Texas Bill Opens Up Loophole on Biden: The Border Wall Might Get Built After All

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016
Texas Bill Opens Up Loophole on Biden: The Border Wall Might Get Built After All
Texas Bill Opens Up Loophole on Biden: The Border Wall Might Get Built After All (westernjournal.com)
12 Mar 2021 ~~ By Jack Cowhick

This bill could be the key to securing the southern border.
Texas state Rep. Bryan Slaton filed a bill in the Texas House of Representatives on March 4 aimed at creating a fund to pay for “border security enhancement projects.” As an Op-Ed from The Blaze’s Daniel Horowitz explained, it could even lead to the construction of the border wall in certain states.
Slaton’s bill would use state funds to complete the border wall in Texas and would require the governor to seek reimbursement from the federal government. In short, if the bill passes in the Texas legislature, the state would be able to construct a border wall system along its southern border using money from the Biden administration.
The bill would also strengthen Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s existing push for border security, reinforcing “Operation Lone Star” which launched this week and deployed National Guard and Border Patrol agents to protect the southern border against incoming drug cartels.
Both moves for security on the border are being made in response to the Biden administration’s actions so far. President Joe Biden halted construction of the border wall the day he took office, declaring a pause on “work on each construction project on the southern border wall.”

Comment:
If the State of Texas is able to pull this off, New Mexico and Arizona will follow through, that would leave California to handle the influx of illegal aliens, drug smuggling and human trafficking.
I don't think the Governor of CA whomever that may be after the coming recall will like that and may alos follow suit.
It's my belief that Biden and the Progressive Marxist/DSA Democrat Left will not be able to legally stop a sovereign state of the union from protecting it's borders.
Meanwhile I’m sure that a Federal Judge legilating from the bench somewhere will grant a permanent injunction against Texas’s building of a border wall on the grounds that defending/securing the border is a Federal matter and that states have absolutely no say in the matter.

As I have always said all along: If you just come here legally, and abide to our laws...I welcome you! But if you are just going to come here illegally, and not abide by our laws of the land, you should not even be here. When you come across our borders, it's an invasion to our privacies, and being arrogant (talking about these cartels and sex traffickers who bring them here), and we do not have to accept that. This is not your land! You cannot just barge right in here as you all please!

These sex traffickers and cartels who bring them here don't care the least to what happens to these folks they bring (or help bring). As long as they get their money, and if they are lucky, these folks are still alive. Most of these folks are killed before they even make it to the border - by these hardcore no-lifers.

1615607528826.png

Texas Bill Opens Up Loophole on Biden: The Border Wall Might Get Built After All (westernjournal.com)

Texas state Rep. Bryan Slaton filed a bill in the Texas House of Representatives on March 4 aimed at creating a fund to pay for “border security enhancement projects.” As an Op-Ed from The Blaze’s Daniel Horowitz explained, it could even lead to the construction of the border wall in certain states.
Slaton’s bill would use state funds to complete the border wall in Texas and would require the governor to seek reimbursement from the federal government. In short, if the bill passes in the Texas legislature, the state would be able to construct a border wall system along its southern border using money from the Biden administration.
The bill would also strengthen Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s existing push for border security, reinforcing “Operation Lone Star” which launched this week and deployed National Guard and Border Patrol agents to protect the southern border against incoming drug cartels.
Both moves for security on the border are being made in response to the Biden administration’s actions so far. President Joe Biden halted construction of the border wall the day he took office, declaring a pause on “work on each construction project on the southern border wall.”

Comment:
If the State of Texas is able to pull this off, New Mexico and Arizona will follow through, that would leave California to handle the influx of illegal aliens, drug smuggling and human trafficking.
I don't think the Governor of CA whomever that may be after the coming recall will like that and may alos follow suit.
It's my belief that Biden and the Progressive Marxist/DSA Democrat Left will not be able to legally stop a sovereign state of the union from protecting it's borders.
Meanwhile I’m sure that a Federal Judge legilating from the bench somewhere will grant a permanent injunction against Texas’s building of a border wall on the grounds that defending/securing the border is a Federal matter and that states have absolutely no say in the matter.

Maybe not so fast. The state is in effect trying to rob the federal government of its own constitutionally-mandated rights. Border protection is strictly THEIR territory but Biden is just stupid enough to let them do it, in effect letting the state pass onto itself the burden of securing its own border!

As I have always said all along: If you just come here legally, and abide to our laws...I welcome you! But if you are just going to come here illegally, and not abide by our laws of the land, you should not even be here. When you come across our borders, it's an invasion to our privacies, and being arrogant (talking about these cartels and sex traffickers who bring them here), and we do not have to accept that. This is not your land! You cannot just barge right in here as you all please!

These sex traffickers and cartels who bring them here don't care the least to what happens to these folks they bring (or help bring). As long as they get their money, and if they are lucky, these folks are still alive. Most of these folks are killed before they even make it to the border - by these hardcore no-lifers.

View attachment 467098

Said well. Illegal immigration empowers drug cartels, who are an enemy to the people of Mexico and the United States. Tough love by keeping them out until they can apply through proper channels is the only real way to curb the violence that happens to migrants, as well as the burden created when they enter the U.S. in too large of numbers and in an uncoordinated way.

It's amazing this even has to be a thing of contention, and that our government is unable and willing to enforce existing laws. I cant quite understand it. Why are latin American refugees any more worthy of cutting in line in front of others?

people who have applied in the Philippines have been waiting 20 years to enter, they might as well just give up.

It's amazing this even has to be a thing of contention, and that our government is unable and willing to enforce existing laws. I cant quite understand it. Why are latin American refugees any more worthy of cutting in line in front of others?

people who have applied in the Philippines have been waiting 20 years to enter, they might as well just give up.

