The Forward Party

This coming from the guy who thinks the market grew out of the Earth like a tree
Right. And cavemen never traded meat for berries or other stuff. Trade is simply an unnatural, modern construct.
:rolleyes:

wild injuns never traded bone knifes for arrows until the white man showed up with his evil free-market concepts.

(I believe that you are too stupid to recognize sarcasm, so I gave you some eye rolls and I am giving you a hint in this parenthetical)

What separates humans from....you....is our ability to trade a/k/a THE MARKET.

The fact that I have to break it down that simple for you tells EVERYBODY all they need to know about the existence (or lack thereof) of your brain.

Given that you can't grasp the simple concept, and existence of, human trade, I will not waste time explaining to you the more complicated concept and existence of natural or unalienable rights.

You're a waste of time.

Right. And cavemen never traded meat for berries or other stuff. Trade is simply an unnatural, modern construct.

wild injuns never traded bone knifes for arrows until the white man showed up with his evil free-market concepts.

(I believe that you are too stupid to recognize sarcasm, so I gave you some eye rolls and I am giving you a hint in this parenthetical)

What separates humans from....you....is our ability to trade a/k/a THE MARKET.

The fact that I have to break it down that simple for you tells EVERYBODY all they need to know about the existence (or lack thereof) of your brain.

Given that you can't grasp the simple concept, and existence of, human trade, I will not waste time explaining to you the more complicated concept and existence of natural or unalienable rights.

You're a waste of time.
😄

Why do you get so hysterical when people ask you to explain yourself and then have follow up questions when your answers leave more ambiguity? Someone secure in their intellect wouldn't cry as much as you do over simply being asked to explain your reasoning.

Trade and barter between cave men is similar looking to the "free" market except for some major key differences. The providence of ownership for items cavemen are trading between one another isn't treated as an intrinsic right. They trade, they also beat each other to death over things they want from one another and these actions aren't thought of as morally good or bad any more than when two lions fight for shade under a tree.

Libertarians like to posit that their claims on resources represent some intrinsic "right" and by extension violence to defend those resources (keep others from them) "justified". Where is the evidence supporting the existence of this right and by extension your justified violence in keeping others from it?

Sounds like it will probably be the same stuff both parties have pushed for decades just being repackaged under a new party name. Be interesting to see what policies they offer up but I will be shocked if it’s anything new original or realistic.
Yep. It will be a bunch of rebranded shit.

Nothing new here.

Say what you will, but Yang is a definite improvement over Biden

1. He can walk instead of shuffle and does not fall down stairs.........yet anyway.
2. He can complete a sentence
3. Yang does not have hairy legs that stand up in the sun as 'roaches" (i.e. black children) come to rub them down so they can stand upright again as they sit on his lap, because he enjoye them sitting on his lap, etc.
I don't think Yang is really cut out for being a politician, and that's not a real dig. David Jolly is an interesting guy. These folks seem more like strategy folks than candidates

There will always be two groups of people who will dismiss (and try to get others to dismiss) a third party attempt like this: Partisans of whichever party feels the most threatened by it, and those who (for some reason) LIKE the ugly, destructive tribalism into which we have fallen.

I can see the first one, given our current binary system, but I just don't understand the second one.

There will always be two groups of people who will dismiss (and try to get others to dismiss) a third party attempt like this: Partisans of whichever party feels the most threatened by it, and those who (for some reason) LIKE the ugly, destructive tribalism into which we have fallen.

I can see the first one, given our current binary system, but I just don't understand the second one.
Why not just make the Libertarian Party not a joke, but a serious contender, instead of trying a green-party retread?

Why not just make the Libertarian Party not a joke, but a serious contender, instead of trying a green-party retread?
Well the central premise of economic libertarianism is a joke, because the founders were not anti-tax to build roads (omg it's not enumerated!) or bridges (that one either!!), and whenever anyone tries to apply it, like Mike Lee of Utah and healthcare insurance and Obamacare, he is a joke.

But assume a third party arose and was based on the idea that anyone elected should have to view each issue and each bill individually, without leadership telling them they can't vote. And their duty was to consider if the proposal would advantage most of the particular constituents, and disadvantage fewer, and if on the whole of the benefit of the country outweighed a particular constituency, the elected person should vote what he thought was the most overriding concern.

Then the D or R running against that postion would have to say why he/she didn't agree .... or he/she would have to adopt that position.

One of the best hopes for such a formation is for it to concentrate on local elections, and only rarely and exceptionally endorse or castigate a major party presidential candidate — for example coming out against Trump if he runs again. Above all such a Third Party must at first campaign for …

Non-partisan Electoral Reforms like RANKED-CHOICE VOTING.

https://www.fairvote.org/rcv#where_is_r ... oting_used

Andrew Young has already endorsed this and other electoral and good government reforms.

One of the best hopes for such a formation is for it to concentrate on local elections, and only rarely and exceptionally endorse or castigate a major party presidential candidate — for example coming out against Trump if he runs again. Above all such a Third Party must at first campaign for …

Non-partisan Electoral Reforms like RANKED-CHOICE VOTING.

https://www.fairvote.org/rcv#where_is_r ... oting_used

Andrew Young has already endorsed this and other electoral and good government reforms.
The Founders clearly made certain assumptions as they worked to put this together. They HAD to, for this experiment to succeed.

They had to assume that adults could deal in good faith with each other. They had to assume that Americans would ultimately, even if it meant losing on a particular issue, agree to and operate under rules and expectations that were in the best interest of the country over their own.

Obviously, we have failed them.

And the Founders definitely foresaw the dangers of tribalism and partisanship:

nV5gAAH.jpg

Well the central premise of economic libertarianism is a joke, because the founders were not anti-tax to build roads (omg it's not enumerated!) or bridges (that one either!!), and whenever anyone tries to apply it, like Mike Lee of Utah and healthcare insurance and Obamacare, he is a joke.
That's not the central premise of libertarianism.

WTF, basquebromance ? That is no interview, and even if it were, what does that prove besides maybe your own prejudice?

P.S.

“Alhurra is a United States-based public Arabic-language satellite TV channel that broadcasts news and current affairs programming” …

a new national political third party to appeal to millions of voters they say are dismayed with what they see as America's dysfunctional two-party system.

Confusing-- -- a bunch of democrats and republicans who helped form the dysfunctional system so many are disappointed with are now creating a new party to give voters an alternative to the broken system of which they are a part? I thought that was why we had Trump?

Isn't this really just another attempt to try to siphon votes away from Trump and MAGA supporters to better help democrats win?

If they are calling it a Forward party, then you know it is anything but going "forward." Notice how Forward sounds a lot like "progressive?" :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back