantly, he credited Pope John Paul II, French President Francois Mitterand and Mikail Gorbachev, who were actually still leaders at the time of the USSR dissolution. You may also note that Walesa gives credit to Poland's own efforts.

Not knowing the history of how the USSR fell or the history of Poland, it might have gone over your head that Walesa was referring to 1989, which is when Poland left the control of the USSR preceding the fall of the USSR through the Solidarity movement and Party which shocked the world by voting itself out of the USSR in 1989, during the administration of Bush 41. Reagan helped during his administration by joining with other world leaders and applying pressure, but the former CIA Director Bush 41 was the one who orchestrated the final dessolution that freed the rest of Eastern Europe.

They have to idolize Raygun & his failed policies & corruption because Bill Kristol at Fox tells them to every time he's in front of a camera. I'm not joking. See how long you can watch that neocon architect of vietraq before he mentions the Gipper..

Gorby gave Reagan a deal and Reagan grabbed it, and for that we should thank Reagan. It was Gorby's deal, however.

There is nothing "whingy", nor inaccurate about my post. Walesa was thanking Reagan at the statue dedication for being one of five world leaders who "helped" free Poland from USSR occupation and control. He also mentioned Margaret Thatcher who was still in power as Bush 41 began his active policies of making the USSR able to dissolve. More importantly, he credited Pope John Paul II, French President Francois Mitterand and Mikail Gorbachev, who were actually still leaders at the time of the USSR dissolution. You may also note that Walesa gives credit to Poland's own efforts.

Not knowing the history of how the USSR fell or the history of Poland, it might have gone over your head that Walesa was referring to 1989, which is when Poland left the control of the USSR preceding the fall of the USSR through the Solidarity movement and Party which shocked the world by voting itself out of the USSR in 1989, during the administration of Bush 41. Reagan helped during his administration by joining with other world leaders and applying pressure, but the former CIA Director Bush 41 was the one who orchestrated the final dessolution that freed the rest of Eastern Europe.
I assure you I know a lot more about history and politics than any whingy twit on this site, most of all you. You have neither the background nor certainly not the knowledge to be capable of analyzing the end of the Cold War.

You presume to interpret the words of a leader of the stature of Lech Walesa, when he himself was quite clear.

You try to come off as well-informed but by the very content of your posts, you are outed as another dime-a-dozen ignorant hack.

And someone of a very different political persuasion who was on the front liine against communism, and actually someone who I met briefly:

Former Czech President Vaclav Havel:
"I was deeply hit by the news about the death of Ronald Reagan.

He was a man of firm principles who was indisputably instrumental in the fall of communism."
Gorby gave Reagan a deal and Reagan grabbed it, and for that we should thank Reagan. It was Gorby's deal, however.
Reagan's mission was the collapse of the Soviet Union. That was certainly not Gorbachev's. It's history folks. Attempted revisionism is the errand of fools and hacks.

Forum List

Back