Texas teacher who asked President Donald J Trump to deport undocumented students has been fired

Texas teacher who asked Trump to deport undocumented students is fired

Asking a president to enforce the law is now a firing offense. Is Pocahontas already president?

She didn't play it right or say it right. More to the pertinent point, I'm worried about her as a teacher, and you should be too.

She is hired by the school district to teach the children who pass into her classroom. That is it. Rich, poor, tall, short, kind, unruly, all of them. Any of them. That is her job. She wasn't talking about opposing illegal immigration as a nat'l policy, or a state policy, which is of course her right. She was talking about "getting rid of" students in her school, that she is paid to teach. That's personal. Once the story went viral with her name attached, every family whose student had her as a teacher knew EXACTLY how she felt about that student. Not in theory. Personally.

That creates a whole heck of a lot of problems for a school district.

I am opposed to illegal immigration. It is illegal. It takes resources from our American children and is unfair. At the same time, I have no idea who are illegal immigrants in my school, and I don't want to know. I love my students as individuals, or try to. Some days, some students make it difficult, not gonna lie. This has nothing to do with their legal/illegal status. :)

You make a compelling argument for sure. But, whether or not it is her job to teach the kids put in front of her is irrelevant. It is well within her right to point out illegal activity in her school which she claims is leading to drug dealers on campus. If my child attended this school and was subjected to an unsafe environment then I'd want a teacher to speak up. Also, she's not pointing out one or two specific students. She's claiming the school is being overrun with illegal activity. If this claim is correct, then why would she be fired for speaking the truth?

You are about as ignorant on foreign govts & economic systems as you are on Constitutional issues. China is the furthest thing from a Communist style of government.

It's ruled by the Communist Party...

You are falling into the "No True Scotsman" Fallacy, buddy.

Just because they call themselves communist doesn’t mean they follow the teachings of Marx & Lenin. It’s a cult of personality centered around Xi. But it features a market-based system on top of a totalitarian regime. The means of production have been decentralized. They don’t really care about communist goals, only what works. “What difference does it make whether the cat is black or white, only that it catches mice”. Deng Xiaoping. Not exactly “workers of the world unite” talk. China is not even remotely communist. I suggest you read some Bukharin & Preobrazhensky to educate yourself on communist theory.

Funny though how once again capitalism lifts states out of poverty like no other system. Proving once again how failed & flawed communism truly is.

Just because they call themselves communist doesn’t mean they follow the teachings of Marx & Lenin. It’s a cult of personality centered around Xi. But it features a market-based system on top of a totalitarian regime. The means of production have been decentralized. They don’t really care about communist goals, only what works. “What difference does it make whether the cat is black or white, only that it catches mice”. Deng Xiaoping. Not exactly “workers of the world unite” talk. China is not even remotely communist. I suggest you read some Bukharin & Preobrazhensky to educate yourself on communist theory.

Okay, you can try to spin it all day, but China is Communist buddy, and they are kicking our asses economically.

Just because a few of the big-wigs are living large, that happens in every society no matter what the system is.

Forum List

Back