The Bifurcation of the American Electorate

You people always confuse education with intelligence.
They also mistake having letters after your name with wisdom, which is in fact reversed.

Give me a 20-year tradesman with actual dirt under his fingernails, over one of these "educated" pencil necks, who've never had an honest job in their lives.

Almost everytime a democrat claims something it's a lie.

CaptainObvious.png

How the Diploma Divide Is Remaking American Politics

Education is at the heart of this country’s many divisions.

Blue America is an increasingly wealthy and well-educated place.
Throughout the second half of the 20th century, Americans without college degrees were more likely than university graduates to vote Democratic. But that gap began narrowing in the late 1960s before finally flipping in 2004...
A more educated Democratic coalition is, naturally, a more affluent one. In every presidential election from 1948 to 2012, white voters in the top 5 percent of America’s income distribution were more Republican than those in the bottom 95 percent. Now, the opposite is true: Among America’s white majority, the rich voted to the left of the middle class and the poor in 2016 and 2020, while the poor voted to the right of the middle class and the rich.
There are worse things for a political coalition to be than affluent or educated. Professionals vote and donate at higher rates than blue-collar workers. But college graduates also comprise a minority of the electorate — and an underrepresented minority at that. America’s electoral institutions all give disproportionate influence to parts of the country with low levels of educational attainment.
And this is especially true of the Senate. Therefore, if the coalitional trends of the past half-century continue unabated — and Democrats keep gaining college-educated votes at the expense of working-class ones — the party will find itself locked out of federal power. Put differently, such a development would put an increasingly authoritarian GOP on the glide path to political dominance...
Education polarization is not merely an American phenomenon; it is a defining feature of contemporary politics in nearly every western democracy. It is therefore unlikely that our nation’s white-supremacist history can fully explain the development. And though center-left parties throughout the West have shared some common failings, these inadequacies cannot tell us why many working-class voters have not merely dropped out of politics but rather begun voting for parties even more indifferent to their material interests.
... [E]ducation polarization cannot be understood without a recognition of the values divide between educated professionals and working people in the aggregate. That divide is rooted in each class’s disparate ways of life, economic imperatives, socialization experiences, and levels of material security. By itself, the emergence of this gap might not have been sufficient to trigger class dealignment, but its adverse political implications have been greatly exacerbated by the past half-century of inequitable growth, civic decline, and media fragmentation...
Across national boundaries and generations, voters with college degrees have been more likely than those without to support legal abortion, LGBTQ+ causes, the rights of racial minorities, and expansive immigration. They are also more likely to hold “post-material” policy priorities — which is to say, to prioritize issues concerning individual autonomy, cultural values, and big-picture social goals above those concerning one’s immediate material and physical security. This penchant is perhaps best illustrated by the highly educated’s distinctively strong support for environmental causes, even in cases when ecological preservation comes at a cost to economic growth...
The Republican Party's abandonment of its libertarian proclivities and embrace of authoritarianism is attracting the less-educated.

What can the Democratic Party do to win them back?
I'll give you a free clue:

Get the fuck over yourself, fucking snob.

Education polarization is not merely an American phenomenon; it is a defining feature of contemporary politics in nearly every western democracy. It is therefore unlikely that our nation’s white-supremacist history can fully explain the development. And though center-left parties throughout the West have shared some common failings, these inadequacies cannot tell us why many working-class voters have not merely dropped out of politics but rather begun voting for parties even more indifferent to their material interests.

1. Teh US, has had a bi-partisan consensus of supporting equality for blacks since the mid 60s. Denying this is evil and stupid.

2. The Left has been losing working class voters, because their policies suck ass, and can only be supported by massive indoctrination.

3. Which occurries in education. The more education, or "education" the more indoctrination.

Which attitude actually represents that of a well-educated, intelligent person

A) -- I am an individual, and I base my vote on my ideals and understanding of our constitution

or

B) I am a warrior for my team and so GO TEAM!!

???

That's what the article says, but apparently this issue is controversial. Here's a tally done in a College study:
View attachment 712869
There are a lot of factors that can cause this. Examples, Republicans are older and older people are richer than young people. More whites are republicans and whites make more money than other races. A lot of possibilities but what we know is that many say Republicans are richer.
Older Americans, especially older White Americans, are considerably wealthier than younger Americans, no doubt.

These Are the 10 Wealthiest States in the U.S.

