Terrorist attack at NASCAR race?

Guys, this is now trending on social media... an unusual violent explosion of Derick Cope's car during the NASCAR Zippo 200 at Watkins Glen. The "official" story is that his engine blew up but people who have been involved in racing for 40 years or more are saying they never saw anything like this before. Others have speculated it was a tire exploding due to overheated brakes... again, not any previous incident of tire explosion has resulted in something this violent.

Look very closely to the left of the car near the ground just before the instant of explosion and you can clearly see an incoming projectile! Something was intentionally fired at this man's car! I feel like I am the only person in the country who is seeing this because it's not being mentioned at all in any of the trending posts... Look closely, tell me what you see?

Engine explosion? Tire failure? Or... terrorist attack?

I just saw a secret tape of Obama plotting the crash from 1961 while still in his mother's womb in Kenya.

funny, the air cleaner cover is still intact and looks clean. So it doesn't seem to be a fuel issue.
Guys, this is now trending on social media... an unusual violent explosion of Derick Cope's car during the NASCAR Zippo 200 at Watkins Glen. The "official" story is that his engine blew up but people who have been involved in racing for 40 years or more are saying they never saw anything like this before. Others have speculated it was a tire exploding due to overheated brakes... again, not any previous incident of tire explosion has resulted in something this violent.

Look very closely to the left of the car near the ground just before the instant of explosion and you can clearly see an incoming projectile! Something was intentionally fired at this man's car! I feel like I am the only person in the country who is seeing this because it's not being mentioned at all in any of the trending posts... Look closely, tell me what you see?

Engine explosion? Tire failure? Or... terrorist attack?

I just saw a secret tape of Obama plotting the crash from 1961 while still in his mother's womb in Kenya.

I saw the same tape.

These terrorists want to do max damage, so they shoot the car? Not the crowd? Damn, do you honestly think that they are as stupid as some of the posters on this thread?

I'm not saying it was a traditional terrorist attack. Did you watch the video? What do you see? I see a projectile enter the frame from the left just before the explosion. Who? Why? I have no clue... but this was NOT an engine explosion or tire failure as NASCAR is claiming... something targeted him and some questions need answering on this. That's a pretty dangerous thing for the person in the car, don't you think?
i don't see anything entering from the left.

Freeze at the point you see it and highlight it.

In fact the left side of the car is what blew up, not the right.

I did that and highlighted the 'vapor trail' from whatever it was.. posted above. It appeared to skip off the pavement just before it contacted the car. The original video I saw was posted on Facebook and I shared it. I had several comments from people who saw the same thing. When I posted this OP, I went to YouTube and grabbed what I assumed was the same video I had seen but it's not. The original was much better resolution. Cue the Twilight Zone music... I watched every clip I could find yesterday and it's no longer there. I admit, the video I've posted in the OP it doesn't really show it clearly.

A stuck brake caliper would cause excessive heat, and therefore cause the tire to explode. Period.

A tire explosion might blow the fender off, not the entire front nose of the car... and when's the last time a tire explosion created a plume of black smoke with no fire? I've been an avid NASCAR fan since age 7... I've never seen anything like this before. I've seen engines explode, I have seen tires explode, I've seen brake calipers explode.

I've also seen vehicles struck by an RPG.. Just not in NASCAR.

A stuck brake caliper would cause excessive heat, and therefore cause the tire to explode. Period.

A tire explosion might blow the fender off, not the entire front nose of the car... and when's the last time a tire explosion created a plume of black smoke with no fire? I've been an avid NASCAR fan since age 7... I've never seen anything like this before. I've seen engines explode, I have seen tires explode, I've seen brake calipers explode.

Here you go: Derrike Cope’s car explosion resulted from tire failure

IDK....I see no projectile but been watching NASCAR every week for 15 years........never saw a tire like that blow up when virtually stopped, so no way its a tire despite the official story.

IDK....I see no projectile but been watching NASCAR every week for 15 years........never saw a tire like that blow up when virtually stopped, so no way its a tire despite the official story.
I agree with you skooks. If the tire blew, I would have expected one of two things to have happened, 1) the cars left front end to bounce in the air for a moment, didn't happen, 2) Blow up the fender above the tire as Boss stated. That didn't happen either, this looks like it came under the hood next to the wheel well on the left front end and behind the left tire on the ground. I've never seen anything like it either. The black smoke was also very strange, since there were no flames.

I agree with you skooks. If the tire blew, I would have expected one of two things to have happened, 1) the cars left front end to bounce in the air for a moment, didn't happen, 2) Blow up the fender above the tire as Boss stated. That didn't happen either, this looks like it came under the hood next to the wheel well on the left front end and behind the left tire on the ground. I've never seen anything like it either. The black smoke was also very strange, since there were no flames.

zero chance of it being a tire explosion

well in the video, even the engine looked intact afterward. The air cleaner was in perfect position and clean.

Well, if you watch the video that shows the car from the passenger side, the tire is no longer sealed to the rim, who knows what it looks like on the inside. Very good chance it was a tire explosion. Zero chance it was any sort of external projectile.

XpFuj52QE8.gif

Well, if you watch the video that shows the car from the passenger side, the tire is no longer sealed to the rim, who knows what it looks like on the inside. Very good chance it was a tire explosion. Zero chance it was any sort of external projectile.
what's the black stuff that blows out? If it was a tire, are you saying the tires have black stuff in them?

what's the black stuff that blows out? If it was a tire, are you saying the tires have black stuff in them?
Here's the explanation:
WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. — Derrike Cope’s Xfinity Series explosion on Saturday at Watkins Glen International was the result of typical tire failure with one key variable.

NASCAR vice president, officiating and technical inspection Elton Sawyer said Cope’s No. 70Chevrolet was never actually on fire during the massive concussive incident, and the plume of black that rose from the car was actually brake dust.

Cope’s tire failed, Sawyer said, because excess heat degraded a right front tire. These type of failures generally happen at speed with a rapid deflation of the tire. The difference this time was no speed and no airflow, with a spectacular result. A broken spindle initially created higher temperatures in a right front tire that is stressed greatly on the 2.45-mile, seven-turn road course. The sidewall of the tire subsequently weakened and when Cope pulled off course, air flow was impeded and allowed the still-inflate tire to, in essence, roast.
Rest of the article: Derrike Cope’s car explosion resulted from tire failure

If you drove over the mountain, your tires had a lot of back in them. Tires are like balloons.

Forum List

Back