The economy: Trump's greatest asset, Democrats' greatest liability

GDP growth in 2019 was 2.3%.

And how has that affected you?

It hasn’t, because it’s about the exact same as GDP growth in the last decade. That how little has changed.

Too bad your life is so miserable.

What does that have to do with anything? GDP growth was 2.3% last year.

Facts don’t care about your feelings.

Yep, and my feelings don't care about your life.
161228123900-consumer-confidence-index-780x439.jpg

Hey look...the last time it was this high was right before the last recession...shows just how fucking stupid most consumers are...and you are the poster child.

Sure it has. Keep telling yourself that.

Yep, don't know and don't care where you live, but all ya gotta do is open your eyes. Unless you're in San Francisco or Los Angeles.
GDP growth in 2019 was 2.3%.

It hasn’t, because it’s about the exact same as GDP growth in the last decade. That how little has changed.

Seems you are the one with the miserable considering how much your life depends upon who is sitting in the White House

Hey look...the last time it was this high was right before the last recession...shows just how fucking stupid most consumers are...and you are the poster child.

Dang, I forgot you fucking idiots like recessions.

Nobody likes recessions dumbass, you just keep proving your ignorance post after post.

Nobody likes recessions dumbass, you just keep proving your ignorance post after post.

Even in that video he did not say he liked them. Why do you lie so much?

Even in that video he did not say he liked them. Why do you lie so much?

Sure, he doesn't like them but he really wants one....you really are that stupid.

I have said before- Presidents get too much blame for bad economies, and too much credit for good ones.

With that in mind I would give Trump a B- on the economy.

I hated his corporate tax cuts. Companies were not hurting for money to expand like they were when Reagan used them to pull the economy out of the Carter Malaise. Too much of the money went to stock buybacks rather than expansion and job growth.

I like his efforts to reduce onerous government regulations on small businesses.

We are WAAAY overdue for a recession, and IMO there is a 50/50 chance we will see recession before November, so if you’re hitching you’re re-election to the economy and or stock market, a recession just months before the election would be very inconvenient.
/----/ "I hated his corporate tax cuts. "
So you like paying more for stuff because you know corporations pass taxes on to the consumer in the form of higher prices. And corporate taxes fuel inflation.
View attachment 303659

What did you pay less for because of the tax cuts? Besides, the goal of the cuts wasn’t to stem run away inflation. It was to create growth and good paying jobs, but it created very little of those. Instead it created record amounts of stock buybacks and a record high debt.

Why The Tax Cuts And Jobs Act (TCJA) Led To Buybacks Rather Than Investment
The underlying logic for the TCJA was that allowing companies to keep a greater share of profits, would stimulate investments in long term growth. Instead, the dominant company response to the TCJA was stock buybacks. For the first three quarters of 2018, buybacks were $583.4 billion (up up 52.6% from 2017). In contrast, aggregate capital investment increased 8.8% over 2017, while R&D investment growth at US public companies increased 12.5% over 2017 growth.

It was to create growth and good paying jobs

True.

but it created very little of those.

False.

Instead it created record amounts of stock buybacks and a record high debt.

No, SPENDING creates debt. I repeat: SPENDING creates debt. Not tax cuts.

Spending more than revenue creates debt......is what you should have said. Ergo, if you increase spending by 100 billion but increase revenue by 100 billion you don’t affect the debt. Trump did the opposite. He increased spending, and reduced revenue. That is why the national debt soared under your beloved orange clown.

Spending more than revenue creates debt......is what you should have said. Ergo, if you increase spending by 100 billion but increase revenue by 100 billion you don’t affect the debt. Trump did the opposite. He increased spending, and reduced revenue. That is why the national debt soared under your beloved orange clown.

Trump does not control spending you half-wit

He proposed the budget TitlessTerri, congress approved it.

How much money gets spent without Trump's signature.

He proposed the budget TitlessTerri, congress approved it.

How much money gets spent without Trump's signature.

ANSWER THE QUESTION------------->Who controls the purse strings of the United States? Who submits the budget?

Forum List

Back