The Biden BOOM is here, Best First 100 days Stock Market.

You must be math challenged. Average gas prices in LA county are at $3.99 a gallon, up $1.05 cents over a year ago.
No; you are, according to actual facts....You are not only math challenged but possibly time challenged as well...

"According to the AAA, the average price of gas in L.A. County has increased 44.2 cents in the past 46 days, including seven-tenths of a cent on Friday. Average gas prices are 5.4 cents more than one week ago and 25.8 cents greater than one year ago."

"Gasoline prices in California reached a 14-month high in the week ending March 1, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration. A gallon of regular gas cost an average of $3.56, up 11 cents in seven days and 92 cents higher than the pandemic low of $2.64 last May.

Gas prices in SoCal climb to highest amount since 2019"

Maybe you were buying more expensive gas a year ago? That means you're a sucker as well.
You're fucked in the head, con. :cuckoo:

You said gas prices have doubled since Biden. Then you post that which shows they're nowhere near double.

And since Biden's been president, the national average for a gallon of regular gas went from $2.39 to $2.89. You literally called a 0.50¢ increase "double" when double would actually be a $2.39 increase.

And then you called someone trying to educate you, "math challenged." Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Screenshot_20210427-230414_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210427-230242_Samsung Internet.jpg

You can call it whatever you want. Do you explain medicine to doctors and race car driving to NASCAR drivers too? Is there anything you don't know?

I always find finance and economics interesting where people who have no knowledge at all know everything! Except you don't know anything. You don't even know that.

I'll leave you with one simple thought though on your point of why stocks react more to current than future events. I owe you $10. Do you want it if you have a choice today or in one year? Why? Emotions? Is that the only reason? You want the $10 today because it makes you happy?

LOL. Now can you explain quantum physics?
I never said stocks react MORE to current than future events that's all YOU. Quantum physics has nothing do to with this thread and, that you find economics 'interesting' is of no interest to me or anyone else here.

Give some examples of current events that change stock prices but don't affect stock values?

You do realize that stock prices, and stock values, are two different things, right? Warren Buffet made a literally fortune understanding that reality. Maybe you don't know as much as you think.

You said that like it contradicted what I said, LOL. Your argument particularly made no sense since I argued current events DO affect stock prices where as your leftist hero said they don't. At no point did I say ANYTHING about anything NOT affecting prices, everything I said was they do.

You really aren't very smart in general. You don't know finance and couldn't read the discussion. Both of those fail to you picked a username that is on the other side of your love of big government

Look you little twit. You asked when did current events affect stock price and not stock value. Well, hell, that happens all the time. Can you give an example. I mean I could fill the page with examples, but I am interested to see if you can. Honestly, I would like to buy you for what you are worth and sell you for what you think you are worth. I could retire.

Look you big twit, so name them. Name current events that change stock prices and don't affect stock values.

And your example is you could "fill the page" with examples, yet you continued to not name one.

So now we are up to three leftists who know NOTHING about our financial markets and yet won't shut up about them, exactly what I was mocking you morons for.

So you're another ass who explains medicine to doctors apparently. Knowing what you don't know is as important as knowing what you do. And one thing you don't know is finance

OK, you couldn't name a current event that affected the price but not the value. Instead of listing a page, I will provide examples. You tell me if they affect the value.

1. Biden announces plans to increase the capital gains rate.

2. The Department of Labor releases an unexpected increase in the unemployment rate

3. Riots in several US cities result in property damage to federal buildings.

4. The Fed announces a change of position and leans toward increasing the discount rate

5. Gold plunges in value when a huge new deposit is announced in South Africa

6. The ten year Treasury increases in yield significantly after an increase in demand

Wow, you know nothing about finance.

Just looking at the first one. Increasing directly on taxes on stocks doesn't reduce their value. You seriously just said that. I mean wow. So income taxes don't reduce the value of your salary. You're so stupid it's funny.

No wonder you called yourself Winston when you're on the side of big government

Long term memory problems? I made fun of another poster who knows nothing about stocks and claimed that prices are set with emotions. He was wrong and you came in and agreed they are set by emotions. Since then, every post from you has gone another random direction
To be honest, you brought up Quantum Physics and John Lennon which is pretty random in relation to the OP.

Um ... the OP is about the stock market and I pointed out you know nothing about the stock market. Actually you pointed out you know nothing about the stock market since I didn't even say it to you and you supported the statement that emotion drives stock prices.

I can't help you if you don't understand the discussion. Maybe you can show someone smarter than you the discussion and they can explain it to you. Someone smarter than you being pretty much anyone
You are one insulting SOB. I don’t believe I insulted you. One would think that if you’re so fucking smart you could convey your opinions without insulting people apparently you can’t.

Since you've chosen to ally yourself with fascists who call everyone racists for every issue, my heart is breaking for you

A child could understand this.

Which is why liberals have difficulty.
Remember when Obama said we couldn't drill our way to lower prices?

Have you ever heard anyone make a dumber claim about oil?
Because it's a global market, silly, and we are just a small part of that market.

