The Caliphate - resurrected

Early in the last century the European powers destroyed the Islamic Caliphate and divided the land between themselves by drawing up artificial borders.

The muslim people have had a longing for the restoration of the Caliphate for a hundred years.

Now the dream is being realized right in the heart of the Middle East. ... :cool:

Early in the last century the European powers destroyed the Islamic Caliphate and divided the land between themselves by drawing up artificial borders.

The muslim people have had a longing for the restoration of the Caliphate for a hundred years.

Now the dream is being realized right in the heart of the Middle East. ... :cool:

And there will be no designs on the "Great Satan", aka US? I am not buying it, Reagan, GHWB, and Bush II did and we know what happened.

Iraq militants announce new Islamic state

Oren Dorell, USA TODAY 6:28 p.m. EDT June 29, 2014

An al-Qaeda breakaway group that seized large swaths of Iraq in recent weeks declared Sunday the creation of a new religious state in Iraq and Syria, as it continued to repel government forces in Tikrit, the hometown of former dictator Saddam Hussein.

The militant group called the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant announced it will now be known as The Islamic State.

A spokesman for the new entity, Abu Mohammed al-Adnani, said the group's chief, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, remains its leader, and called on residents in areas under its control to swear allegiance to al-Baghdadi and support him.

The announcement could force other jihadist groups to either join or fight the group, which lays claim to billions of dollars in assets, scores of communities and operations that extend into Turkey and Lebanon, said Charles Lister, an analyst at the Brookings Doha Center, a think tank.

"The Islamic State's announcement made it clear that it would perceive any group that failed to pledge allegiance an enemy of Islam," Lister said. "Already, this new Islamic State has received statements of support and opposition from jihadist factions in Syria."

The group, which was disowned this year by al-Qaeda chief Ayman al-Zawahri, has developed an elaborate bureaucracy and an efficient model of governance, providing modern social services together with medieval justice. And it has supporters in Jordan, Gaza, the Sinai Peninsula, Indonesia and Saudi Arabia, Lister said.

"This could well be the birth of a totally new era of transnational jihadism," he said.

The group, which gained control of much of northern Syria during that country's civil war, fought U.S. troops as al-Qaeda in Iraq during the U.S. occupation.

Iraq militants announce new Islamic state

=======================================

And so it begins?

Islamic Caliphate, Round 2?

Praise be to Barack Hussein Obama who made it possible

obama is the father of the caliphate. They should name a day after him.

And there will be no designs on the "Great Satan", aka US? I am not buying it, Reagan, GHWB, and Bush II did and we know what happened.
Like I have said before, if the U.S. would get out of the Middle East and quit backing brutal puppet dictators with money and weapons to use on their people.

There is a good chance they will leave us alone.

True story......... :cool:

Like I have said before, if the U.S. would get out of the Middle East and quit backing brutal puppet dictators with money and weapons to use on their people.

There is a good chance they will leave us alone.

True story......... :cool:

A good chance, I guess reagan thought that when he backed the mujahideen that became the Taliban, then al Qaeda. He was WRONG.

The ISIS has way too much on their hands to be planning an attack on the U.S.

A novel idea would be to leave people in the Middle East alone to sort out their own destiny.

And maybe they will leave us alone. .. :cool:

What happens after they settle in?

The last time a Democratic President went after Islamic extremists, the US saw THIS:

Clinton came under intense criticism in 1998 by the GOP after he launched an attack on suspected terrorist targets in Afghanistan and Sudan. Intelligence indicated bin Laden and his top associates were meeting at a training camp when U.S. missiles were fired at it, just weeks after al Qaeda terrorists bombed U.S. embassies in Tanzania and Kenya.

The attack was launched on the same day Lewinsky, a former White House intern, wrapped up her testimony before a grand jury investigating whether Clinton lied under oath about their relationship or encouraged anyone else to do so.

CNN.com - Cohen criticizes 'wag the dog' characterization - Mar 23, 2004

Bush II let al Qaeda do as they pleased, we were attacked, and Bush's attention remained on Iraq. Is the "impeachment" talk more help for radical Islam?

When we were attacked in 93, was the because Clinton let them do as they please? IS this why 9-11 happened because Clinton was soft on Al Qaeda?

It's funny the roots of this issue are in WWI and forward. Thanks Europe for drawing lines which did not respect the religion and custom of Sunni, Shiite and Kurds and messing with Syria borders. Thanks US and UK for the 1953 Iranian coup d'état. Thanks Johnson and Nixon for arming and training of the ME. Thanks Carter for pissing the ME off with the Shah of Iran....it goes on.

This is not just the responsibility of Bush, no matter how hard you want to push that idea.

from the research i've done on islamic history (minor), i don't think this would be considered a caliphate. they don't have a religious leader.

No boots on the ground.

All the intel and munitions that the Kurds and Baghdad Iraqis need.

No federation: just like the three sides keep hurting each other.

And let al-Baghdadi be Emir, turn his attention to the US? How did al Qaeda grow so strong as to attack the US? THE MONICA SHOW! And now, Boehner may, or may not, be moving to impeach Obama.

And how did Bush and Obama deter this new "emir"?

The American after the last 14 years are not going to allow another troop build up in the ME.

No way TO deter after Bush's War, we opened the door, AGAIN, to Islamic extremists. The last time was when Reagan invited them to stay in Afghanistan. They did, only to become more & more radical.

The ISIS has way too much on their hands to be planning an attack on the U.S.

A novel idea would be to leave people in the Middle East alone to sort out their own destiny.

And maybe they will leave us alone. .. :cool:

What happens after they settle in?
It is going to take several decades to install a functioning and viable Caliphate. .. :cool:

I agree with what Sunniman says about the caliphate these last 100 years . Also , just read on some site that the new Caliph has instituted a Jizyah on infidels under his control . Makes sense to me for them to tax / extort as soon as possible .

No boots on the ground.

All the intel and munitions that the Kurds and Baghdad Iraqis need.

No federation: just like the three sides keep hurting each other.

And let al-Baghdadi be Emir, turn his attention to the US? How did al Qaeda grow so strong as to attack the US? THE MONICA SHOW! And now, Boehner may, or may not, be moving to impeach Obama.

And how did Bush and Obama deter this new "emir"?

The American after the last 14 years are not going to allow another troop build up in the ME.

Reactionary Jake hops to Obama's defense

"The future does not belong to those who slander the Prophet Obama" -- Jake

Praise be to Barack Hussein Obama who made it possible
BHO has been trying to clean up the mess that Bush and Cheney made.

You really want to send troops back in?

Thank you for the official view of The Democrat National Committee! Dunno what we might do without you. Or they without you for that matter!

If this thing really is a threat to America then 2-3 nukes would fix it for a long time.

If it isn't a threat then leave it the hell alone and let them kill each other.

Forum List

Back