The great Joseph Lowery

No, your mind is not emancipated. You're a slave. Slave to a racist belief. It runs you life. And as for being scared of what you bring :auiqs.jpg:. You're just another one in a long line of chumps trying to get a shot at the title. And I'll be more than happy to make an example out of you.
So impressive with your threats and all. :rolleyes:

And telling me I am the one with a problem when I suggest blacks would be far better off breaking off their
dependency on the race hustlers in the democrat party and making their political support truly worth something shows who really has the un-emancipated mind. Hint...it's you, super bad, finger pointing soul brother.

You don't know shit about King or Lowery. If King was alive today you'd be crying about his anti white message. Standing for equal rights is not anti white. Unless you are a white racist. And the civil rights struggle has not ended. There is no pure racism about it. Unless you're a demented white racist who believes Teflon history.

Rev. Lowery was a great man and since you know nothing about being great, you know nothing about the likes of Lowery.
Until blacks emancipate their own minds and run away from the democrat run political plantations that the average black feels so at home on, they, blacks, will continue to occupy the bottom rungs of every measuring stick society has (education, crime, poverty, etc.).

Some black folks see this and are preaching a positive message of independance and for that, they get every nasty racist comment you can think of hurled at them by negroes still living under an illusion and their white enablers.

If you think your civil rights are somehow being violated, by virtue of being black, start a thread about it.
Or tell someone in the black Congressional caucus about it. I'm sure they care a lot about you.

Just out of curiosity, what do you consider to be the "average black"?

If you choose to elaborate, I will do the same.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Not certain who you are asking, but In a black owned bus system in the backward, bigoted south of that era, white southerners would have gotten their wish....there would have been NO BLACKS in their presence on public transportation and black citizens would not have had to abide by their backward, racist regulations, such as being required to relinquish their seats to white passengers, who were no better than them, except in their twisted psychotic view of their self proclaimed superiority.

As far as everyone "arriving at their destination:, I suppose that you see no issue with some being forced to give up their seats based on race, is fine.

For those who were forced to comply with such a practice, it was not acceptable to them at all.
I'm not endorsing the old South and their segregated ways in any manner.

I don't know why you'd think otherwise and I note it's ironic and a sign of how far we haven't come that some college campuses are now self segregating, no whites needed here or allowed.
So if they don't care...it really strikes a blow against racial healing.

It really undercuts anyone's message here when young black students are eager to turn around and
be the bigots we are all supposed to abhor.
They apparently don't give a damn what sort of message they are sending out.

But back on topic, yeah...I'm not a fan of segregation or any system of enforced racial superiority.
So don't try to lay that on me. You'll just wind up looking foolish.

No one is "laying anything" on you.

And as an editorial comment, I do not think you are capable of "making me look foolish"

• Thanks
Not certain who you are asking, but In a black owned bus system in the backward, bigoted south of that era, white southerners would have gotten their wish....there would have been NO BLACKS in their presence on public transportation and black citizens would not have had to abide by their backward, racist regulations, such as being required to relinquish their seats to white passengers, who were no better than them, except in their twisted psychotic view of their self proclaimed superiority.

As far as everyone "arriving at their destination:, I suppose that you see no issue with some being forced to give up their seats based on race, is fine.

For those who were forced to comply with such a practice, it was not acceptable to them at all.

I don't know why you'd think otherwise and I note it's ironic and a sign of how far we haven't come that some college campuses are now self segregating, no whites needed here or allowed.

It really undercuts anyone's message here when young black students are eager to turn around and

But back on topic, yeah...I'm not a fan of segregation or any system of enforced racial superiority.

No one is "laying anything" on you personally, so there is no need for a defense mechanism in that regard.

I simply expressed my thoughts, and referenced my own experience as an example.

And as an editorial comment, I do not think you are capable of "making me look foolish"

Last edited:
His anti white rhetoric was not consistent with Dr. King's message and at the heart of many old time anti segregationists' rantings are racist sentiments not in touch with the 21st century.
There is still a hard core of "white devilism" alive in Lowery's message. This is what IM2 celebrates.

