The biggest asshole in America

CaféAuLait;6618836 said:
Nope, wrong again. It's true Katrina had a long life-- actually hit Florida first, which has become trivia -- but its path was completely unpredictable until Saturday August 27. As I said that's when I first even heard of the storm, that's when the buzz started to go around, and it hit in the dawn hours of Monday the 29th. As long as these "they had plenty of time" myths get mongered, I'll be here to drown them in the bathtub. Because it's utter bullshit.

Sandy by contrast followed the path that was forecast days before, with no surprises.

Which one was stronger, I'd be hesitant to say. Having seen and walked through Katrina's aftermath, I wouldn't bet against her.

I've got pictures somewhere, I should post them...

They did have plenty of time, why did Blanco declare a state of Emergency on the 26th if what you say is true, they knew what was coming days before that.

KATRINA TIMELINE | ThinkProgress

Again, when you say "they" you mean me, because I am the one of us who was there.
I'm not even going to bother opening your link because this is the fact: NOBODY knew what was going to happen on the 26th. By the 27th it looked very likely; by the 28th, definite. All this fucking bullshit about people having "plenty of time" is exactly that.

Baloney, I was not talking about YOU, I was specifically speaking about Blanco and Nagin. That is "THEY". Go back and read what I have been responding to.

And don't open the link, that is when she declared the first state of emergency, on the 26th of August. This storm was big news for days before she first declared the state of emergency on the 26th of August.

If you were not made aware of the storm until the 29th that shows you how much Blanco and Nagin FAILED the state. If you thought my comments meant anything to do with you, I was not referring to you, that was not my intent, as I was only referring to Blanco and Nagin. They should have done more to inform and protect everyone.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;6618882 said:
CaféAuLait;6618831 said:
Blanco made plenty of mistakes and in fact told everyone less than 48 hours before the storm hit that she was able to BRAG about how prepared they were.

Sure she made mistakes, as you did right there, because that statement refers to Jefferson Parish. As it happens, Jefferson was indeed prepared, because when we finally were allowed back into the city in early October five weeks later, the entire city was still dark, covered with rubble, under curfew and lawless. If you went in to clean up your place, you worked by daylight and went to Jefferson at sunset -- where they had electricity, running water and restaurants open to eat.

Anyway my point to the clueless one was that he had the governor fleeing the state with a sex change, which shows he knows jack squat of what he's talking about, or as the rest of the world calls it, "Tuesday".

The hell they didn't. Why do you think I left on Sunday? And once again, "two days" was the absolute maximum anybody had, and that's if they were the first to hear the forecast path and dropped everything. And when we did that evacuation, the entire I-10 was contraflowed westbound-- who do you think set that up? And in that contraflow we sat for hours, crawling a few feet at a time, due to the volume of traffic. Where the hell did all those cars come from if nobody told them to evacuate??

Once again, real slowly, I wasn't even aware of the existence of the storm until Saturday afternoon. There was absolutely no time to lollygag around thinking about whether you wanted to go or not.

CaféAuLait;6618831 said:
And she did not ask for federal assistance until days after the storm made landfall. They should have evacuated and waited until it was far too late.

Wrong yet again. Blanco asked for federal assistance on that same Saturday August 27 (and got it from Bush). And that's the same day I, using myself as a typical resident, was even made aware of the storm by a phone call from a friend. If you don't have a clue what you're talking about, then just STFU, because I do. You're embarrassing yourself. I'm not getting this from fucking Wikipedia and Google searches; I went through it.

Blanco declared a state of Emergency on the 26th of August. Which shows she made in INFORMED decision about a disaster which everyone had been following days before she called for the intial state of emergency:

26th August:

GOV. KATHLEEN BLANCO DECLARES STATE OF EMERGENCY IN LOUISIANA [Office of the Governor]

Memory fails and this is why I am supplying you with the timelines and news reports.

Here is another article with her own quotes and more of the timeline

How much blame does Gov. Blanco deserve? - NBCNightlyNews - NBC News Investigates | NBC News

Look, you might as well stop posting these links you go searching for, because I don't need them. What part of "I was there" don't you get?

I already know when the state of emergency was issued (and these are not uncommon with any approaching hurricane). I know when federal assistance was requested. I know when the populace was made aware, which was Saturday as soon as the meteorologists had decided the path was predictable. I know what the evacuation was like, and when it was. I don't need links. And as long as you have me here to set you straight, neither do you.

But all this picking out this politician because she's a Democrat, or that politician because he's a Republican, is a crock of steaming bullshit trying to make political points off the backs of victims of a natural disaster. That won't wash. I'm here to educate you on the facts, son.

