The Environmental Apocalypse

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
sums up "globull warming" AKA climate change nicely.
and if you don't fall into the cult of climate change, they LABEL you as, Deniers, flat earther etc..people need to open your eyes why all these POLITICANS are making "climate change" their next CRISIS of how we are all, going to die if we don't give our lives over to them to SAVE US...

SNIP:
The Environmental Apocalypse

Early in the morning, while most are still sleeping, groups of elderly Chinese women spread out across city streets. They tear open trash bags, pick through the litter and sort out bottles and cans that come with a deposit. And then they bring them to the local supermarket to a machine that scans and evaluates each can, accepting and rejecting them one by one, and finally printing out a receipt.

The interaction between the elderly immigrant who speaks broken English or the homeless man who is barely holding it together... and the machine is a stark contrast between what the new smart clean green economy pretends to be and what it actually is.

The machine, like so much else that we design, is impressive, but its existence depends on someone digging through the trash with their hands for much less than minimum wage to extract a generally useless item.

The entire bottle economy, which has more than a passing resemblance to the trash sorting operations in the Third World carried out by despised and persecuted minorities, like the Zabbaleen in Egypt, is artificial. The United States is not so poor that it actually needs to recycle. It recycles not under the impulse of economic imperatives, but of government mandates.

The elderly Chinese women dig through the trash because politicians decided to impose a tax on us and an incentive for them in the form of a deposit. All those useless 1980s laws created a strange underground economy of marginalized people digging through the trash.

Every time politicians celebrate a recycling target met and show off some shiny new machine, hiding behind the curtain are the dirty weary people dragging through the streets at the crack of dawn, donning rubber gloves and tearing apart trash bags. They are the unglamorous low-tech reality of environmentalism.

These are the Green Jobs that aren't much talked about. They pay below minimum wage and have no workplace safety regulations. They are the Third World reality behind the First World ecology tripe. It's not that the people who plan and run the system don't know about them. But they don't like to talk about them because they come too close to revealing the unsavory truth about where environmentalism is really going.

Environmentalism, like every liberal notion, is sold to the masses as modern and progressive. It's the exact opposite. It's every bit as modern and progressive as those sacks of cans being hauled by hand through the streets to the machine.

Prince Charles, that avid idiot and environmentalist, visited a Mumbai slum a few years ago and said that it had some lessons to teach the West.

“When you enter what looks from the outside like an immense mound of plastic and rubbish, you immediately come upon an intricate network of streets with miniature shops, houses and workshops, each one made out of any material that comes to hand,” Prince Charles wrote in his book, Harmony.

The Prince of Wales is quite the author. In addition to Harmony: A New Way of Looking at Our World, he has written Shelter: Human Habitats from Around the World, The Prince's Speech: On the Future of Food and The Illustrated Guide to Chickens: How to Choose Them, How to Keep Them.

One might be forgiven for assuming that the royal brain twitching behind those watery eyes is preparing for some sort of apocalypse. And it is. The apocalypse is environmentalism. Or from the point of view of the environmentalists, who spare some time from their public appearances and their mansions to pen tomes on the future of food and how to choose chickens, the apocalypse is prosperity.

People of that sort think that instead of getting the slum dwellers of Mumbai into apartments, we ought to be figuring out how to build shelters out of random garbage. Think of it as the recycling can solution as applied to your entire life.

“The people of Dharavi manage to separate all their waste at home and it gets recycled without any official collection facilities at all," a marveling Charles, who probably never took out the trash once in his life, wrote. It's easy to get people to recycle without any mandates or collection facilities at all. All it takes is grinding poverty so miserable that you either make the most of every last thing you can get your hands on or you die.

That is the sort of lifestyle that environmentalists think of as sustainable. Or as Hobbes put it, "In such condition, there is no place for Industry; because the fruit thereof is uncertain; and consequently no Culture of the Earth... no commodious Building; no Instruments of moving, and removing such things as require much force; no Knowledge of the face of the Earth; no account of Time; no Arts; no Letters; no Society." That is the natural state to which environmentalists would return us to.

