The Corrupt Management At Wells-Fargo

BertramN

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2016
“Wells Fargo (WFC)has been accused by federal regulators of illegal activity on a stunning level. Authorities say employees at the bank secretly created millions of unauthorized bank and credit card accounts between 2011 and July 2015, allowing the bank to make more money in fees and meet internal sales targets.”

Did you read the obscene words in the above paragraph? The words are only obscene to right-wingers, those words are: “federal regulators”. Yes, conservatives despise regulations, and applaud every Republican effort to eliminate laws that protect average Americans from corruption like that of Wells-Fargo.

Why do righties hate government passing laws that protect average Americans, because Reagan told them they must. Of course, the right wing reasoning on any issue is complete idiocy, but it is true, that they will dutifully defend all corporations' right to screw average Americans in any way possible.

But when their defense comes back to bite them in the butt, they then blame the Democrats that passed the laws that protected their retirement accounts, their homes, their jobs, etc. This always happens when Republican deregulation destroys them financially.

It is inevitable that the righties will blame Obama and the Democrats for the actions of Wells-Fargo’s crooked management, and decry the $185 million in penalties levied by the feds on that poor, abused corporation.

Workers tell Wells Fargo horror stories

<Broad generalizations about right wingers.>

Anyway, jokes aside this is good news I suppose.

“Wells Fargo (WFC)has been accused by federal regulators of illegal activity on a stunning level. Authorities say employees at the bank secretly created millions of unauthorized bank and credit card accounts between 2011 and July 2015, allowing the bank to make more money in fees and meet internal sales targets.”

Did you read the obscene words in the above paragraph? The words are only obscene to right-wingers, those words are: “federal regulators”. Yes, conservatives despise regulations, and applaud every Republican effort to eliminate laws that protect average Americans from corruption like that of Wells-Fargo.

Why do righties hate government passing laws that protect average Americans, because Reagan told them they must. Of course, the right wing reasoning on any issue is complete idiocy, but it is true, that they will dutifully defend all corporations' right to screw average Americans in any way possible.

But when their defense comes back to bite them in the butt, they then blame the Democrats that passed the laws that protected their retirement accounts, their homes, their jobs, etc. This always happens when Republican deregulation destroys them financially.

It is inevitable that the righties will blame Obama and the Democrats for the actions of Wells-Fargo’s crooked management, and decry the $185 million in penalties levied by the feds on that poor, abused corporation.

We do not live in a black and white world. In some cases govt is needed, in others it is far more harmful than good. Is this so hard to conceive?

Even though govt and regulations are necessary the fact remains government is corrupt, making deals against the common good to serve their benefactors, there is unimaginable bloatedness and waste --- this is all a gigantic problem that cripples a nation. Yes we regulate major corporate operations and safety measures, but very often the regulators and inspectors are just as corrupt as those they are dealing with.

Thanks for that article. What bastards these greedy major corporate powers can be. Wells Fargo, in particular, always made me think ill of them, based on numerous personal experiences alone. Too bad this $185 million fine is just a slap on the wrist and somewhat of a joke. Is that because govt or politicians got their back? Incidentally, Hillary has gotten the same kind of "avoidance of justice" just like these major corporations get away with. Bad juju.

Can I make up false claims about you?

I have have not heard, read, or seen a right-winger yet, that didn't want people committing fraud to be prosecuted.

Not once. Not in the last 16 years I've been on the internet.

Left-wingers are always liars and hypocrites. They just make up whatever they want and claim others support it.

(hey, if that's good enough to be an argument in your book, then I can play that game too)

Clearly this happened because the financial sector is just bogged right down with regulations, and if we eliminated them all they will police themselves just fine! Sure there might be a massive global depression they cause initially, but eventually the great free market will correct itself and all will be well happily ever after!

Another case where the left thinks people are to stupid enough not to pay attention..

You really think every one can't figure out how to get an ID or pay attention to bank statements?

Clearly this happened because the financial sector is just bogged right down with regulations, and if we eliminated them all they will police themselves just fine! Sure there might be a massive global depression they cause initially, but eventually the great free market will correct itself and all will be well happily ever after!

Ironically, you destroyed your own position right in your own post. While attempting to be sarcastic, you accidentally pointed out that despite the millions on millions of regulations we have... fraud can still happen. Apparently your endless piles of non-stop controls and regulations, still failed to stop even the most simple of fraudulent activities..... making a fake account.

I think you would be hard pressed to show even one single example of a highly regulated industry, that you have succeeded in regulating all the problems away.

The financial sector has been quietly nationalized under Obama....I am surprised you understand that.....

The financial sector has been quietly nationalized under Obama....I am surprised you understand that.....

Explain how it is nationalized.

You already did a fine job......

Ironically, you destroyed your own position right in your own post. While attempting to be sarcastic, you accidentally pointed out that despite the millions on millions of regulations we have... fraud can still happen. Apparently your endless piles of non-stop controls and regulations, still failed to stop even the most simple of fraudulent activities..... making a fake account.

I think you would be hard pressed to show even one single example of a highly regulated industry, that you have succeeded in regulating all the problems away.

Millions o' regulations! Millions!

Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well looks like you are wrong as usual, the financial industry was deregulated, and they screwed up the world economy. But let me guess, they just weren't deregulated enough! Why if we just left them to their own devices they would do the best for everyone and we will all live happily ever after lol.

So you can't, because it isn't.

No...I don't have to because you did....

Show where I did.

Show where I did.
Post #6

Show where I did.
Post #6
Explain how post #6 proves the financial sector is nationalized.

Show where I did.
Post #6

Show where I did.
Post #6
It's self explanatory.....

Show where I did.
Post #6

Show where I did.
Post #6
It's self explanatory.....
Then explain it. Or are you a fucking moron and too stupid?

Forum List

Back