You won't find a sharper critic of George W. Bush than me but I'm not going to use my neighbors to score cheap political points when there's myths to shoot down with heavy doses of reality. I've shot down several already, and if you float more of these turds I'll just shoot 'em down again. I have time. So bring it on.

Last edited:
This guy is a disgrace to all of America... He cannot disappear from public life fast enough.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) said Hurricane Katrina was "nothing in comparison to what happened to the people in New York and New Jersey" from Hurricane Sandy. Katrina killed 1,833 people compared to 120 deaths from Sandy.

NOLA.com: Baton Rouge : Reid says Hurricane Katrina was 'nothing in comparison' to Sandy

So this is what it takes for Republicans to give a shit about victims of Katrina?

Good to know for future reference.

CaféAuLait;6618888 said:
CaféAuLait;6618836 said:
They did have plenty of time, why did Blanco declare a state of Emergency on the 26th if what you say is true, they knew what was coming days before that.

Again, when you say "they" you mean me, because I am the one of us who was there.
I'm not even going to bother opening your link because this is the fact: NOBODY knew what was going to happen on the 26th. By the 27th it looked very likely; by the 28th, definite. All this fucking bullshit about people having "plenty of time" is exactly that.

Baloney, I was not talking about YOU, I was specifically speaking about Blanco and Nagin. That is "THEY". Go back and read what I have been responding to.

And don't open the link, that is when she declared the first state of emergency, on the 26th of August. This storm was big news for days before she first declared the state of emergency on the 26th of August.

If you were not made aware of the storm until the 29th that shows you how much Blanco and Nagin FAILED the state. If you thought my comments meant anything to do with you, I was not referring to you, that was not my intent, as I was only referring to Blanco and Nagin. They should have done more to inform and protect everyone.

Maybe you need to get on the short bus back to reading class, because you've misread not only my posts but your own. That's hard to do.

"They did have plenty of time" in the context clearly means we the people had plenty of time to evacuate (which we didn't). That's what all that drivel that came before was about. That's exactly what I walked in here to set straight.

As for my posts, right from the start and for several posts after I stated that I was first made aware on Saturday August 27th. August 29th was the day of the actual storm. Nobody was going anywhere on August 29th. Duh. :bang3:

Look, these are not just random dates to me; I remember each of them vividly. If you're going to walk around saying stupid shit at least get the dates straight.

CaféAuLait;6618882 said:
Sure she made mistakes, as you did right there, because that statement refers to Jefferson Parish. As it happens, Jefferson was indeed prepared, because when we finally were allowed back into the city in early October five weeks later, the entire city was still dark, covered with rubble, under curfew and lawless. If you went in to clean up your place, you worked by daylight and went to Jefferson at sunset -- where they had electricity, running water and restaurants open to eat.

Anyway my point to the clueless one was that he had the governor fleeing the state with a sex change, which shows he knows jack squat of what he's talking about, or as the rest of the world calls it, "Tuesday".

The hell they didn't. Why do you think I left on Sunday? And once again, "two days" was the absolute maximum anybody had, and that's if they were the first to hear the forecast path and dropped everything. And when we did that evacuation, the entire I-10 was contraflowed westbound-- who do you think set that up? And in that contraflow we sat for hours, crawling a few feet at a time, due to the volume of traffic. Where the hell did all those cars come from if nobody told them to evacuate??

Once again, real slowly, I wasn't even aware of the existence of the storm until Saturday afternoon. There was absolutely no time to lollygag around thinking about whether you wanted to go or not.

Wrong yet again. Blanco asked for federal assistance on that same Saturday August 27 (and got it from Bush). And that's the same day I, using myself as a typical resident, was even made aware of the storm by a phone call from a friend. If you don't have a clue what you're talking about, then just STFU, because I do. You're embarrassing yourself. I'm not getting this from fucking Wikipedia and Google searches; I went through it.

Blanco declared a state of Emergency on the 26th of August. Which shows she made in INFORMED decision about a disaster which everyone had been following days before she called for the intial state of emergency:

26th August:

GOV. KATHLEEN BLANCO DECLARES STATE OF EMERGENCY IN LOUISIANA [Office of the Governor]

Memory fails and this is why I am supplying you with the timelines and news reports.

How much blame does Gov. Blanco deserve? - NBCNightlyNews - NBC News Investigates | NBC News

Look, you might as well stop posting these links you go searching for, because I don't need them. What part of "I was there" don't you get?

