"That's cowardly": American-Israeli NBA legend Amar'e Stoudemire passionately speaks up about violence in Palestine

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Amen brother!!! :clap:

"I woke up this morning with some disturbing news out of Israel that Hamas [are] kidnapping children, putting them in cages, killing women, killing the elderly. That's some coward s**t. That's cowardly. And for all y'all Black Live Matter [supporters] who ain't saying nothing, [saying] ‘Let me figure out exactly what's happening before saying anything', f**k you."

Former NBA player Amar'e Stoudemire did not mince words in his comments about the Hamas attack on Israel that killed civilians. The six-time All-Star did not hold back after the surprise attack called Operation Al-Aqsa Flood escalated the tension in the region to nearly unprecedented heights. Stoudemire, who is also an Israeli citizen, couldn't hold back his anger and frustration in a recent post. Like most across the world, he was shocked by the violence that has plunged the said area into more chaos.

Stoudemire has embraced Judaism and has been helping Jewish youth over the past years. He posted this on his Instagram account (via TalkBasket):

Amen brother!!! :clap:

"I woke up this morning with some disturbing news out of Israel that Hamas [are] kidnapping children, putting them in cages, killing women, killing the elderly. That's some coward s**t. That's cowardly. And for all y'all Black Live Matter [supporters] who ain't saying nothing, [saying] ‘Let me figure out exactly what's happening before saying anything', f**k you."

In real news:

The images we see have been compared to the 1973 Yom Kippur War or the 1948 Arab attack on the new state of Israel. But worse, they rekindle Jews’ collective memories from the Middle Ages to The Pale to Germany, when pogroms and mass killings terrorized children and women targeted by murderous, rampaging forces. That feeling of helplessness, of vulnerability, was what Israel was supposed to eradicate. No longer would Jews be at the mercy of other nations, their armies and police; a state of our own would allow us to protect ourselves. But when it does not, when it fails at so many levels (intelligence, political, strategic, etc.), and Jews are left cowering in their homes, Jews in Israel and around the world are left reeling.

After Hamas is defeated, there will be a reckoning in Israel to match anything we have ever seen. Evidence of warnings to the Israeli government about insufficient deterrence, recriminations about putting a racist ideologue in the Defense Ministry post and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s misguided assault on democracy will all be reviewed. Careers will end. History will convict many of grotesque negligence.

Like thousands of American Jews, I have a child studying there. Friends have relatives residing in Tel Aviv. Friends and colleagues have children in the Israeli military. Synagogues have sister congregations there.

Forum List

Back