The far right embraces violence because it has no real political program

A fucking riot over injustice of blacks being killed by cops is not the same as a bunch of white racists storming the capital over the lie of a stolen election that never happened. You dicks still believe the election was stolen
So lets see.....a black thug that overdosed and killed himself....even if you discount that fact out of 1000 deaths a year that take place with the police arresting people, in 10-12 million encounters, only 400 are black? That's .0033%! And you are lecturing people who protested an illegal election and calling them dicks? Again, you libbers have no sense.
The thugs that stormed the Capitol, killed a police officer and pissed and defacated in the seat of our government.....your kind of American?

I was promised riots in all 50 states today.....where are they?
Once the trumpanzees realized that they would be held legally responsible and trump would not bail them out.....they rethought their revolution.
Gotta brain of your own.....all ya spew is what they spoon fed ya
Ah...orange projection....one of the pillars of the trump faith.
Just the facts....you must have got your talking points late

If Trump had won controversially the left might have done the same thing. Both sides are crazy.

Ah yes, but there you are in the Perfect Middle, piously judging all.
The Left invariably claims equal evil whenever they are dead wrong.
The Right doesn't say "they're just as bad" because the Left is always, ALWAYS much worse.
In racism, in lies, in criminality, in evil. There is no comparison between the arson and looting done by the Left and consider the politicians and fat cats who bailed out looters and arsonists by the hundreds!

ONLY LEFTISTS claim the "both sides are crazy" equivalence because, like all things Left, it's a lie.

The actual organizers, called it off as they saw they would be outnumbered in fact, and as they will always be. The rest of us love our country and have decided to keep it.
Liberals hate the United States.
That's it? No link?
Read the 2020 Democratic Platform...All the hate for the US on display.

The actual organizers, called it off as they saw they would be outnumbered in fact, and as they will always be. The rest of us love our country and have decided to keep it.
On January 6, the flags, hats and voices of the insurrectionists capture on camera and posted on right wing sources, face book and the news were not liberal voices.
Right, nothing was burned up and nobody shot except for a protestor.
And the guys with the wire ties and flex cuffs did not get to Vice President Pence or any of our Senators or Representatives, the gallows with nooses built by them on the lawn, unused and now torn down, an insurrection failure, attempted by failures, doomed to failure and arrests, charges and punishment.
Spare us all the fake drama libber....we saw real violence all summer long from actual criminals and murderers. Your ilk has the market cornered on actual lawbreaking thugs.
I didn't create the drama. The losing side is always the most dramatic. You did not see the drama queens today, the false patriots that are still being rounded up as we speak. Their own leaders telling them to stand down against the overwhelming forces of liberty and democracy arrayed against them and their traitorous quest for a new country on the grounds of our United States.
If only all political violence was addressed like this.
I think it will be for a while, at least. It will be looked at as the domestic terrorism it is and the perpetrators rounded up and punished for their crimes against the country.
I, honestly, do not and it has been proven over and over again. Violence from the left is not only accepted but lauded from the top and I do not yet understand why. Perhaps because it is not as stark and in your face as the violence from the right.

The riots across the country over the last few months have been actively covered for and the perpetrators ignored.

On January 6, the flags, hats and voices of the insurrectionists capture on camera and posted on right wing sources, face book and the news were not liberal voices.
And the guys with the wire ties and flex cuffs did not get to Vice President Pence or any of our Senators or Representatives, the gallows with nooses built by them on the lawn, unused and now torn down, an insurrection failure, attempted by failures, doomed to failure and arrests, charges and punishment.
Spare us all the fake drama libber....we saw real violence all summer long from actual criminals and murderers. Your ilk has the market cornered on actual lawbreaking thugs.
I didn't create the drama. The losing side is always the most dramatic. You did not see the drama queens today, the false patriots that are still being rounded up as we speak. Their own leaders telling them to stand down against the overwhelming forces of liberty and democracy arrayed against them and their traitorous quest for a new country on the grounds of our United States.
I think it will be for a while, at least. It will be looked at as the domestic terrorism it is and the perpetrators rounded up and punished for their crimes against the country.
I, honestly, do not and it has been proven over and over again. Violence from the left is not only accepted but lauded from the top and I do not yet understand why. Perhaps because it is not as stark and in your face as the violence from the right.