More recently another deep thinker, Peter Buffett, Warren Buffett's son, took to the editorial pages of the New York Times to denounce Third World philanthropy.

"Microlending and financial literacy — what is this really about?" Buffett asks. "People will certainly learn how to integrate into our system of debt and repayment with interest. People will rise above making $2 a day to enter our world of goods and services so they can buy more. But doesn’t all this just feed the beast?"

To the slum dwellers, the beast isn't capitalism, it's that gnawing feeling in your stomach when you haven't eaten for a day. But Peter Buffett, who lives a life almost as privileged as Prince Charles, bemoans the idea of getting people to the point where they aren't worried about where their next meal is coming from because it just turns them into capitalists and consumers. And before you know it, they're buying big screen televisions and writing op-eds in the New York Times on the futility of philanthropy.

"There are people working hard at showing examples of other ways to live in a functioning society that truly creates greater prosperity for all (and I don’t mean more people getting to have more stuff)," Peter Buffett wrote, probably unaware that he was sniffing down the same trail that a thousand communes had gone. But the experimental farm is old hat. The new model is the Third World.

Instead of helping the Third World live like us, the perverse children of the rich dream of making us live like the Third World.

Those working hard to make our society function like Charlie's favorite slum aren't moving to their own collective farms. Instead they are transforming our society into the collective farm while pretending that their calculated destruction of our prosperity is smart and modern.

The Soviet Union pretended that its plans for the country were a modern step forward. In reality, the Commissars took the farmers back to feudalism and then turned much of the country into peasants, coping with harvest labor problems by forcing urban populations to come and pick the crops. And those were the good times. In the bad times, highways and other large projects were built through mass slave labor no different than the way that ancient Egypt built the pyramids.

Communist modernism was a Potemkin village, a cheap tacky curtain and behind it, the sweating slave and the stench of Babylon. The modernism of the progressive is the same facade covered in sociology textbooks, New York Times op-eds and teleprompter speeches. Behind it lie the ruins of Detroit, tribal violence in the slums of every major city and an economy in which there is no more room for the middle class except as clerks in the government bureaucracy. And it doesn't end there.

The elderly Chinese woman picking through the trash in search of empty beer bottles isn't the past. She's the future. Recycling is big business because the government and its affiliated liberal elites decided it should be. It's just one example of an artificial economy and it's small stuff compared to the coming carbon crackdown in which every human activity will be monetized and taxed somewhere down the road according to its carbon footprint.

The ultimate dream of the sort of people who can't sleep at night because they worry that children in India might be able to grow up making more than two dollars a day, is to take away our prosperity for our own good through the total regulation of every area of our lives under the pretext of an imminent environmental crisis.

The Global Warming hysteria is about absolute power over every man, woman and child on earth.

ALL of it here
Sultan Knish: The Environmental Apocalypse

Good God! So now returnable bottles are a communistic plot. Oh my, oh my. Staph, old gal, you are getting more fruitloopy every day.

In the '50's, when I was a boy, we had returnable beer and pop bottles. I picked them up along side the highway for fishing gear and science fiction magazines. I had no idea that I was aiding in a one world commie fascist plot to make America into China.

The reality is that it is you 'Conservatives' that are attempting to turn this nation into a third world nation. You are the ones that are trying to destroy all the environmental regulations that have made our nation more livable. You are the ones that are constantly trying to lower the wages for the people on the factory floor. And you are the ones that constantly lie about the reality of what is happening with our climate. You denigrate scientists and science and worship unfettered wealth and power.

Really, deposits on bottles as a 'one world' plot? I think you and the rest of the fruitloops need some psychiatric help.

Good God! So now returnable bottles are a communistic plot. Oh my, oh my. Staph, old gal, you are getting more fruitloopy every day.

In the '50's, when I was a boy, we had returnable beer and pop bottles. I picked them up along side the highway for fishing gear and science fiction magazines. I had no idea that I was aiding in a one world commie fascist plot to make America into China.

The reality is that it is you 'Conservatives' that are attempting to turn this nation into a third world nation. You are the ones that are trying to destroy all the environmental regulations that have made our nation more livable. You are the ones that are constantly trying to lower the wages for the people on the factory floor. And you are the ones that constantly lie about the reality of what is happening with our climate. You denigrate scientists and science and worship unfettered wealth and power.

