Texas battle with the Drug Cartels

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
In the early dawn's orange glow, a Texas Rangers commander briefs a heavily armed invasion force.

They're preparing to seize a remote, 170-acre Mexican cartel-controlled island in the middle of the Rio Grande River overlooked by sniper nests and potentially booby-trapped.

Some of the dozens of assembled men shift from one foot to another or reposition their M-4 rifles as they listen to their commanders' instructions.

'Keep a close eye on those structures up there that have height advantage on us,' he warns.

'In case we do get engaged and someone is shot' medical evacuation plans are in place and there are blood bags if the wounded need a transfusion, he assures them.

Any questions?

This may seem like a scene from a far-flung warzone.

But it's just a glimpse of the hot war on America's southern border – a direct consequence of an out-of-control crisis that has resulted in nearly five million illegal migrants entering the United States since President Joe Biden was inaugurated in 2021.

As federal Border Patrol agents have been overwhelmed by the mass migration and pulled away from the front lines to process illegal crossers, criminal Mexican gangs have gone largely unchecked and are now operating with near impunity inside America.

This week, I embedded with the Texas state mission to retake a densely overgrown island near the isolated village of Fronton, 250 miles south of San Antonio, that has fallen under the control of these ultra-violent criminal organizations.

As a condition of my exclusive access, the identities of these Texas officers and troopers are being kept secret for their safety.

After all, they're operating in enemy territory.

In November 2016, gunmen opened fire on Mexican state police and Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) troopers, who were surveilling them. A Texas officer was shot in the leg.

In 2019, four shooters armed with fully-automatic weapons fired more than 50 rounds from the Mexican side of the river at a U.S. Border Patrol boat. Miraculously, no one was hurt.

Just this August, trail cameras captured grainy images of three suspected cartel gunmen carrying rifles and dressed in body armor crossing into Fronton from Mexico.

Months earlier five alleged Cartel Del Noreste members were arrested in the same area. They too were armed and dressed in tactical gear.

'It's an island of death,' said Jaeson Jones, a retired captain in DPS's intelligence division who fought against the cartels for years and knows Fronton well.

'It's dangerous man,' Jones insisted, especially now that cartels are cashing in on the burgeoning human smuggling business.

Indeed, each night hundreds of immigrants cross through the Fronton area and the cartels blend in with them.

Texas DPS Regional Director Victor Escalon said the state was forced to act.

'The federal government is not able to cover all these areas and provide for the safety and security of landowners,' Escalon told me.

'You have people out here saying, 'hey man, I'm out feeding my cows and I see three men coming across with backpacks and they're armed. Why do I have to live like that?'

Comment:
Biden and the Dems are helping the drug cartels and human traffickers.
The drug cartels are operating inside the United States.
Not defending our sovereignty is treason.

texasfightingthedemocratdrugcartels.jpg

democratdrugcartelsinamerica.png

Wow, it was very, VERY difficult to find an up to date, territorial map of who controls what in Mexico.

And even when I found one, it isn't very good, TBH.

And the photos in this article, for some reason, won't even appear in one of my browsers... . weird as hell.

DD-COMP-MEXICAN-GANGS.jpg

Forum List

Back