It may be understandable given what Lowery went through and where and when he grew up.
For latter day racists long after the civil rights struggles though that appeal is pure racism in action.

For example?
For example a life time call for "social justice" which is just code for the new segregation: black ownership of businesses that have a large black clientele, which he called for. Since when is business ownership dependent on who buys the most? "As head of the S.C.L.C., he promoted economic empowerment for black Americans, saying they must control the cash registers of the lunch counters they integrated. He became known as the dean of the civil rights movement. "

I admire a lot of what he did. By no means was he perfect or a saint.

Ha ha. No, I mean actual evidence, not your scribblings on a message board. You're not exactly what we call a "reliable souce", K? Nor do we need "codes". And while we're at it nor do we need strawmen of "perfect saints" which up to now nobody brought up, so don't think your weasel wording isn't transparent.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo did I ever get an answer on this? Still not seeing any.

Whelp --- I guess it's like that other poster said:

So you have no answers. I'm not surprised. You are all bluff and bluster.

Oh wait. That was the same guy with no answers. Irony, that.

• Thanks

No one is "laying anything" on you personally, so there is no need for a defense mechanism in that regard.

I'm not being defensive. Just mentioning how it's inappropriate to explain how segregation in the old South worked. I am well aware so tutorials on the issue are kind of moot.

And to be clear I'm not the one making you look foolish if you are trying to link me to back of the bus policies. You would be doing that all by yourself.

Just out of curiosity, what do you consider to be the "average black"?

If you choose to elaborate, I will do the same.
I guess an average person living an average middle class existence who happens to be black.
How is this pertinent?

Forty minutes later---Oh....I'm sorry. Was this not what you expected?

Last edited:
For those of us who are black, we know there are more leaders in our community than Jackson and Sharpton. Limbaugh made them the only leaders to white conservatives, but Limbaugh is a fat slob who dropped out of college because he was a dumb ass.

Rev. Joseph E. Lowery, Civil Rights Leader and King Aide, Dies at 98
Mr. Lowery helped found the Southern Christian Leadership Conference and gave the benediction at President Barack Obama’s inauguration.

The Rev. Joseph E. Lowery, second from left, helped lead a civil rights and antiwar march in Atlanta in 1970. Also present was Coretta Scott King, fourth from left.

The Rev. Joseph E. Lowery, second from left, helped lead a civil rights and antiwar march in Atlanta in 1970. Also present was Coretta Scott King, fourth from left.

The Rev. Joseph E. Lowery, a lieutenant to the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. who helped organize a pivotal moment in the civil rights movement — the bus boycott in Montgomery, Ala. — and who gave the benediction at President Barack Obama’s inauguration more than half a century later, died on Friday at his home in Atlanta. He was 98.

The Martin Luther King Jr. Center for Nonviolent Social Change announced his death on Twitter.

Even before Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat on a Montgomery bus on Dec. 1, 1955, Mr. Lowery had successfully campaigned to integrate buses in Mobile, Ala., where he was a young Methodist minister. After Ms. Parks’s action, he huddled with Dr. King and other Alabama ministers to oversee a 381-day boycott of Montgomery’s segregated buses.

In November 1956, the Supreme Court ended racial segregation on buses in Montgomery and, by extension, everywhere else.

Mr. Lowery was at Dr. King’s side almost until the day of his assassination in April 1968. At Dr. King’s request, he presented the demands of voting-rights marchers from Selma, Ala., to Gov. George C. Wallace in 1965. Mr. Lowery also helped found the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, Dr. King’s signature organization, and led it for 20 years, from 1977 to 1997.

When Dr. King gathered with his top aides days before his death, it was Mr. Lowery who ended the meeting by saying, “The Holy Spirit is in this room.”

Mr. Lowery marched in countless demonstrations, was repeatedly arrested and was once shot at by the Ku Klux Klan. As head of the S.C.L.C., he promoted economic empowerment for black Americans, saying they must control the cash registers of the lunch counters they integrated. He became known as the dean of the civil rights movement.

