The DC Police need reforming

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
I watched the scenes last night and could not believe that the police could not secure that building. They knew that these characters would try something and they allowed a mob of hooligans to walk all over them.

Police in the states cant seem to manage crowd control. They are either overly violent or totally impotent. Any British force would have been able to keep the peace in this type of situation.

Or were the police in on the sedition ? They cant be that crap surely ?

I watched the scenes last night and could not believe that the police could not secure that building. They knew that these characters would try something and they allowed a mob of hooligans to walk all over them.

Police in the states cant seem to manage crowd control. They are either overly violent or totally impotent. Any British force would have been able to keep the peace in this type of situation.

Oh good, we have another nut job conspiracy theory. What an idiot!

The capital police are responsible for security at the capital. The breakdown starts with them.

Not really. Saw quite a few DC Police taking selfies with the seditionists. They may have thought it was a lark and nothing to get excited about..until shit went sideways in a hurry. Wonder what would have happened had those been black people protesting this summer..hmmm....

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

There should have been MUCH stronger mitigation tactics. Much more tear gas, much more non lethal force used.
But I'm quite proud they didn't open fire. It very easily could have been a blood bath.

In some ways, it exposed Trump supporters for the low life pieces of shit they are which helps long-term.

But yeah, there should have been much stronger mitigation efforts.

If President-Elect Biden goes through with this ill-conceived, stupid, and reckless public swearing-in ceremony....I think you may see such a blood bath.
He shouldn't even be remotely considering such a ceremony in the age of Covid.... This should give him pause as well. And it also solves the "problem" of what to do with the blob not attending. Don't even invite the blob.. The mango menace can go play golf or whatever.

The police have long associated themselves with the far right. Should we be hiring a better grade of people? Absolutely.

The amount of people rushing them at the moment did not allow them to do what it was needed and without proper backup they were outnumbered even with firearms and shooting those causing the insurrection would have caused more harm than good seeing it would have been on National TV...

Also let me be clear if true then it was Pence that put an end to this and him getting backup in.

Yes, security protocols need to be reviewed and fixed but what happened yesterday the men and women that were there do their best under the dangerous circumstances they faced...

Not really. Saw quite a few DC Police taking selfies with the seditionists. They may have thought it was a lark and nothing to get excited about..until shit went sideways in a hurry. Wonder what would have happened had those been black people protesting this summer..hmmm....

The police in most cities this last summer backed down and let the riots happen. Seattle formed their own city in the city, Portland rioted everyday up until November. So we saw what happened, the police didn’t do a lot to stop the riots.

Right wing coups cannot happen without the complicity of those charged with securing order. It has long been disturbing how much the police enable even the worst right wing behavior while being eager to escalate violence against anyone else.

Nothing.

The amount of people rushing them at the moment did not allow them to do what it was needed and without proper backup they were outnumbered even with firearms and shooting those causing the insurrection would have caused more harm than good seeing it would have been on National TV...

Also let me be clear if true then it was Pence that put an end to this and him getting backup in.

Yes, security protocols need to be reviewed and fixed but what happened yesterday the men and women that were there do their best under the dangerous circumstances they faced...
Sounds more like a lack of planning and leadership. You know the game is up when they are fighting hand to hand.

Ive spent years watching football games where the police have organised crowd control. Some good and some bad. That was a shambles yesterday. Elected politicians should not be compromised by a mob.

Happy New year Bruce.

Capitol police are like campus police, not like regular police.

Sounds more like a lack of planning and leadership. You know the game is up when they are fighting hand to hand.

Ive spent years watching football games where the police have organised crowd control. Some good and some bad. That was a shambles yesterday. Elected politicians should not be compromised by a mob.

Happy New year Bruce.

Thank you Tommy and the same to you...

As for the failure there was failure and people will lose their jobs and rightfully so and procedures will change...

In the end it did not turn into a blood bath and everyone should be thanking any deity at this moment!

Deescalation isn't one of their strengths. They're better when they can just kill people.

Some of the police were indeed in on the treason:

Untitled drawing - 2021-01-07T005607.548.png

Happy New year Bruce.

As for the failure there was failure and people will lose their jobs and rightfully so and procedures will change...

In the end it did not turn into a blood bath and everyone should be thanking any deity at this moment!

Nobody will lose their jobs.

police enable even the worst right wing behavior while being eager to escalate violence against anyone else.

I haven't seen a single report of any right-wingers in the capitol building hurting anyone. The only violence that I am aware of is when the cop shot and killed an unarmed woman for attempting to climb through a window.

You need to better embellish your stories! You need to say that she was sneaking through the window, ninja-style, with a flamethrower and was just getting ready to set everyone in Congress on fire when, BAM, the heroic cop shot her dead. And then, the thousands of heavily armed terrorists that were behind her, dropped their weapons in fear and fled!

Now THAT would be much better story!

Happy New year Bruce.

Someone will...

Happy New year Bruce.

Someone will...

Well yeah, Trump.

Forum List

Back