The person you replied to only posted the first part of what Obama said.

His next sentence was “If we are serious about our energy problems we have to do more than drill”

Oil isn’t our only form of energy. Obama was right, we need to do more than just drill.

We need to develop all of our energy resources. Not just oil.

The stock market is not the economy. It goes up, it goes down. It's very emotional.

I wouldn't hang my hat on where it is on any given day.

LOL, yeah, stocks are emotional? Thanks for that insight. You never get truth like that unless you go to someone completely ignorant and arrogant as hell that they can speak for something they know nothing about and have no experience in.

Here you go in anticipation if your witty reply ..

:itsok:
My goodness, you are easy to trigger.

It's my profession. 21 years. You're just a Trumpster. < flick >

The person you replied to was only projecting themselves and their lack of intelligence and experience of economic principles and our stock market on you.

It’s typical conservative behavior.

The stock market is not the economy. It goes up, it goes down. It's very emotional.

I wouldn't hang my hat on where it is on any given day.

LOL, yeah, stocks are emotional? Thanks for that insight. You never get truth like that unless you go to someone completely ignorant and arrogant as hell that they can speak for something they know nothing about and have no experience in.

Here you go in anticipation if your witty reply ..

:itsok:
My goodness, you are easy to trigger.

It's my profession. 21 years. You're just a Trumpster. < flick >

The person you replied to was only projecting themselves and their lack of intelligence and experience of economic principles and our stock market on you.

It’s typical conservative behavior.

Yes, leftists listen to the experts on economics, leftist lawyers. LOL. Stupid is as stupid does

A child could understand this.

Which is why liberals have difficulty.
Remember when Obama said we couldn't drill our way to lower prices?

Have you ever heard anyone make a dumber claim about oil?
Because it's a global market, silly, and we are just a small part of that market.

The person you replied to only posted the first part of what Obama said.

His next sentence was “If we are serious about our energy problems we have to do more than drill”

Oil isn’t our only form of energy. Obama was right, we need to do more than just drill.

We need to develop all of our energy resources. Not just oil.

He sure was awesome!!!!

So what did he do to encourage drilling? Be specific.

America is getting its swagga back.
Thanks to Biden and his economic and covid wins.

The stock market has gained more under Biden than any other ever, in the first 100 days.

This is just the beginning of the biggest economic run our country has ever had, and Biden is doing an incredible job considering what he inherited.

This is what MAGA is.

He "inherited" an economy that was coming off a pandemic induced bottom and was already super charged on profligate fiscal stimulus, all Uncle Joe has done is throw another mountain of borrowed money at it.

My dog could have accomplished as much.

You hyper-partisan robots are oh so predictable.
Where is the stock market depression that the former president promised?

The libs didn't give Trump credit for his economy for three years...it was still Obama's in their fucked up heads...but now in less than half a year its Joe's economy?????....I don't think so...when it crashes then it will be Joe's...and the crash is coming...and you all had better be ready for it....don't let it take you by surprise like in 08 after Pelosi and Reid killed it.....
GWB killed it starting 07' loser.

The libs didn't give Trump credit for his economy for three years...it was still Obama's in their fucked up heads...but now in less than half a year its Joe's economy?????....I don't think so...when it crashes then it will be Joe's...and the crash is coming...and you all had better be ready for it....don't let it take you by surprise like in 08 after Pelosi and Reid killed it.....
Bush was a coward...an old school get along with them RINO....the master minds of the 08 collapse are Pelosi Reid and Schumer....forced banks to lend to unqualified folks and bad loans went belly up and banks were caught in the middle....they could not sell these bad loans to anyone...that affected the market and it collapsed....its coming again...hope you are ready...

Bush was a coward...an old school get along with them RINO....the master minds of the 08 collapse are Pelosi Reid and Schumer....forced banks to lend to unqualified folks and bad loans went belly up and banks were caught in the middle....they could not sell these bad loans to anyone...that affected the market and it collapsed....its coming again...hope you are ready...

Stop with the lies wanker.

1619629142941.png

View attachment 484876
What lies?...the invisible ones you charged Trump with?....

View attachment 484876

Was he Impeached twice?

Yes, yes he was.

America is getting its swagga back.
Thanks to Biden and his economic and covid wins.

The stock market has gained more under Biden than any other ever, in the first 100 days.

This is just the beginning of the biggest economic run our country has ever had, and Biden is doing an incredible job considering what he inherited.

This is what MAGA is.

He "inherited" an economy that was coming off a pandemic induced bottom and was already super charged on profligate fiscal stimulus, all Uncle Joe has done is throw another mountain of borrowed money at it.

My dog could have accomplished as much.

You hyper-partisan robots are oh so predictable.
Where is the stock market depression that the former president promised?

What the heck does some BS that Daffy Don "promised" have to do with what I posted?

Pull your noggin out of Donny's ass, he's out of office, good riddance.

the way he pumps out Covid relief plan, wait until we see the first REAL taxes hike :rolleyes:

View attachment 484876

Was he Impeached twice?

