The 2024 Presidential Conflict Between Newsom and DeSantis Has Begun

Ron DeSantis is the new Republican Party leader

Republicans are ready to move on without Donald Trump

The biggest winner of the midterm elections was without a doubt Governor Ron DeSantis, whose landslide victory in the state of Florida was breathtaking.

The biggest loser? Donald Trump, whose handpicked loyalist candidates in a number of races struggled to beat vulnerable Democrats. Once again, the former president may have cost Republicans control of the Senate, in a year when it was theirs to lose.

Many will conclude, on the basis of the midterm 2022 results, that the Republican Party is ready to move on, without Donald Trump as its leader.

DeSantis scored a win in Florida that was one for the record books. In Miami-Dade County, a region which President Joe Biden won by 16 percentage points in 2020, the popular governor won easily. Not only was the margin of victory astounding in itself, it also reinforced an emerging reality: Hispanic voters may be shifting their long-term alliance to Republicans.

Comments:
Although I still love Trump's policies, DeSantis has clearly demonstrated that his performance is at least on par, and he can be successful with very controversial policies without being so abrasive.

Additionally, he has much stronger appeal to independents and is skillful at flipping districts which historically have been quite Blue.

He clearly has demonstrated that the Republican Party would tend to do better under his leadership than under Trump.

Ron DeSantis is the new Republican Party leader

Republicans are ready to move on without Donald Trump

The biggest winner of the midterm elections was without a doubt Governor Ron DeSantis, whose landslide victory in the state of Florida was breathtaking.

The biggest loser? Donald Trump, whose handpicked loyalist candidates in a number of races struggled to beat vulnerable Democrats. Once again, the former president may have cost Republicans control of the Senate, in a year when it was theirs to lose.

Many will conclude, on the basis of the midterm 2022 results, that the Republican Party is ready to move on, without Donald Trump as its leader.

DeSantis scored a win in Florida that was one for the record books. In Miami-Dade County, a region which President Joe Biden won by 16 percentage points in 2020, the popular governor won easily. Not only was the margin of victory astounding in itself, it also reinforced an emerging reality: Hispanic voters may be shifting their long-term alliance to Republicans.

Comments:
Although I still love Trump's policies, DeSantis has clearly demonstrated that his performance is at least on par, and he can be successful with very controversial policies without being so abrasive.

Additionally, he has much stronger appeal to independents and is skillful at flipping districts which historically have been quite Blue.

He clearly has demonstrated that the Republican Party would tend to do better under his leadership than under Trump.

Just because Gov. DeSantis is a party leader, doesn't mean that he intends to run for President in 2024.

If Trump doesn't have a path to victory, I can't see DeSantis having one.

Sleepy Joe got a mandate last night, and if $5 gas and 9% inflation, with people's retirements dissipating isn't enough to get them out of the Biden Cult, I don't know what DeSantis could tell them to get them on board.

Just because Gov. DeSantis is a party leader, doesn't mean that he intends to run for President in 2024.

If Trump doesn't have a path to victory, I can't see DeSantis having one.

Sleepy Joe got a mandate last night, and if $5 gas and 9% inflation, with people's retirements dissipating isn't enough to get them out of the Biden Cult, I don't know what DeSantis could tell them to get them on board.
Thanks, those are good points and thoughts.

I share your concern that half the population seems to think the terrible way things are going is acceptable.

There are big differences between Trump and DeSantis, in my eyes.

Trump has a very abrasive personality, and DeSantis is much better spoken. Trump makes everything about him, while DeSantis makes it about the people he represents.

Trump lost Miami Dade county by 7%. DeSantis won it by 9%. That's quite telling.

On the border, Trump built a wall and got slammed for it. DeSantis sent illegals to Northern Dem territory, and while he got some negative press for it, I think it was viewed less negatively by the Liberal media and was very effective at exposing both the crisis at the border and the hypocrisy of the Dems.

On COVID, Trump bowed to pressure to shut things down. DeSantis gave Floridians freedom, and it has turned out to be wildly successful.

I don't know if DeSantis can beat Newsom, but he has a better chance than Trump, I think.