It's awesome to think that half the world wants to come here and live the American Dream. Of course, there is the other half that rather kill Americans, just for the sake for either Religious or Political reasons (and both).
The only reason why this has become an issue, is to plan ahead. To get these people for votes for 2024. They aren't going to wait 3 years to flood the country. They will do it now and get them to assimilate these folks, so they can be the "future" voters for the Democrat Party.

Comment:

Texas should not stop with building a wall along its southern border. There should be a wall around the whole State to prevent undesirables from other states from getting in.

Comment:

Yep. When it comes to crazy politicians, We're number ONE!!!. What kind of idiot thinks they can pass a state law that is binding on the federal government?

Comment:
Congress can cut the funding.

IF the state wants to pay for it fine, but if they want reimbursement then it begs the question "Do you want the wall then pay for it! The whole bill is dependent on the US government reimbursement. So if the government says NO then we will see how serious these state are on building a wall. Texas should have no problem as they are oil rich. They can afford to build it themselves.

Comment:

Texas should not stop with building a wall along its southern border. There should be a wall around the whole State to prevent undesirables from other states from getting in.

If you have been following the news lately, that wall works both ways.

Comment:
Congress can cut the funding.

Texas will fund the wall within the state on it's own.... It's not bankrupt like Kalifornia or New Nueva York.

Comment:

Nah, other than lying out their a$$es, the news does nothing.

Comment:

Yep. When it comes to crazy politicians, We're number ONE!!!. What kind of idiot thinks they can pass a state law that is binding on the federal government?

~~~~~~
Texas is a sovereign state they also have a Constitution as all states have and can make their own laws that follow the Constitution.

"The border states that are being directly invaded by illegal immigrants — Texas, Arizona, and New Mexico — may constitutionally deal with the invasion themselves, at least as it relates to attempting to stop the flow across their own borders. And there is nothing President Obama/Biden or those in Washington can do to stop any of these states, if they are determined to act".

Comment:

~~~~~~
Texas is a sovereign state they also have a Constitution as all states have and can make their own laws that follow the Constitution.

"The border states that are being directly invaded by illegal immigrants — Texas, Arizona, and New Mexico — may constitutionally deal with the invasion themselves, at least as it relates to attempting to stop the flow across their own borders. And there is nothing President Obama/Biden or those in Washington can do to stop any of these states, if they are determined to act".

The Supremacy Clause of the U.S. Constitution invalidates (preempts) state laws that interfere with or are contrary to federal law (Article VI, Cl. 2). With respect to immigration-related matters, the U.S. Supreme Court has held that:

the regulation of aliens is so intimately blended and intertwined with responsibilities of the national government that where it acts, and the state also acts on the same subject, the act of Congress or treaty is supreme; and the law of the state, though enacted in the exercise of powers not controverted, must yield to it. And where the federal government, in the exercise of its superior authority in this field, has enacted a complete scheme of regulation….states cannot, inconsistently with the purpose of Congress, conflict or interfere with, curtail or complement, the federal law, or enforce additional or auxiliary regulations.

(Hines v. Davidowitz, 312 U.S. 52 (1941)).

Preemption can be express (i.e., stated in statute) or implied from a federal statutory scheme. Examples of implied preemption include state or local actions (1) in areas in which Congress intended to completely occupy the regulatory field or (2) that conflict with the federal scheme (De Canas v. Bica, 424 U.S. 351 (1976)).

Maybe not so fast. The state is in effect trying to rob the federal government of its own constitutionally-mandated rights. Border protection is strictly THEIR territory but Biden is just stupid enough to let them do it, in effect letting the state pass onto itself the burden of securing its own border!
Good point! Requesting Federal reimbursement would go over like a lead balloon.

Comment:

Nah, other than lying out their a$$es, the news does nothing.

Doc, you are free to disagree, but they do lie. And, even when they are not lying, they are trying to "spin" things to influence your thinking.

Comment:
51lbqu.jpg

Comment:

~~~~~~

The Supremacy Clause of the U.S. Constitution invalidates (preempts) state laws that interfere with or are contrary to federal law (Article VI, Cl. 2). With respect to immigration-related matters, the U.S. Supreme Court has held that:

the regulation of aliens is so intimately blended and intertwined with responsibilities of the national government that where it acts, and the state also acts on the same subject, the act of Congress or treaty is supreme; and the law of the state, though enacted in the exercise of powers not controverted, must yield to it. And where the federal government, in the exercise of its superior authority in this field, has enacted a complete scheme of regulation….states cannot, inconsistently with the purpose of Congress, conflict or interfere with, curtail or complement, the federal law, or enforce additional or auxiliary regulations.

(Hines v. Davidowitz, 312 U.S. 52 (1941)).

Preemption can be express (i.e., stated in statute) or implied from a federal statutory scheme. Examples of implied preemption include state or local actions (1) in areas in which Congress intended to completely occupy the regulatory field or (2) that conflict with the federal scheme (De Canas v. Bica, 424 U.S. 351 (1976)).

. . . but here is the thing. . .

The left is the same as the right, the federal bureaucracy is all the same.

And the DNC lied to you dopes, they never had any intention of changing policy.

I already posted a thread on this a while ago.

You folks are so caught up in your partisan politics, you actually believe there is a difference. Trump? Biden? IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE!

Biden's administration has pretty much been treating the illegals coming across, the same as Trump. . . and the sub-contractors have STILL been getting money to continue construction, it is a whole industry that relies on patronage.

The Border Crisis is Forever​

And now this from the post. .

Biden pledged to stop building the wall. But he just won the right to seize a Texas family’s land for it.​

Stop letting the media and the establishment yank you folks around.

Forum List

Back