What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Texas gov't keeps money meant for poor

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCmA9HuVqYU]Texas gov't keeps money meant for poor - YouTube[/ame]

Most Texans are required to pay an extra dollar for their power bill. That money - about $146 million this year - is supposed to go to utilities to lower electricity bills for the poor. But this year, the "Lite-Up Texas" program will release just $66 million. The state treasury is keeping the rest, reports Mark Strassmann.

Good video, worth watching.

Here's also the article on it:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/08/12/eveningnews/main20091892.shtml

Reaction score
Spin. Like it or loathe it. Personally, I prefer facts over partisan whining. But please do carry on.

OP
Modbert

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Reaction score
Spin. Like it or loathe it. Personally, I prefer facts over partisan whining. But please do carry on.

Do tell how it's spin. That wasn't even enough time to watch the entire video between my post and your post.

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
Reaction score
Texas gov't keeps money meant for poor - YouTube

Most Texans are required to pay an extra dollar for their power bill. That money - about $146 million this year - is supposed to go to utilities to lower electricity bills for the poor. But this year, the "Lite-Up Texas" program will release just $66 million. The state treasury is keeping the rest, reports Mark Strassmann.
Good video, worth watching.

Here's also the article on it:

Poor hit the hardest by Texas heat, legislature - CBS News

Would you like a list of all the state governments that collect taxes and fees and then does not spend it they are supposed to, or do you have some sort of personal grudge against against Texas? I suspect it is the latter, but if it is the former I suggest you start anywhere you want and you will see that every single state does it.

Last edited:

Auxous

Rookie
Reaction score
How do you ring up a monthly electricity bill over $200?

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Reaction score
or tobacco settlement money not spent on anti tobacco campaigns or health care....The great state of California says; "yea!"

Flopper

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't have any grudge against Texas, just Texas governors who become president, lead us into war, recession, and increase the deficit despite their claim of being fiscally conservative.

💲 Amazon Deals 💲

Forum List