The riots across the country over the last few months have been actively covered for and the perpetrators ignored.
I hope you are incorrect on your expectations, but only time will tell. I know that Joe condemned the violence at the BLM riots, though did not denounce the BLM movement itself. In fact other real leaders have denounced the violence but not the movement and actually spoke out in favor of the movement. Mixed message at best.
I think you are correct in the characterization of the violence of the right being perceived as more in your face as it was directed straight at the seat of the nations government itself and in broad daylight, pretty hard to chock up to a few bad apples with the life shots from inside the capital as they chased security, forcefully tried to bulldoze into a hallway, through a small group of defenders by a mob pushing forward with crushing force and even shown breaking through high impact security glass similar to windshield glass (if you were never in the glazing trades) where the woman was killed on camera attempting to breach the doors they had just broken out.
Not so sure the perps in the local city riots were ignored, so much as not identified, as much of their terrorism was carried out at night and some shown on camera even after dark were wearing masks, more to cover identity (in my opinion) than to stop covid. Equally heinous, but more tactical as they realized they needed to hide identity, as opposed to the insurrections in DC, acting like they thought nobody would mind them launching an assault on our Capital Building screeming hang Pence, hang Pelosi (also captured live on video). Not bright. Not tactical in the least, just a hot headed mob.

I hope you are incorrect on your expectations, but only time will tell. I know that Joe condemned the violence at the BLM riots, though did not denounce the BLM movement itself. In fact other real leaders have denounced the violence but not the movement and actually spoke out in favor of the movement. Mixed message at best.
Very mixed. Even Trump specifically stated that he wanted the capitol protestors to do so peacefully. Almost universally it is recognized that such actions and words were irrelevant as it was Trump that riled them up, lied to the them and ultimately sent them to the capitol.

My problem is that the left did the IDENTICAL thing. Burning, looting and murder (all things that happened under the auspice of 'peaceful' protests) were the natural cause of telling the lie to an entire segment of the population that everyone was out to get them. That they are universally tread upon, preyed on and ultimately killed. That they are not responsible in any way for any situation they may be in. That everyone else is privileged by dent of immutable qualities. And, worst of all, there there is no actual solution to their dilemma. All same lies that caused the capitol violence but when exercised by those on the left it was not just tolerated but ACTIVELY covered up by leaders on the left and virtually every major media network. It is even worse when the only people covering the violence and problems are doing so in an exaggerated manner and full of bullshit lies themselves. Biden still to this day does not even acknowledge the existence of one of those violent groups and most of the media actively lied claiming the violence on the left was actually violence from the right in disguise.

And in utter shameless evil, the right did the same shit trying to claim that Antifa had infiltrated the Trump protests and paraded around a single instance of someone on the left fomenting and egging on the violence within the protest. As if that was an excuse for the many violent bad actors there on the right who had PLANNED to loot and kill.

A major difference I see is that the right has done so at the behest of a single prevalent leader who is now out of office (and we can only hope is gone from center stage) where the left's support was endemic throughout the entire party. The fact that it is not even acknowledged is fucking insane and frightening. It is why I still cannot support candidates like Biden and am left without options considering I could not support Trump. Hell, I almost voted for Trump because of the way the Democrats handled the riots but his actions during and after the debates was just fucking terrible. I cannot even support the Libertarian party anymore as they have begun to bow to the lies on the left for some insane reason when there are so many on the right ripe for the taking because of Trumps outright insane behavior.

I think you are correct in the characterization of the violence of the right being perceived as more in your face as it was directed straight at the seat of the nations government itself and in broad daylight, pretty hard to chock up to a few bad apples with the life shots from inside the capital as they chased security, forcefully tried to bulldoze into a hallway, through a small group of defenders by a mob pushing forward with crushing force and even shown breaking through high impact security glass similar to windshield glass (if you were never in the glazing trades) where the woman was killed on camera attempting to breach the doors they had just broken out.
It was a truly disgusting display.

It does give much of the leadership on the right cover considering how obvious condemnation of the behavior and Trumps actions in general is. The did not have much room to try and justify this bullshit. The videos taken inside the building was very telling.

The sad part is that no one anywhere in any position of power seems remotely interested in healing the divide that created this mess. All we are getting is more political jockeying and politicians using this to garner more power. As the rioters and protesters on the left are not going away no matter how many times the right tries to pretend they can get rid of them though strong police action, the sentiments of the people that started this riot are also not going away. Indeed, the calls for cracking down on the BLM riots and the calls for excising anyone on the right connected to Trump or his 70 million supporters are making this worse. The more the divide is actively used to pursue those who feel suppressed, the larger and more violent the gap is going to get. This is not over by a long shot IMHO and it is not Trump that caused this violence on either side. Trump was a symptom of a greater problem, the problem of a political system that is getting more and more disconnected from the people that it derives its power from.