Really, deposits on bottles as a 'one world' plot? I think you and the rest of the fruitloops need some psychiatric help.

I don`t think that it`s only "conservatives" that threw the beer bottles you collected into the ditches.
People who do that aren`t of any particular political stripe and for the most part don`t even vote.
No matter which city, all you have to do is take a look at the slum districts and compare that to a district where middle class home owners live, who groom their yards and do sort their garbage into recycling bins.
It`s the slum dwellers that cause the problem and it`s their garbage that needs to be sorted later at the taxpayer`s expense before it can be recycled.
XwWOioJnWqhIJTS-556x313-noPad.jpg

NewBerlinSlums2.png

When he’s not lamenting about how he was elected by racists, New Berlin mayor Jack Chiovatero is working diligently to address New Berlin’s critical shortage of crack whores and graffiti artists.
When I was a boy you could not have made any money gathering bottles along the roads.
There was a milkman who picked up your empty glass bottles and left the full ones at your doorstep.
The breweries did the same thing with beer and lemonade and there were drinking water fountains all over the place
That ended when disposable packaging and became a big business.
Now you can`t even buy a screwdriver which isn`t packaged in ~ sq.foot of plastic and if you want to drink water you have to buy plastic bottled water. No matter what you buy in a "super market" it`s excessively packaged with a brand name label and a UPC bar code on it, for their convenience, not your`s, and politics has nothing to do with it.

The only way to deal with it is like this:
0,,6650665_4,00.jpg

Germany recycles 45 percent of its municipal waste

Disparities between countries

Less than 3 percent of municipal waste in these countries is buried, compared to around 100 percent in some eastern European countries, like Bulgaria. The European average is for countries to send 38 percent of their garbage to landfill.
According to data gathered by the EU's statistical office, Eurostat, Germany recycled nearly half of its municipal waste in 2010,
In Germany garbage collection & disposal is the responsibility of municipal government, same as in the US.

So if you want to play politics with garbage and who creates the biggest mess then ask who the residents of these municipal slum districts voted for....when they did vote:
r-FLORIDA-REPUBLICANS-BLACK-VOTE-VOTERS-VOTES-large570.jpg

The OP is discussing China.. Friend of mine, an H1B Visa from China, told me his Dad was given a government award for designing SEVERAL automatic recycling machines. Even China understands that "cheap labor" is a passing fancy..

Here in the states, it's not exactly a Communist plot, but it IS corrupt governmental abuse of taxation when they slap Deposits on every can and bottle. Back in the 80s, California paid for a network of recycling centers all over town where folks could return containers and get their deposits back. When Curbside recycling hit --- all that infrastructure went bye-bye, BUT THE TAXES REMAIN !!! Just TRY to get your "deposit" back today. I don't think it's possible. And PERHAPS, even tho you pay for the pick-up of recycling, perhaps SOMEONE is getting those deposits back.

But I doubt it -- MILLions of dollars of taxation for a system that has evolved. That's not Communism, it's LESS honest than that.....

The OP is discussing China.. Friend of mine, an H1B Visa from China, told me his Dad was given a government award for designing SEVERAL automatic recycling machines. Even China understands that "cheap labor" is a passing fancy..

Here in the states, it's not exactly a Communist plot, but it IS corrupt governmental abuse of taxation when they slap Deposits on every can and bottle. Back in the 80s, California paid for a network of recycling centers all over town where folks could return containers and get their deposits back. When Curbside recycling hit --- all that infrastructure went bye-bye, BUT THE TAXES REMAIN !!! Just TRY to get your "deposit" back today. I don't think it's possible. And PERHAPS, even tho you pay for the pick-up of recycling, perhaps SOMEONE is getting those deposits back.

But I doubt it -- MILLions of dollars of taxation for a system that has evolved. That's not Communism, it's LESS honest than that.....

You can still get you deposit money back, but you have to take the stuff to a designated recycling center. Most people are too busy to spend their time doing that so they are not recovering their deposits.

Forum List

Back