I already know when the state of emergency was issued (and these are not uncommon with any approaching hurricane). I know when federal assistance was requested. I know when the populace was made aware, which was Saturday as soon as the meteorologists had decided the path was predictable. I know what the evacuation was like, and when it was. I don't need links. And as long as you have me here to set you straight, neither do you.

But all this picking out this politician because she's a Democrat, or that politician because he's a Republican, is a crock of steaming bullshit trying to make political points off the backs of victims of a natural disaster. That won't wash. I'm here to educate you on the facts, son.

You won't find a sharper critic of George W. Bush than me but I'm not going to use my neighbors to score cheap political points when there's myths to shoot down with heavy doses of reality. I've shot down several already, and if you float more of these turds I'll just shoot 'em down again. I have time. So how you wanna play this?

You are making a LOT of assumptions. I could give a rat’s ass if she or Nagin were a dem or a republican. You have no clue about what my experience was and if I or any of my family was there and why I might know a thing or two about what transpired. My child WAS there. They, Nagin and Blanco FAILED their state, period. As I said memory fails that is why I am trying to refresh your memory with links. You stated no one knew the path of the hurricane until after the 28th which is simply untrue, if that were the case a state of emergency would have never been issued on the 26th. Blanco would not have stated they were over prepared and felt she could ‘brag’ about how prepared they were DAYS before the storm made landfall if they did not know the path.

CaféAuLait;6618888 said:

Maybe you need to get on the short bus back to reading class, because you've misread not only my posts but your own. That's hard to do.

"They did have plenty of time" in the context clearly means we the people had plenty of time to evacuate (which we didn't). That's what all that drivel that came before was about. That's exactly what I walked in here to set straight.

As for my posts, right from the start and for several posts after I stated that I was first made aware on Saturday August 27th. August 29th was the day of the actual storm. Nobody was going anywhere on August 29th. Duh. :bang3:

Look, these are not just random dates to me; I remember each of them vividly. If you're going to walk around saying stupid shit at least get the dates straight.

Ahhh so now you are going to tell me what I was speaking of, that's rich. I even mention Blanco when I was they had plenty of time to evacuate. I was discussing Blanco and Nagin.

CaféAuLait;6618933 said:
CaféAuLait;6618882 said:

26th August:

You won't find a sharper critic of George W. Bush than me but I'm not going to use my neighbors to score cheap political points when there's myths to shoot down with heavy doses of reality. I've shot down several already, and if you float more of these turds I'll just shoot 'em down again. I have time. So how you wanna play this?

You are making a LOT of assumptions. I could give a rat’s ass if she or Nagin were a dem or a republican. You have no clue about what my experience was and if I or any of my family was there and why I might know a thing or two about what transpired. My child WAS there. They, Nagin and Blanco FAILED their state, period. As I said memory fails that is why I am trying to refresh your memory with links. You stated no one knew the path of the hurricane until after the 28th which is simply untrue, if that were the case a state of emergency would have never been issued on the 26th. Blanco would not have stated they were over prepared and felt she could ‘brag’ about how prepared they were DAYS before the storm made landfall if they did not know the path.

That is indeed untrue, and I never said any such thing. Learn to read.
What is your major malfunction, inability to read English or inability to read a calendar?

Sunday August 28th: having packed for several hours, found a place to park one vehicle and lost the cat, the redhead and Sophie and I set out on the highway to get out of town. Millions of cars sitting on the contraflowed I-10. Seven hours to get 180 miles away, where we still got hit and lost power. Now how could any of that happen if we weren't aware of Katrina until after that day????
:bang3: :bang3: :bang3: :bang3: :bang3:

Last edited:
It's assholes like yourself that blame Americans for their own deaths due to the failings of the government.

Same assholes that block aid to places affected by natural disasters.

You people are real shitholes.

Hold on here. Katrina was tracked for close to a week before it hit. I sat there and watched the news and the warnings, that was all anyone had to do was relay the information to the people. It's the individuals job to get the f*ck out of the way. What did you expect? Government moving companies to relocate the welfare people before a storm hit?

I think what we gained from Katrina was about 2,000 people that were too f*cking stupid to be in the gene pool got eliminated. Darwin awards all around.

In the end I would think something like Katrina would actually teach you people the government can't and won't be able to baby sit your dumb *ss in all situations. Sitting back and waiting for the government to take care of you means you will die. Anyone that thought that and died? Well we won't miss them.

It didn't hit Cat 4 status till 2 am Sunday morning you fucking moron.

CaféAuLait;6618933 said:
CaféAuLait;6618882 said:

26th August:

When Blanco declared emergency Katrina was headed to eastern Mississippi and it was a Cat 2

katrina-track-08-26-2005.jpg

No one will learn a damned thing from this storm if we all pretend like we would have known better.