Yes, yes he was.

Yes, Trump was impeached twice. It was part of the fascist Democrats Nazification of America. That continues today as they sends the SS in for Giuliani

View attachment 484876

Was he Impeached twice?

Yes, yes he was.

Yes, Trump was impeached twice. It was part of the fascist Democrats Nazification of America. That continues today as they sends the SS in for Giuliani
Is there a chance that comparisons to Hitlers Germany are somehow relevant here?

No.

View attachment 484876

Was he Impeached twice?

Yes, yes he was.

Is there a chance that comparisons to Hitlers Germany are somehow relevant here?

No.
Really?...conform or else?...wake up....

No.

Something you never said to any Democrat ever, LOL.

And yes. Democrats have turned to threats, intimidation and violence to silence your opposition and are just stealing elections. You are fascists, the real thing

You can call it whatever you want. Do you explain medicine to doctors and race car driving to NASCAR drivers too? Is there anything you don't know?

I always find finance and economics interesting where people who have no knowledge at all know everything! Except you don't know anything. You don't even know that.

I'll leave you with one simple thought though on your point of why stocks react more to current than future events. I owe you $10. Do you want it if you have a choice today or in one year? Why? Emotions? Is that the only reason? You want the $10 today because it makes you happy?

LOL. Now can you explain quantum physics?
I never said stocks react MORE to current than future events that's all YOU. Quantum physics has nothing do to with this thread and, that you find economics 'interesting' is of no interest to me or anyone else here.

Give some examples of current events that change stock prices but don't affect stock values?

You do realize that stock prices, and stock values, are two different things, right? Warren Buffet made a literally fortune understanding that reality. Maybe you don't know as much as you think.

You said that like it contradicted what I said, LOL. Your argument particularly made no sense since I argued current events DO affect stock prices where as your leftist hero said they don't. At no point did I say ANYTHING about anything NOT affecting prices, everything I said was they do.

You really aren't very smart in general. You don't know finance and couldn't read the discussion. Both of those fail to you picked a username that is on the other side of your love of big government

Look you little twit. You asked when did current events affect stock price and not stock value. Well, hell, that happens all the time. Can you give an example. I mean I could fill the page with examples, but I am interested to see if you can. Honestly, I would like to buy you for what you are worth and sell you for what you think you are worth. I could retire.

Look you big twit, so name them. Name current events that change stock prices and don't affect stock values.

And your example is you could "fill the page" with examples, yet you continued to not name one.

So now we are up to three leftists who know NOTHING about our financial markets and yet won't shut up about them, exactly what I was mocking you morons for.

So you're another ass who explains medicine to doctors apparently. Knowing what you don't know is as important as knowing what you do. And one thing you don't know is finance

OK, you couldn't name a current event that affected the price but not the value. Instead of listing a page, I will provide examples. You tell me if they affect the value.

1. Biden announces plans to increase the capital gains rate.

2. The Department of Labor releases an unexpected increase in the unemployment rate

3. Riots in several US cities result in property damage to federal buildings.

4. The Fed announces a change of position and leans toward increasing the discount rate

5. Gold plunges in value when a huge new deposit is announced in South Africa

6. The ten year Treasury increases in yield significantly after an increase in demand

Wow, you know nothing about finance.

Just looking at the first one. Increasing directly on taxes on stocks doesn't reduce their value. You seriously just said that. I mean wow. So income taxes don't reduce the value of your salary. You're so stupid it's funny.

No wonder you called yourself Winston when you're on the side of big government

Can you pay attention. I listed six things, I asked you to determine which of them actually affected the value of a stock. You didn't even read the first one right. Biden announces PLANS. Actually the first one was a very simple example of exactly what your discussion concerned. The price of stocks would probably fall, but the value of the stocks would not change, if plans for a tax increase were ANNOUNCED.

And then your rant reveals your ignorance concerning finance, especially when it comes to stock valuation. In fact, it is kind of like the paycheck thing you were talking about. When you apply to a job, or for a promotion, does the company describe the pay in after tax dollars? Do they pay a single person more than a married person in order to keep the take home pay equal? If pay was expressed in after tax dollars what would that imply about equal pay for equal work? Pay is the "value" of the work, and taxes vary from person to person.

The same holds true for stocks. Rather it is the dividend discount model or comparable company analysis, the capital gains rate never even fits into the equations or analysis. The "value" of the stock is independent of the tax placed on the gains when sold. The price could be affected, but not the value.

I use the discounted cash flow model, and supplement it with comparable company analysis. Both the DCF and the DDM incorporate an important number, with that hint I now ask you to point to the one item out of the six I listed that actually affects the value of a stock.

I mean this is some really basic stuff, like BUSI 102 level. But you have already revealed that you have absolutely zero financial education. You might be able to balance a checkbook, but that is about the extent of your financial expertise.

Hell, I will help you out. Only one of the six things listed would actually change the value of stocks.

Forum List

Back