The gun-rights march organized by Helena, MT's repeat snipe hunters

Status
Not open for further replies.

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
One of coolest things about Montana, besides the absolute beauty of the place is that it's a state with very near one million people in it.

On March 24, 2018, there was a gun rights march/rally in Helena, MT. The march was called "March for Our Guns." The organizing group's mission declaration includes the following remarks:
  • We cannot allow one more gun to be taken from our hands. We must make it our top priority to make sure that people of this nation continue to have the right to defend themselves.
  • March For Our Guns is created by citizens in Montana who will no longer risk the leftist agenda of seizing the opportunity to diminish our abilities to keep and bear arms
That's not particularly unexpected for a gun advocacy group. The mission also contains this statement:
  • Politicians are correct in telling us that now is not the time to talk about guns.
giphy.gif

Really? They think now is not the time to talk about guns, yet guns appear to be all they talk about!

The agenda for the march was:

Now one might wonder what is the gun-culture in Montana. Well, each of the following countries in 2015 had fewer guns than did Montana:

• Libya -- pop. 6.29M
  • New Zealand -- pop. 4.63M
  • Honduras -- pop. 9.11M
  • Hungary -- pop. 9.87M
  • Cambodia -- pop. 15.76M
  • Congo -- pop. 78.74M
  • Jordan -- pop. 9.46M
  • Taiwan -- pop. 23.34M

Now this doesn't pertain to Montana so much as it does to the US and other countries.:

Now any careful reader will quickly note that those death rates per 100K people are for whole countries whereas Montana is a state. Accordingly, one must too consider Montana's gun homicide rate per 100K, which, with all the guns in Montana should be very low, is, of course, a very safe place because more guns corresponds to more safety. The gun-related death rate in Montana is about 16 per 100K; however, suicides account for 80% of the 16, so if one removes them it's a bit over 3.2 per 100K.

So from that information one can deduce readily (notice I did not write "infer") what else those several countries, and scores more, had; however, I for those whose math skills are poor, I'll tell you: Fewer gun-related deaths per 100K people than did Montana is what they had.

The march organizers published the following instructions, which they called "General Rules and Foundations for this March."

Butter my butt and call me a biscuit !!!

Did you read the march "rules and foundations?" If you didn't, you should.

A gun-rights advocacy group held a march in Helena, MT, a town of ~31K people, the capital of Montana, and a "ruby red" state which has around a million people and more guns than several small countries and more than one rather populous country.
  • That group rails against liberals taking guns, yet they instruct their kindred marchers not to bring their guns to the march! REALLY !!?!?!!
A "more guns = more safety" group marching in "More Guns Than Many Places Montana" explicitly states that the march is "not armed" and cited safety, particularly that of children, as the reason for not having guns present! Yep, that's what they said, yet members of the group have no problem with guns being around kids, so long as the kids are in a classroom, which, frankly, makes shooting kids about as easy as catching fish in a bucket seeing as unlike the center of Helena, there's no place to run in a classroom.

Talk about "Mastercard" moments!

When I click any of the attachments in the OP, I get:
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
Anyone know why this happens?

One of coolest things about Montana, besides the absolute beauty of the place is that it's a state with very near one million people in it.

On March 24, 2018, there was a gun rights march/rally in Helena, MT. The march was called "March for Our Guns." The organizing group's mission declaration includes the following remarks:
  • We cannot allow one more gun to be taken from our hands. We must make it our top priority to make sure that people of this nation continue to have the right to defend themselves.
  • March For Our Guns is created by citizens in Montana who will no longer risk the leftist agenda of seizing the opportunity to diminish our abilities to keep and bear arms
That's not particularly unexpected for a gun advocacy group. The mission also contains this statement:
  • Politicians are correct in telling us that now is not the time to talk about guns.
giphy.gif

Really? They think now is not the time to talk about guns, yet guns appear to be all they talk about!

The agenda for the march was:

Now one might wonder what is the gun-culture in Montana. Well, each of the following countries in 2015 had fewer guns than did Montana:

• Libya -- pop. 6.29M
  • New Zealand -- pop. 4.63M
  • Honduras -- pop. 9.11M
  • Hungary -- pop. 9.87M
  • Cambodia -- pop. 15.76M
  • Congo -- pop. 78.74M
  • Jordan -- pop. 9.46M
  • Taiwan -- pop. 23.34M

Now this doesn't pertain to Montana so much as it does to the US and other countries.:

Now any careful reader will quickly note that those death rates per 100K people are for whole countries whereas Montana is a state. Accordingly, one must too consider Montana's gun homicide rate per 100K, which, with all the guns in Montana should be very low, is, of course, a very safe place because more guns corresponds to more safety. The gun-related death rate in Montana is about 16 per 100K; however, suicides account for 80% of the 16, so if one removes them it's a bit over 3.2 per 100K.

So from that information one can deduce readily (notice I did not write "infer") what else those several countries, and scores more, had; however, I for those whose math skills are poor, I'll tell you: Fewer gun-related deaths per 100K people than did Montana is what they had.

The march organizers published the following instructions, which they called "General Rules and Foundations for this March."

Butter my butt and call me a biscuit !!!

Did you read the march "rules and foundations?" If you didn't, you should.

A gun-rights advocacy group held a march in Helena, MT, a town of ~31K people, the capital of Montana, and a "ruby red" state which has around a million people and more guns than several small countries and more than one rather populous country.
  • That group rails against liberals taking guns, yet they instruct their kindred marchers not to bring their guns to the march! REALLY !!?!?!!
A "more guns = more safety" group marching in "More Guns Than Many Places Montana" explicitly states that the march is "not armed" and cited safety, particularly that of children, as the reason for not having guns present! Yep, that's what they said, yet members of the group have no problem with guns being around kids, so long as the kids are in a classroom, which, frankly, makes shooting kids about as easy as catching fish in a bucket seeing as unlike the center of Helena, there's no place to run in a classroom.

Talk about "Mastercard" moments!

Any documentation on those guns they claim somebody took from them?

When I click any of the attachments in the OP, I get:
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
Anyone know why this happens?

No problem on my end... Hope it clears up for you... Put some tin foil on the rabbit ears...

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-28_6-38-15.png
    upload_2018-3-28_6-38-15.png
    203.7 KB · Views: 43
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back