CaféAuLait;6618933 said:

What is your major malfunction, inability to read English or inability to read a calendar?

Sunday August 28th: having packed for several hours, found a place to park one vehicle and lost the cat, the redhead and Sophie and I set out on the highway to get out of town. Millions of cars sitting on the contraflowed I-10. Seven hours to get 180 miles away, where we still got hit and lost power. Now how could any of that happen if we weren't aware of Katrina until after that day????

Seven hours actually isn't that bad. I've got a cousin who took 18 hours to get out for one of the storms.

I guess all the haters who are so much smarter than the rest of us think you just pack up the car and take a nice vacation to Gatlinburg when a storm comes.

CaféAuLait;6618933 said:

This did not just happen only to you, and I recall as many details too since we were trying to get our daughter out and know what was happening. The first state of emergency was put out the 26th and they were speaking of how bad it could get days prior. Blanco said she was over prepared on the 27th and had been preparing for days, so much so she said she was able to "BRAG" <exact quote> about it. If you read the links you might remember too, yet you say you refuse to do so. Have a good night.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;6618990 said:
CaféAuLait;6618933 said:
You are making a LOT of assumptions. I could give a rat&#8217;s ass if she or Nagin were a dem or a republican. You have no clue about what my experience was and if I or any of my family was there and why I might know a thing or two about what transpired. My child WAS there. They, Nagin and Blanco FAILED their state, period. As I said memory fails that is why I am trying to refresh your memory with links. You stated no one knew the path of the hurricane until after the 28th which is simply untrue, if that were the case a state of emergency would have never been issued on the 26th. Blanco would not have stated they were over prepared and felt she could &#8216;brag&#8217; about how prepared they were DAYS before the storm made landfall if they did not know the path.

This did not just happen only to you, and I recall as many details too since we were trying to get our daughter out and know what was happening. The first state of emergency was put out the 26th and they were speaking of how bad it could get days prior. Blanco said she was over prepared on the 27th and had been preparing for days, so much so she said she was able to BRAG about it. If you read the links you might remember too, yet you say you refuse to do so. Have a good night.

And did you give Blanco a call and inform her she wasn;'t prepared? I mean, you obviously could predict the future alot better than the rest of us. Although it was forecast that the eye would plow through eastern mississippi on the 26th and it was a cat 2 at the time, you obviously knew it was going to hit NOLA and would turn to a cat 5, beating NOAA to their forecast. Why didn't you warn the rest of us?

CaféAuLait;6618990 said:

This did not just happen only to you, and I recall as many details too since we were trying to get our daughter out and know what was happening. The first state of emergency was put out the 26th and they were speaking of how bad it could get days prior. Blanco said she was over prepared on the 27th and had been preparing for days, so much so she said she was able to BRAG about it. If you read the links you might remember too, yet you say you refuse to do so. Have a good night.

And did you give Blanco a call and inform her she wasn;'t prepared? I mean, you obviously could predict the future alot better than the rest of us. Although it was forecast that the eye would plow through eastern mississippi on the 26th and it was a cat 2 at the time, you obviously knew it was going to hit NOLA and would turn to a cat 5, beating NOAA to their forecast. Why didn't you warn the rest of us?

I beat NOAA to the forecast, eh? Why did Blanco declare the first state of emergency on the 26th? Why did she say on the 27th they were prepared and was able to brag?

"I believe we are prepared," she said in Jefferson Parish on Aug. 27. "That's the one thing that I've always been able to brag about."

I was following the news to get my daughter out, Nagin and Blanco dropped the ball.

CaféAuLait;6618933 said:

Seven hours actually isn't that bad. I've got a cousin who took 18 hours to get out for one of the storms.

I guess all the haters who are so much smarter than the rest of us think you just pack up the car and take a nice vacation to Gatlinburg when a storm comes.

:clap2: Wayat, Papadoo :D

Thanks for posting that map. At least we remember.

True, I could have added that I had a smoother experience than many, and that I was lucky enough to be mobile enough to get out and take somebody who wasn't mobile with me. And I could have added that getting out of the path of a hurricane requires the time of a considerable traverse of real estate, even without traffic. My krewe went to Natchez, normally a 3-hour trip.

It's amazing how many zombies want to live vicariously through what links they can dig up over an eyewitness. Now that there are two of us, watch 'em double down with something from Drudge. :badgrin:

We lost our power in Natchez but I had brought a battery radio and stayed up all night Monday night to follow events on WWL. They were taking calls from the area. One guy described rising waters in his house and said he could hear his neighbor calling for help as the water rose. That was the beginning of what we know what came next.