1. Maryland
  2. Massachusetts
  3. New Jersey
  4. New Hampshire
  5. California
  6. Hawaii
  7. Washington
  8. Connecticut
  9. Colorado
  10. Virginia

The 10 Poorest States In The United States For 2022

1. Mississippi
  2. New Mexico
  3. Louisiana
  4. West Virginia
  5. Alabama
  6. Kentucky
  7. Arkansas
  8. South Carolina
  9. Michigan
  10. Tennessee

The 10 Most Educated States

1. Massachusetts
  2. Colorado
  3. Minnesota
  4. Maryland
  5. New Jersey
  6. Virginia
  7. Connecticut
  8. New Hampshire
  9. Vermont
  10. Washington

Least Educated States in America Ranked in 2022

1. West Virginia
  2. Mississippi
  3. Louisiana
  4. Arkansas
  5. Alabama
  6. Kentucky
  7. Oklahoma
  8. Nevada
  9. New Mexico
  10. Tennessee

The Democratic demographic challenge is to continue to appeal to better-educated, younger Americans (increasingly independent) Americans, and to again attract the support of less-educated Americans.

Personally, I'd like to see it go more libertarian in contrast to the Republican Party's increasing authoritarianism

Are black people suddenly the Rhodes scholars of society these days?

They vote for Democrats over 90% of the time.
The Democratic Party far better reflects the nation's racial diversity, it's true, but the GOP is working on it.

1. Teh US, has had a bi-partisan consensus of supporting equality for blacks since the mid 60s. Denying this is evil and stupid.

2. The Left has been losing working class voters, because their policies suck ass, and can only be supported by massive indoctrination.

3. Which occurries in education. The more education, or "education" the more indoctrination.
Black Americans are fully capable of assessing the relative merits of the Parties.

Anti-intellectualism is nothing new.

Older Americans, especially older White Americans, are considerably wealthier than younger Americans, no doubt.

These Are the 10 Wealthiest States in the U.S.

1. Maryland
  2. Massachusetts
  3. New Jersey
  4. New Hampshire
  5. California
  6. Hawaii
  7. Washington
  8. Connecticut
  9. Colorado
  10. Virginia

The 10 Poorest States In The United States For 2022

1. Mississippi
  2. New Mexico
  3. Louisiana
  4. West Virginia
  5. Alabama
  6. Kentucky
  7. Arkansas
  8. South Carolina
  9. Michigan
  10. Tennessee

The 10 Most Educated States

1. Massachusetts
  2. Colorado
  3. Minnesota
  4. Maryland
  5. New Jersey
  6. Virginia
  7. Connecticut
  8. New Hampshire
  9. Vermont
  10. Washington

Least Educated States in America Ranked in 2022

1. West Virginia
  2. Mississippi
  3. Louisiana
  4. Arkansas
  5. Alabama
  6. Kentucky
  7. Oklahoma
  8. Nevada
  9. New Mexico
  10. Tennessee

The Democratic demographic challenge is to continue to appeal to better-educated, younger Americans (increasingly independent) Americans, and to again attract the support of less-educated Americans.

Personally, I'd like to see it go more libertarian in contrast to the Republican Party's increasing authoritarianism
There so much info missing from your data that the lists could be very misleading.

For example w/ wealth and party affiliation the question can come up as to who are richer, republicans or democrats? The list of 10 wealthiest states does not say if we're talking about the total wealth in the state or are we talking about the median income for the population.

Same w/ 10 most educated states. A state can't be educated, but rather it's the people who live there who get the education. Then we get into the kind of education --someone who gets a bachelor of science in engineering has to do a lot more work than someone w/ a liberal arts in community service. Women study the humanities and men study business and engineering (from here). Men vote republican and women vote democratic (from here).

There so much info missing from your data that the lists could be very misleading.

For example w/ wealth and party affiliation the question can come up as to who are richer, republicans or democrats? The list of 10 wealthiest states does not say if we're talking about the total wealth in the state or are we talking about the median income for the population.

Same w/ 10 most educated states. A state can't be educated, but rather it's the people who live there who get the education. Then we get into the kind of education --someone who gets a bachelor of science in engineering has to do a lot more work than someone w/ a liberal arts in community service. Women study the humanities and men study business and engineering (from here). Men vote republican and women vote democratic (from here).
I have a science degree.

In my first term, I took science classes exclusively, and the 18 credits overwhelmed me. After that, I made sure to sprinkle in more humanities classes to lessen the burden.

Black Americans are fully capable of assessing the relative merits of the Parties.

Anti-intellectualism is nothing new.

I said nothing of blacks.

And being willing to point out the political corruption of the education industry, is not the same as "anti-intellectualism".

Indeed, wanting higher education to focus on EDUCATION, instead of POLITICS, by the actual definitions of the words, would be more PRO-INTELLECTUALISM.

I have a science degree.

In my first term, I took science classes exclusively, and the 18 credits overwhelmed me. After that, I made sure to sprinkle in more humanities classes to lessen the burden.
Way back when I was switching my major from liberal arts to engineering, I considered getting a bachelor of arts in physical science, but instead I took the hard route to engineering because I knew the pay would be better.

All my general ed classes were done so I took four years of just degree classes in engineering. It was hard work.

Forum List

Back