Regards,
Jim

Ron DeSantis ACCEPTS Gavin Newsom's challenge to live TV debate - as he claims Florida's already won as everyone is ditching California for it​

• Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has accepted a challenge to debate California Gov. Gavin Newsom
  • In a Red v. Blue debate, proposals have already been made to host the debate in November, which will not have a studio audience
  • The two have frequently come to blows over the difference in opinion, especially on their stances on immigration
No date has yet been set for the debate, but a spokesman for Newsom told NBC they had proposed dates for November time.

n a letter offering a formal debate, Newsom's team have set out rules for the debate.

It states: 'This event will be marketed as a Red v. Blue debate that is focused on the impact of representation at the state level.

'This will be a 90 minute debate in studio, aired by Fox News. The moderator will be Sean Hannity. There will be no live audience.'

Suggested location options by Newsom's team include Nevada, Georgia and North Carolina.

Newsom's team have also asked for a coin toss to determine who will go first with their opening remarks, with the loser making their closing remarks first.

We'll soon see.
Both will be in a two person debate moderated by Sean Hannity....see post-66 above...stay tuned.

p.s. Desantis won re-election by 20+ points moron. No one wants Biden to run again.
Sean Hannity? The dude is just going to ask puffball, fluff questions! He's not going to press them on the lies they tell on a regular basis.

Sean Hannity? The dude is just going to ask puffball, fluff questions! He's not going to press them on the lies they tell on a regular basis.
Hannity just had Newsome on and grilled him. It was a draw. Newsome was impressive.
His state is a disaster, his policies suck, but he bobs and weaves and tap-dances really well.
If the next debate is two hours Sean will be able to cover the waterfront on topics. Should be entertaining.

Hannity just had Newsome on and grilled him. It was a draw. Newsome was impressive.
His state is a disaster, his policies suck, but he bobs and weaves and tap-dances really well.
If the next debate is two hours Sean will be able to cover the waterfront on topics. Should be entertaining.
Hey, California is king of the country! How we go, the rest of the nation follows! We are the big men on campus!

Hey, California is king of the country! How we go, the rest of the nation follows! We are the big men on campus!
CA is bankrupt. CA has a lawlessness urban problem. CA has a homeless problem. People are leaving CA in droves. CA is NOT "King of the Country", not even close.

1691103174994.jpeg

That assumes Newsome will accept and was not blowing smoke with the challenge.

It would not surprise me if he was blowing smoke particularly when the stage is tilted against him. Democrats always have the stage in their favor.

That assumes Newsome will accept and was not blowing smoke with the challenge.

It would not surprise me if he was blowing smoke particularly when the stage is tilted against him. Democrats always have the stage in their favor.
Newsom loves the camera time and would love to have the presidency. I still think he is likely to be the Dem candidate in the general election.

Regards,
Jim

Newsom posted this attack ad. Interestingly, he makes a message to Florida voters....

Desantis quickly countered....

Newsome v. DeSantis in the 2024 election seems to make a great deal of sense.

Republicans restricting speech? That coming from the party that is regularly trying to get rid of the First and Second Amendments in our Bill of Rights.

That's a lot better than DeSantis saying he's going to "start slitting throats" his first day in office!
That was indeed a poor choice of words, but we all know he meant fire people. Not sure why he feels the need to ramp it up to Trump's level, but it was just a goof on his part. I like Trump and then DeSantis, then Ramaswamy, then not much else from those who have announced.

Trump, because he's demonstrated himself as president.
Desantis, because he's demonstrated himself as governor.
Ramaswamy, because he's incredibly intelligent, articulate, conservative, non-PC, an outsider, and a successful businessman.

That was indeed a poor choice of words, but we all know he meant fire people. Not sure why he feels the need to ramp it up to Trump's level, but it was just a goof on his part. I like Trump and then DeSantis, then Ramaswamy, then not much else from those who have announced.

Trump, because he's demonstrated himself as president.
Desantis, because he's demonstrated himself as governor.
Ramaswamy, because he's incredibly intelligent, articulate, conservative, non-PC, an outsider, and a successful businessman.
I appreciate your candor. I don't agree with it, but I do appreciate it!

Forum List

Back