The Ainu...Black Japanese

"Genetic testing has shown them to belong mainly to Y-haplogroup D-M55.[50] Y-DNA haplogroup D2 is found frequently throughout the Japanese Archipelago including Okinawa. The only places outside of Japan in which Y-haplogroup D is common are Tibet and the Andaman Islands in the Indian Ocean."

Like I said- doesn't appear to have much if any genetic relationship to modern Africans.

Dark skin pigmentation has evolved independently in multiple human populations.
No. It didnt evolve independently. People migrated out of africa with dark skin already evolved. Black skin has been around before homo sapiens appeared to the tune of 1.2 - 1.8 million years. The people that first colonized the globe were Black people. What you see in the pictures are descendants of those Black people.

From what we know now, the leading theory is that the first humans were dark skinned.

As humans migrated out of Africa, they in many places evolved to have lighter skin, and then subsequently as humans migrated more, evolved to have dark skin again.

We are all descendents of 'black people' but we are not all descendents of modern Africans.

Not that any of this is really that relevant- ultimately we are all human- though it is fascinating to see how humans evolve.

I attended a lecture on the subject by this author
Colloquium Paper Human skin pigmentation as an adaptation to UV radiation

Depigmented and tannable skin evolved numerous times in hominin evolution via independent genetic pathways under positive selection.

"Genetic testing has shown them to belong mainly to Y-haplogroup D-M55.[50] Y-DNA haplogroup D2 is found frequently throughout the Japanese Archipelago including Okinawa. The only places outside of Japan in which Y-haplogroup D is common are Tibet and the Andaman Islands in the Indian Ocean."

Like I said- doesn't appear to have much if any genetic relationship to modern Africans.

No. It didnt evolve independently. People migrated out of africa with dark skin already evolved. Black skin has been around before homo sapiens appeared to the tune of 1.2 - 1.8 million years. The people that first colonized the globe were Black people. What you see in the pictures are descendants of those Black people.

From what we know now, the leading theory is that the first humans were dark skinned.

As humans migrated out of Africa, they in many places evolved to have lighter skin, and then subsequently as humans migrated more, evolved to have dark skin again.

We are all descendents of 'black people' but we are not all descendents of modern Africans.

Not that any of this is really that relevant- ultimately we are all human- though it is fascinating to see how humans evolve.

Depigmented and tannable skin evolved numerous times in hominin evolution via independent genetic pathways under positive selection.
I used to think that until I found out different in 2014. White/Light skin is pretty new. It started out 10K years ago and it wasnt until 7K years ago it appeared in Europe. These Black people had long before colonized all parts of the globe.

"Light skin in Europeans stems from a gene mutation from a single person who lived 10,000 years ago.

This is according to a new U.S. study that claims the colour is due to an ancient ancestor who lived somewhere between the Middle East and the Indian subcontinent.

Scientists made the discovery after identifying a key gene that contributes to lighter skin colour in Europeans.

Read more: Light skin in Europeans stems from ONE 10 000-year-old ancestor who lived between India and the Middle East claims study Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook"

I used to think that until I found out different in 2014. White/Light skin is pretty new. It started out 10K years ago and it wasnt until 7K years ago it appeared in Europe. These Black people had long before colonized all parts of the globe.

"Light skin in Europeans stems from a gene mutation from a single person who lived 10,000 years ago.

This is according to a new U.S. study that claims the colour is due to an ancient ancestor who lived somewhere between the Middle East and the Indian subcontinent.

Scientists made the discovery after identifying a key gene that contributes to lighter skin colour in Europeans.

Read more: Light skin in Europeans stems from ONE 10 000-year-old ancestor who lived between India and the Middle East claims study Daily Mail Online

Hmmm well you cite the Daily Mail- I cite a published scientific paper.
Read the paper.

Read the paper.

I know. thats where I got my previous position. Never quite made sense time wise and because of the flaws like the light skinned Khoi-San people of south Africa. The link I gave you is from 2014. Yours is from 2010.

Read the paper.

I know. thats where I got my previous position. Never quite made sense time wise and because of the flaws like the light skinned Khoi-San people of south Africa. The link I gave you is from 2014. Yours is from 2010.

The Khoi San people are lighter skin- probably darker than the Ainu.

upload_2015-2-4_13-51-32.jpeg

I think you are misreading the Mail article

to lighter skin colour in Europeans.