His message of economic empowerment was the solution then, just as it is now.

If he had led the Alabama bus boycott, his efforts would have been focused on starting a black owned bus line as opposed to fighting a battle for the right to sit next to our own oppresors.

In a capitalist country, land ownership and monetary value that is all that matters at the end of the day.

And absolutely correct about Jackson and Sharpton.

They lead no one, or anything except the emotions of the misinformed who insist that they actually are "leaders".

"Our oppressors"? LOL!!!!

Yes. The same "oppressors" who forced tax paying
adults to relinquish their seats based on race.

I'm not interested in giving you a history lesson today.

So upset over something from so long ago.

You know, my dad was less harsh on the Japanese he fought in WWII, than you are on whites.

A lot less.

Im not "harsh" on whites, so you can abandon that nonsense.

But my memories of things that you know NOTHING about are clear.

The difference is that you did not "fight" any Japanese next to your father.

I sat at the back of a bus with mine.

I didn't say you were more harsh than ME. I said you were more harsh than HIM.

My dad fought, and then put it behind him.

YOu? You were raised in an atmosphere of hate. You are still fighting ghosts.

ROFLMAO! So now you are privy to what "I fight"? That is the
For those of us who are black, we know there are more leaders in our community than Jackson and Sharpton. Limbaugh made them the only leaders to white conservatives, but Limbaugh is a fat slob who dropped out of college because he was a dumb ass.

Mr. Lowery helped found the Southern Christian Leadership Conference and gave the benediction at President Barack Obama’s inauguration.

The Rev. Joseph E. Lowery, a lieutenant to the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. who helped organize a pivotal moment in the civil rights movement — the bus boycott in Montgomery, Ala. — and who gave the benediction at President Barack Obama’s inauguration more than half a century later, died on Friday at his home in Atlanta. He was 98.

The Martin Luther King Jr. Center for Nonviolent Social Change announced his death on Twitter.

Even before Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat on a Montgomery bus on Dec. 1, 1955, Mr. Lowery had successfully campaigned to integrate buses in Mobile, Ala., where he was a young Methodist minister. After Ms. Parks’s action, he huddled with Dr. King and other Alabama ministers to oversee a 381-day boycott of Montgomery’s segregated buses.

In November 1956, the Supreme Court ended racial segregation on buses in Montgomery and, by extension, everywhere else.

Mr. Lowery was at Dr. King’s side almost until the day of his assassination in April 1968. At Dr. King’s request, he presented the demands of voting-rights marchers from Selma, Ala., to Gov. George C. Wallace in 1965. Mr. Lowery also helped found the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, Dr. King’s signature organization, and led it for 20 years, from 1977 to 1997.

When Dr. King gathered with his top aides days before his death, it was Mr. Lowery who ended the meeting by saying, “The Holy Spirit is in this room.”

Mr. Lowery marched in countless demonstrations, was repeatedly arrested and was once shot at by the Ku Klux Klan. As head of the S.C.L.C., he promoted economic empowerment for black Americans, saying they must control the cash registers of the lunch counters they integrated. He became known as the dean of the civil rights movement.

If he had led the Alabama bus boycott, his efforts would have been focused on starting a black owned bus line as opposed to fighting a battle for the right to sit next to our own oppresors.

In a capitalist country, land ownership and monetary value that is all that matters at the end of the day.

They lead no one, or anything except the emotions of the misinformed who insist that they actually are "leaders".

You know, my dad was less harsh on the Japanese he fought in WWII, than you are on whites.

A lot less.

I'm not "fighting" anything. What IM2 posted was something related to history, and I commented.....because I understood it based on my own personal history.

And for your edification, I was raised in a very nurturing, well provided for household, but I was also taught EXACTLY who "hated" me.

You saw what I stated as an opportunity to misconstrue what I stated as somehow being harsh on "white people".

But understanding that your typical line of pursuit here is to find anything that you can identify as "anti white", I totally get it.

