Texas Parental Bill of Rights

The problem is most parents who home school don't know how it works either. You gotta know the information before you can teach it.

I agree with that and I know some very bright homeschooled children.

I agree with that and I know some very bright homeschooled children.
And some that can't count change or count to 1000 at 9 years old. I personally know one girl who started that way. She graduated from college with honors after being enrolled in public school, and placed in a suitable home. There are no requirements to meet, or criteria to match for Texas home schooled kids. If the parent doesn't want to teach, he doesn't have to. That's kinda a sensitive issue with me.

And some that can't count change or count to 1000 at 9 years old. I personally know one girl who started that way. She graduated from college with honors after being enrolled in public school, and placed in a suitable home. There are no requirements to meet, or criteria to match for Texas home schooled kids. If the parent doesn't want to teach, he doesn't have to. That's kinda a sensitive issue with me.

Every situation is different. If the parents are not committed homeschooling won't work

Parents have every right to be involved in their children's education, know what the curriculum involves and have a say in what's being taught in schools.

Parents have all the time they need to educate their children by homeschooling, or actually educating their children at home after or before they leave for school. No one has ever kept a parent from being involved in their education.

Parents have all the time they need to educate their children by homeschooling, or actually educating their children at home after or before they leave for school. No one has ever kept a parent from being involved in their education.

Oh?

How are homeschooled kids deprived when they routinely kick the asses of kids from the indoctrination centers on EVERY important metric? Oh, but I forgot, the ONLY "schools" you approve of are the anti American indoctrination centers.
Home schooling is great for parents who have a plan, and see that their children are educated to the level required for college admission. They are willing to spend the time, and even educate themselves in the areas they might not be sufficiently competent to teach. It's expected that their home schooled children will meet or even exceed public schooled students. Many parents will instead, grow tired of spending hours each day educating their children. After a year or so, other things will have a way of taking precedence over the required hours each day needed for a full education. Most probably won't go to college, so there will be no practice admission tests to judge where the kids are lacking. As I already mentioned, Texas doesn't check on home schools. When the parent notifies the school that they will home school, the kids no longer exist as far as the education system is concerned. No periodic tests to see if the children are learning, no evaluation or requirements for lessons taught. It's a terrible injustice visited on kids who won't stand a chance in the real world, and in very many cases, it will be because the parents fell for conspiracy theories, and didn't care or understand how bad their children would suffer.

You know less than nothing about this. No one cares.

Care to get on topic or are you just here to snipe?

I know far more about education, children and parenting than you do, old man.

You're probably one of those that read Gender Queer....but likely not in a parental sense

How are homeschooled kids deprived when they routinely kick the asses of kids from the indoctrination centers on EVERY important metric? Oh, but I forgot, the ONLY "schools" you approve of are the anti American indoctrination centers.
Some actually spend the hours every day, and provide a competent complete education for their kids. Those will certainly meet or exceed their public schooled counterparts. Vastly more won't receive an education anywhere near as good as the few.

Home schooling is great for parents who have a plan, and see that their children are educated to the level required for college admission. They are willing to spend the time, and even educate themselves in the areas they might not be sufficiently competent to teach. It's expected that their home schooled children will meet or even exceed public schooled students. Many parents will instead, grow tired of spending hours each day educating their children. After a year or so, other things will have a way of taking precedence over the required hours each day needed for a full education. Most probably won't go to college, so there will be no practice admission tests to judge where the kids are lacking. As I already mentioned, Texas doesn't check on home schools. When the parent notifies the school that they will home school, the kids no longer exist as far as the education system is concerned. No periodic tests to see if the children are learning, no evaluation or requirements for lessons taught. It's a terrible injustice visited on kids who won't stand a chance in the real world, and in very many cases, it will be because the parents fell for conspiracy theories, and didn't care or understand how bad their children would suffer.
College is not, nor should it be, the end all to a good life. Most degrees are worthless and have zero real world use.

I know far more about education, children and parenting than you do, old man
Do you? I'm still in my 40s. I have kids and even grandkids. You offer no wisdom I have any interest in coveting. You sound like a 100-year-old crone, but I'd bet you're just another entitled boomer. :itsok:
You're probably one of those that read Gender Queer....but likely not in a parental sense
:dunno: Absolutely no idea what you're getting at, magaturd cat lady. Try again.

Forum List

Back