It is outright scary that the major tech companies, in my estimation, are willing to make this worse by actually proving that the fears of the extreme right are justified when they actively try and erase their voice in unison.
Not so sure the perps in the local city riots were ignored, so much as not identified, as much of their terrorism was carried out at night and some shown on camera even after dark were wearing masks, more to cover identity (in my opinion) than to stop covid. Equally heinous, but more tactical as they realized they needed to hide identity, as opposed to the insurrections in DC, acting like they thought nobody would mind them launching an assault on our Capital Building screeming hang Pence, hang Pelosi (also captured live on video). Not bright. Not tactical in the least, just a hot headed mob.
No, they were outright ignored AND, far worse, encouraged. Where I am, Seattle, protesters took over a portion of the city for WEEKS with outright support from local government until it ended up in their own backyard. Certainly more tactical though. The protesters at the capitol were a special kind of stupid but then again, what do you expect from people that are willing to do violence in the name of Trump and obvious lies. At least the left wing rioters have been fomented for years by virtually the entire media. The rioters on the right were sparked with overt lies from a single source over a very short time span. That speaks to how powerless they feel though.

Very mixed. Even Trump specifically stated that he wanted the capitol protestors to do so peacefully. Almost universally it is recognized that such actions and words were irrelevant as it was Trump that riled them up, lied to the them and ultimately sent them to the capitol.

My problem is that the left did the IDENTICAL thing. Burning, looting and murder (all things that happened under the auspice of 'peaceful' protests) were the natural cause of telling the lie to an entire segment of the population that everyone was out to get them. That they are universally tread upon, preyed on and ultimately killed. That they are not responsible in any way for any situation they may be in. That everyone else is privileged by dent of immutable qualities. And, worst of all, there there is no actual solution to their dilemma. All same lies that caused the capitol violence but when exercised by those on the left it was not just tolerated but ACTIVELY covered up by leaders on the left and virtually every major media network. It is even worse when the only people covering the violence and problems are doing so in an exaggerated manner and full of bullshit lies themselves. Biden still to this day does not even acknowledge the existence of one of those violent groups and most of the media actively lied claiming the violence on the left was actually violence from the right in disguise.

And in utter shameless evil, the right did the same shit trying to claim that Antifa had infiltrated the Trump protests and paraded around a single instance of someone on the left fomenting and egging on the violence within the protest. As if that was an excuse for the many violent bad actors there on the right who had PLANNED to loot and kill.

A major difference I see is that the right has done so at the behest of a single prevalent leader who is now out of office (and we can only hope is gone from center stage) where the left's support was endemic throughout the entire party. The fact that it is not even acknowledged is fucking insane and frightening. It is why I still cannot support candidates like Biden and am left without options considering I could not support Trump. Hell, I almost voted for Trump because of the way the Democrats handled the riots but his actions during and after the debates was just fucking terrible. I cannot even support the Libertarian party anymore as they have begun to bow to the lies on the left for some insane reason when there are so many on the right ripe for the taking because of Trumps outright insane behavior.

It does give much of the leadership on the right cover considering how obvious condemnation of the behavior and Trumps actions in general is. The did not have much room to try and justify this bullshit. The videos taken inside the building was very telling.

The sad part is that no one anywhere in any position of power seems remotely interested in healing the divide that created this mess. All we are getting is more political jockeying and politicians using this to garner more power. As the rioters and protesters on the left are not going away no matter how many times the right tries to pretend they can get rid of them though strong police action, the sentiments of the people that started this riot are also not going away. Indeed, the calls for cracking down on the BLM riots and the calls for excising anyone on the right connected to Trump or his 70 million supporters are making this worse. The more the divide is actively used to pursue those who feel suppressed, the larger and more violent the gap is going to get. This is not over by a long shot IMHO and it is not Trump that caused this violence on either side. Trump was a symptom of a greater problem, the problem of a political system that is getting more and more disconnected from the people that it derives its power from.

It is outright scary that the major tech companies, in my estimation, are willing to make this worse by actually proving that the fears of the extreme right are justified when they actively try and erase their voice in unison.
No, they were outright ignored AND, far worse, encouraged. Where I am, Seattle, protesters took over a portion of the city for WEEKS with outright support from local government until it ended up in their own backyard. Certainly more tactical though. The protesters at the capitol were a special kind of stupid but then again, what do you expect from people that are willing to do violence in the name of Trump and obvious lies. At least the left wing rioters have been fomented for years by virtually the entire media. The rioters on the right were sparked with overt lies from a single source over a very short time span. That speaks to how powerless they feel though.
No. Not the same. Sorry you don't get it. Hopefully the mayors and governors will act more responsibly to your senses along with their citizenry and put people on the streets to prevent violence, but there is no telling. The answer will not be in Washington, though. Note, there was not even the slightest peep of protest violence or disruption at the inauguration. After the insurrection, Washington just said NO, and they meant it.

No. Not the same. Sorry you don't get it. Hopefully the mayors and governors will act more responsibly to your senses along with their citizenry and put people on the streets to prevent violence, but there is no telling. The answer will not be in Washington, though. Note, there was not even the slightest peep of protest violence or disruption at the inauguration. After the insurrection, Washington just said NO, and they meant it.
Of course not the same.

Not the same because....

because.....

because....

Just because.

Forum List

Back