Europeans are not the only ones with 'light skin'

‘The combining of segments occurred after the ancestors of East Asians and Europeans split geographically more than 50,000 years ago; the A111T mutation occurred afterward.’

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Read the paper.

The Khoi San people are lighter skin- probably darker than the Ainu.

View attachment 36494

I think you are misreading the Mail article

to lighter skin colour in Europeans.

Europeans are not the only ones with 'light skin'

‘The combining of segments occurred after the ancestors of East Asians and Europeans split geographically more than 50,000 years ago; the A111T mutation occurred afterward.’

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Of course the Europeans are not the only ones that have light skin. Just like they are not the only ones to have blue eyes, blond and red hair. I was simply pointing out that Black/dark skin was the skin type when homo sapiens ventured out of Africa.

Like most Africans the Khoi-San have a range. There are of course some darker individuals but there are also very light individuals. That color range is reflected in the Ainu as well.

tumblr_lys1jjlVZY1r4cwb5o2_400.jpg

tumblr_mbu9khYEkB1roafx4o1_500.jpg

Nah, there was a niggah slipped behind multiple human woodpiles.

That's funny, they always appeared to be light skinned Asians to me.

Ainu people - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
From your link.

You're going to have to go much further back to link people in Asia with Africa.
What do you mean? You cant go back much further than the Andaman Islanders.

jarawa460_1661040c.jpg

He is referring to the mongoloid people of Asia. I for one find it Fascinating that there are still pockets of black people across southern Asia. They were the original inhabitants in the regions. It is a wonder they are still there considering the population differential between them and the mongoloid peoples, their DNA should have been swamped centuries ago as happened in the rest of Southern Asia,

I am aware of the recent DNA studies of the Ainu, but as I understand it their origin has not been conclusively established . It would be interesting to see what degree of Neanderthal DNA they have. Caucasians have there things in common, the Nose , the hair and Neanderthal DNA: ainu people - Bing Images

That's funny, they always appeared to be light skinned Asians to me.

Ainu people - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
From your link.

You're going to have to go much further back to link people in Asia with Africa.
What do you mean? You cant go back much further than the Andaman Islanders.

jarawa460_1661040c.jpg

He is referring to the mongoloid people of Asia. I for one find it Fascinating that there are still pockets of black people across southern Asia. They were the original inhabitants in the regions. It is a wonder they are still there considering the population differential between them and the mongoloid peoples, their DNA should have been swamped centuries ago as happened in the rest of Southern Asia,

I am aware of the recent DNA studies of the Ainu, but as I understand it their origin has not been conclusively established . It would be interesting to see what degree of Neanderthal DNA they have. Caucasians have there things in common, the Nose , the hair and Neanderthal DNA: ainu people - Bing Images
Its very possible they have Neanderthal or Denisovan genes. Only Africa escaped with very little admixture with other failed species of man.

Excellent citation, thank for posting it, the article was a good read. It really makes you think especially when you try to picture what the people looked like. It seems that Europe was a meeting ground for a lot of different groups of human beings.

Read the paper.

The Daily Mail cited this paper in their article:
Ancient European genomes reveal jumbled ancestry Nature News Comment

picture-of-an-ainu-elder-hokkaido-japan-1395.jpg

Prior to the Yayoi era, Japan was only inhabited by the Ainu from Siberia. The Ainu people have been marginalised by the Yayoi settlers from the Korean Peninsula since the 3rd century BC and most of them were culturally assimilated. But a genetic study showed that up to 40% of the mainland Japanese still harbour Ainu heritage and the proportions of their Ainu ancestry reach over 60% in Okinawa and the northernmost parts of Japan. Native Siberians are part West Eurasian and part East Eurasian, representing an ancient admixture between European and East Asian lineages, and the Ainu are genetically related to Uralic speaking populations in Siberia such as the Khanty and Mansi and there is no African haplogroup detected in their genetic makeup.

The Japanese people's Polynesian roots are also questionable and it was actually the other way around. Ancient North Eurasians with Haplogroup N migrated to the Japanese archipelago first around 20,000 years ago and they subsequently colonised Polynesian islands such as Guam and Hawaii, where Haplogroup N can be found at minor frequencies. As a result, the Hawaiian natives are genetically close to the Japanese and there is the thriving Japanese community in Hawaii.

NHOPI_3.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back