Oh? You were taught who hates you? And who was that? LOL!!!!

I'm not being defensive. Just mentioning how it's inappropriate to explain how segregation in the old South worked. I am well aware so tutorials on the issue are kind of moot.

And to be clear I'm not the one making you look foolish if you are trying to link me to back of the bus policies. You would be doing that all by yourself.

I link you to nothing. You're just an anonymous screename on an anonymous message board, with an opinion.

So don't flatter yourself with self aggrandizing statements.

As far as who here is informed on "segregation policies" from that era, it is not incumbent upon me to teach readily available history to some who are too ignorant to look it up themselves.

Furthermore, it is NOT inappropriate for someone who saw segregation in effect, to speak up about it.

So what is your point?

• Love

A lot less.

ROFLMAO! So now you are privy to what "I fight"? That is the

A lot less.

I'm not "fighting" anything. What IM2 posted was something related to history, and I commented.....because I understood it based on my own personal history.

And for your edification, I was raised in a very nurturing, well provided for household, but I was also taught EXACTLY who "hated" me.

You saw what I stated as an opportunity to misconstrue what I stated as somehow being harsh on "white people".

But understanding that your typical line of pursuit here is to find anything that you can identify as "anti white", I totally get it.

Oh? You were taught who hates you? And who was that? LOL!!!!

As stated, I spoke in a past tense reference. I'm not interested in spoon feeding history to anyone today, so go bother someone else, please.

Thank you.

The original post was, in my opinion, both a valuable and accurate portrayal of Joseph Lowery’s life. I don’t see why it should be controversial to remember and discuss this champion of civil rights and economic self-empowerment for African-Americans. I am 71 years old and remember those struggles well, and only regret I was too young to participate in most of those early protests.

I also really liked the references to “Sullivan’s Principles” which I had almost forgotten about, and which played a central role in the divestment movement and the ultimate defeat of apartheid in South Africa. Ordinary white folk who think they “know all about” black history and know just what the problem “in their minds” is, and even how to fix it ... are embarrassingly and arrogantly mistaken.

Last edited:
I link you to nothing. You're just an anonymous screename on an anonymous message board, with an opinion.

Just like yourself. How coincidental.
You seem anxious (desperate perhaps) to be offended. Try and look at yourself to see why you need
to be embroiled in conflict.

As far as who here is informed on "segregation policies" from that era, it is not incumbent upon me to teach readily available history to some who are too ignorant to look it up themselves.
Then don't
"teach" if it burdens you. Who asked you to give unsolicited tutorials?

Furthermore, it is NOT inappropriate for someone who saw segregation in effect, to speak up about it.

So what is your point?
I'm sorry. I meant "inappropriate" to bloviate in a forum where this is what people do here and then carry around your "oh woe is me" cross as if you are being persecuted for giving your
questionable opinions.

So you lived through a difficult time in history. So what? So did I. So what? Get over yourself, queenie.

The original post was, in my opinion, both a valuable and accurate portrayal of Joseph Lowery’s life. I don’t see why it should be controversial to remember and discuss this champion of civil rights and economic self-empowerment for African-Americans. I am 71 years old and remember those struggles well, and only regret I was too young to participate in most of those early protests.

I also really liked the references to “Sullivan’s Principles” which I had almost forgotten about, and which played a central role in the divestment movement and the ultimate defeat of apartheid in South Africa. Ordinary white folk who think they “know all about” black history and know just what the problem “in their minds” is, and even how to fix it ... are almost always arrogantly mistaken.
Thank you Thomas. There are a lot of things our white nationalist experts on blacks know nothing about.

I also really liked the references to “Sullivan’s Principles” which I had almost forgotten about, and which played a central role in the divestment movement and the ultimate defeat of apartheid in South Africa. Ordinary white folk who think they “know all about” black history and know just what the problem “in their minds” is, and even how to fix it ... are almost always arrogantly mistaken.

"Ordinary white folk"? "Almost always arrogantly mistaken"?

