The Cancel Culture - conform or face the consequences

Senate Minority Whip John Thune (R-SD) on Thursday accused Republican Party leaders of participating in “cancel culture” by censuring GOP senators who voted to convict former President Donald Trump of charges that he had incited an insurrection.

“There was a strong case made,” Thune said of the arguments put forward last week by House impeachment managers during an AP interview Thursday. “People could come to different conclusions. If we’re going to criticize the media and the left for cancel culture, we can’t be doing that ourselves.”

Senate Minority Whip John Thune (R-SD) on Thursday accused Republican Party leaders of participating in “cancel culture” by censuring GOP senators who voted to convict former President Donald Trump of charges that he had incited an insurrection.

“There was a strong case made,” Thune said of the arguments put forward last week by House impeachment managers during an AP interview Thursday. “People could come to different conclusions. If we’re going to criticize the media and the left for cancel culture, we can’t be doing that ourselves.”

Trump got acquitted again. Get over it!

This "cancel culture" is nothing new. Gag rules have been around forever, it seems. Reading about limbaugh brought back memories of Sandra Fluke. The republicans refused to allow her to speak. limbaugh called her all sorts of disgusting names, personal names, on his show, just for speaking out. There ain't nothing new under the sun.

The extent to which today's cancel culture exists is new I think. I don't ever remember anyone in the past being truly afraid to speak up about their political views and opinions as they are today. Yes, people had to deal with some blowback before now if they spoke up in opposition to the current popular ideology, that isn't new and does apply to either side. But not to the point where people were as intimidated as they are now, and that is attributed almost exclusively to the Left.

Lysistrata knows that. She is lying because she supports it.

That is a weapon for the left, to advance it's agenda.

So, it is to her, a good thing.

nzf8GnY.jpg

nzf8GnY.jpg

Giving in to the Left, is not a good idea. Censuring people for doing a bad job, is not cancel culture.

The promoters of Cancel Culture are cowardly bullies who deserve to be shunned.

Sadly most Conservatives are 100% against imposing any Consequences on Totalitarian Leftists.

Dissident Liberals would be 100% for imposing harshest legally possible consequences on Mainstream Left.

But Dissident Liberals are too few in number to achieve anything.

What a whiny bitch! Stop treating me like I'm not white!!!!! I want my white privilege.

I also agree that there much more discrimination in favor of white people then against white people.

But In USA 2021 like in USSR 1937, Cancel Culture has gone too far.

Forum List

Back