The End is Near

$ecular#eckler

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2020
Transient
Still, trying to figure out what happened to all of the trees saved by computer technology and the discontinuance of phone books?

“Increasing the efficiency of existing technologies will significantly reduce the need for costly, environmentally damaging construction of new ‘mega data centers.’ The next three years will be crucial. The global datasphere is predicted to increase to 175 zettabytes, with one zettabyte being approximately equal to one billion terabytes,” Sarkar concludes.

Wait till you read the description of how much electricity they need to power the clouds.

Still, trying to figure out what happened to all of the trees saved by computer technology and the discontinuance of phone books?

Wait till you read the description of how much electricity they need to power the clouds.
If the end is near, can I have all your stuff, as you won't be needing it?

I'm a comparatively old fart and I had trouble understanding the concept of "mining Bitcoin" requiring a huge amount of power expended. After reading a bit, it made sense but it still sounds stupid. If that is the only way for blockchain to function, it doesn't sound sustainable.

43pp6y.gif

Well now you have done it, I've never seen Elmo so distraught

He makes Gretta look like a well-adjusted and relatively happy youth.

There are now more trees on the planet than there were 40 years ago( close to 10% ) and that trend is set to continue .

So what's with the phoney headline?

Forum List

Back