The Dentist

Samson

Póg Mo Thóin
Dec 3, 2009
A Higher Plain
In April I had a regular appointment with the dentist I've been seeing the past 7 years. I was busy and wanted to reschedule. They could not until June.

In May I found I'd be busy in June. I called Delilah's dentist office. They could see me right away.

The guy had his biblography in the waiting room: Westie, with time in 'raq, and discharged from the 4th ID while in Colorado Springs, falls in love with CU co-ed and goes to dental school. Buys the local practice from Delilah's retired dentist. Nice Story.

Anyway, after the x-rays and exam, he lets me know I have three (3) cavities, and I need a "Deep Cleaning." During the past 7 years, I've not had either issue. He explains that a periodontal scaling and root planing- four or more teeth per quadrant, requires several visits because they are lengthy painful procedures, and asks if I would like a perscription for Valium. Introduces me to the 14 year old hygenist. Total bill for Proposed Treatment: $2165.00 with $288.20 my share.

Today I returned to my regular dentist to get a second opinion: No cavities, and a regular cleaning. See you in 6 months.

:mad:

Last edited:
I am certain my sister's dentist uses fillings he knows won't last anytime just to get people coming back. My dentist (whom my sister hates because he insulted her once--in her mind at least) has never had to redo a single one of my fillings and my sister is far more anal about flossing and the like than I am.

BTW I know a lady who had the deep cleaning thing. She said it was hell.

Forum List

Back