That's some good irony there, btw.

Arrogance IS bad.

You seem anxious (desperate perhaps) to be offended. Try and look at yourself to see why you need

Then don't

So what is your point?
I'm sorry. I meant "inappropriate" to bloviate in a forum where this is what people do here and then carry around your "oh woe is me" cross as if you are being persecuted for giving your
questionable opinions.

So you lived through a difficult time in history. So what? So did I. So what? Get over yourself, queenie.
I find it ironic that you mention blacks on campuses segregating because they look for safe spaces to get away from the white racism they face. You seem unable to discuss the many segregated white campus organizations that are responsible for making black college students feel uncomfortable.

Then don't

So what is your point?
questionable opinions.

I find it ironic that you mention blacks on campuses segregating because they look for safe spaces to get away from the white racism they face. You seem unable to discuss the many segregated white campus organizations that are responsible for making black college students feel uncomfortable.

The white racism is the imagination of hysterical lefty racists.

Never heard of him.

I find it ironic that you mention blacks on campuses segregating because they look for safe spaces to get away from the white racism they face.
This is the sort of bullshit rationalizations that some redneck in
1950's Mississippi could have used to exclude blacks....in supposedly public accommodations no less.
And you seem real comfortable giving it! What a fucking moron!

Here's a clue...college is not the place to hide out from white people and demand they be segregated from you dark snowflakes. Try transferring to an all black school or moving to Nigeria. Idiot!

You are utterly filled with shit and not worth the breath it takes for me to respond to your racist idiocy. Fuck you! You aren't against racism. You love it, when it benefits your favorite color (YOU COLORED).

You seem unable to discuss the many segregated white campus organizations that are responsible for making black college students feel uncomfortable.
There are NO segregated white campus organizations, Chuck! If black students are uncomfortable
around white students (or any other type of student for that matter) then get the fuck out of college.
Go home and find a black neighborhood where whites aren't allowed and stay there, you hypocrite!

Last edited:
No, your mind is not emancipated. You're a slave. Slave to a racist belief. It runs you life. And as for being scared of what you bring :auiqs.jpg:. You're just another one in a long line of chumps trying to get a shot at the title. And I'll be more than happy to make an example out of you.
So impressive with your threats and all. :rolleyes:

And telling me I am the one with a problem when I suggest blacks would be far better off breaking off their
dependency on the race hustlers in the democrat party and making their political support truly worth something shows who really has the un-emancipated mind. Hint...it's you, super bad, finger pointing soul brother.
You do have a problem because you are making statements based on opinions from white race hustlers on the right and uncle toms and sellouts. We don't need to break away from a damn thing. A you guys want is just enough blacks so trump can get re-lected or that you can win elections in order to get your racist agenda implemented. You guys make all these idiotic comments about blacks who vote democrat because it frustrates you to know that despite all the gaslighting we aren't moving.

You are the slave boy, because you seem to worship some idea that we as blacks cannot read the policy positions of the republican party and figure out for ourselves that white republicans present as a platform does not meet the needs of our community. Your trifling ass is in here trying to tell me about making our political support worth something by joining a party full of assholes like you, some of who still believe that Obama is a Kenyan. Then we have your sorry ass telling me how if we stop being members of the democratic party blacks will remain on the bottom as if joining a party full of people yelling jews will not replace us, how there is a policy of genocide against whites, that there is anti white discrimination, that we need to end affirmative action and whose every republican representative but one in this congress refused to vote for a voting rights act that would restore provisions the supreme court took away that has created the ability for republican led states to implement voter suppression, is going to help us.

So don't come to me with your dumb shit son, because you trying to use words like emancipated, slave, plantation and shit would get your fucking teeth knocked out of your mouth if you tried saying that shit to my face. I've been emancipated since the day I was born and I saw why blacks left the republican party. Still today, republicans have not given us a reason to return so you need to stop listing to white race pimps and uncle toms telling you about blacks..

Never heard of him.

Whelp -- now you have. Thank the OP, as I did.

Forum List

Back