CaféAuLait;6618998 said:
CaféAuLait;6618990 said:

I beat NOAA to the forecast, eh? Why did Blanco declare the first state of emergency on the 26th? Why did she say on the 27th they were prepared and was able to brag?

"I believe we are prepared," she said in Jefferson Parish on Aug. 27. "That's the one thing that I've always been able to brag about."

I was following the news to get my daughter out, Nagin and Blanco dropped the ball.

Well, just as predicted, here it comes.

States of emergency are not uncommon in hurricane zones. Governors declare them as a preparedness step -- that is, when it looks likely that something might happen. A state of emergency is not the same thing as an evacuation order. That comes later.

I specifically remember Ray Nagin on TV, before I left, Saturday, telling people to leave. "This is the big one we always feared" or words to that effect. Whether Blanco made the same speech, I'm sure as a higher official she did but I didn't watch that --though I didn't need to be told twice; I had prep to do.

But do go on, school us all from two thousand miles away on the details of an event we were in the middle of. Set phasers on "arrogant".

CaféAuLait;6618998 said:

States of emergency are not uncommon in hurricane zones. Governors declare them as a preparedness step -- that is, when it looks likely that something might happen. A state of emergency is not the same thing as an evacuation order. That comes later.

I specifically remember Ray Nagin on TV, before I left, Saturday, telling people to leave. "This is the big one we always feared" or words to that effect. Whether Blanco made the same speech, I'm sure as a higher official she did but I didn't watch that --though I didn't need to be told twice; I had prep to do.

But do go on, school us all from two thousand miles away on the details of an event we were in the middle of. Set phasers on "arrogant".

( empahsis added)

You got that right, you are "arrogant", and why do you think my daughter was there? Do you even think that we possibly may have lived there and had just moved and she was there for a reason, such as college? Could it be we have plenty of experience with hurricanes in the region, and elsewhere which is plagued with storms like Cuba? You make a lot of assumptions, please continue to do so, you are very good at it.

CaféAuLait;6619025 said:
CaféAuLait;6618998 said:

( empahsis added)

You got that right, you are "arrogant", and why do you think my daughter was there? Do you even think that we possibly may have lived there and had just moved and she was there for a reason, such as college? Could it be we have plenty of experience with hurricanes in the region, and elsewhere which is plagued with storms like Cuba? You make a lot of assumptions, please continue to do so, you are very good at it.

I don't need "assumptions". I have these things we call "experiences".

Obviously you were not here, or you wouldn't be as clueless about this event as you've shown. Maybe you should bring your daughter in for more enlightened opinions.
In any case the mindless myth that the Gulf Coast had "plenty of time to react" is slain, and we who were actually there and know what we're talking about will see that it stays that way.

Last edited:
Why does EVERYTHING have to be about politics and "sides" now? Storms, shootings, cigarettes, sweet drinks, calories in school lunches, private property.. Notice how every single one of these issues involve LIBERALS sticking their nose in to something that is NONE of their business? Leftists are HELLBENT on destroying liberty.. They see their chance and they're taking it to fundamentally change America in to a Socialist SHITPILE.

CaféAuLait;6619025 said:

( empahsis added)

Obviously you were not here, or you wouldn't be as clueless about this event as you've shown. Maybe you should bring your daughter in for more enlightened opinions.
In any case this mindless myth that the Gulf Coast had "plenty of time" to react has been slain, and we who were actually there and know what we're talking about will see that it stays that way.

You have assumed a lot. You assumed I do not know about hurricane’s as you try and school me above on why states of emergency are issued, you assumed I did not have family and friends there I was in communication with many times a days preceding the storm.

You assume my only form of information is links today. You refer to me as a “zombie living vicariously through links” you assumed I did not know a lot. I not only followed the news I was in conversation in great detail with those friends and family before the storm hit.

I lost people I loved. I have every right to be angry at the slow response by Nagin and Blanco. I have my memories of the events just as you do too. I recall wondering if I would ever get her out in time. I recall many things to include the pain of those very dark days, I recall not even being able to drive through Vernon Parish because so many people were relocated up there. I recall the anger as I realized that many things could have been done differently.

CaféAuLait;6619025 said:

( empahsis added)

In any case the mindless myth that the Gulf Coast had "plenty of time to react" is slain, and we who were actually there and know what we're talking about will see that it stays that way.

You're a troll.. a new one but none the less a troll. You don't tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do regarding their children. BUTT OUT and worry about yourself Zombie.

Forum List

Back