Terror threat called 'credible' for 9/11 anniversary

Political Junky

Gold Member
Reaction score
Terror threat called 'credible' for 9/11 anniversary - US news - Security - msnbc.com

WASHINGTON — A "specific, credible" threat has emerged surrounding the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, U.S. officials said Thursday.

But they emphasized that there was a great deal of uncertainty about the threat and said they were acknowledging it out of an abundance of caution. NBC News said police in New York City and Washington had been alerted.
Recent intelligence, obtained within the past day, and originating from the tribal areas of Pakistan, advised the United States of a plan to set off car or truck bombs in Washington or New York around the time of the 9/11 anniversary, officials told NBC News.
<more>

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Reaction score
We have to expect them to give us their best shot. We are much more prepared than 9-11 and have access to much more information.

Have to keep our fingers crossed and see what happens

I still got my money on our side

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Reaction score
I have to be honest, I don't think we're much safer than we were 10 years ago.
Well the Facts do not agree with you. We have stopped Several Major Terrorists attacks before they happened since 9/11. That alone is proof we are safer. However we will never be completely safe. Terrorism is to easy to pull off, and to hard to stop. The Terrorists only have to get it right once, we have to get it right every time. Eventually, we wont.

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Reaction score
We have to expect them to give us their best shot. We are much more prepared than 9-11 and have access to much more information.

Have to keep our fingers crossed and see what happens

I still got my money on our side
I think it is very unlikely they will be able to pull of anything here, But I am more worried about some Major attacks over seas. Targeting Americans of Course.

bobcollum

Rookie
Reaction score
I have to be honest, I don't think we're much safer than we were 10 years ago.
Well the Facts do not agree with you. We have stopped Several Major Terrorists attacks before they happened since 9/11. That alone is proof we are safer. However we will never be completely safe. Terrorism is to easy to pull off, and to hard to stop. The Terrorists only have to get it right once, we have to get it right every time. Eventually, we wont.
The second half of your statement doesn't instill much confidence. I allow variables with my comment...we are safer, but to what degree is the unanswerable question. In my opinion, not much.

waltky

Wise ol' monkey
Reaction score
14,000 Rounds Of Ammo Missing From Fort Bragg...
:eek:
Fort Bragg MPs investigate loss of 14,000 rounds of ammo
Sat Sep 10, 2011 - Military police are investigating the disappearance of nearly 14,000 rounds of ammunition from Fort Bragg, according to a spokesman for the 82nd Airborne Division.
Staff Sgt. Joshua Ford said the ammunition went missing from the division's 1st Brigade Combat Team. Ford said the ammunition is believed to have been taken overnight on Tuesday.

The 1st Brigade Combat Team was placed on lockdown for a few hours Wednesday night while officials searched for the ammunition, Ford said. The missing ammunition can be used in an M4 or M16 assault rifle, he said.

The 82nd Airborne Division and military police were taking the situation seriously, Ford said. "Any amount of ammunition that goes missing - that's got to be accounted for," he said.

FayObserver.com - Fort Bragg MPs investigate loss of 14,000 rounds of ammo

Rozman

Gold Member
Reaction score
Safer.A little bit more.
More aware.By leaps and bounds.
Prepared.Like never before.

All in all I like where we are.
I like where we are because we rose above it.
We will not let it destroy us.

We won.They lost.

Kiki Cannoli

Have you met my shadow?
Reaction score
If security needs are heightened and citizens are concerned than the threat is very credible; for as we all know terrorists thrive on fear. As a result, in a sense they've already won. Now its just a question of how much/if any physical devastation will occur.

Avorysuds

Gold Member
Reaction score
As long as Obama is killing people in the ME we will never be safe. War's like we havebeen doing them have blowback.

Paulie

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Terror threat called 'credible' for 9/11 anniversary - US news - Security - msnbc.com

WASHINGTON — A "specific, credible" threat has emerged surrounding the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, U.S. officials said Thursday.

But they emphasized that there was a great deal of uncertainty about the threat and said they were acknowledging it out of an abundance of caution. NBC News said police in New York City and Washington had been alerted.
Recent intelligence, obtained within the past day, and originating from the tribal areas of Pakistan, advised the United States of a plan to set off car or truck bombs in Washington or New York around the time of the 9/11 anniversary, officials told NBC News.
<more>
Yeah, it's so "specific" that the multitude of different government officials who spoke about it all seemed to have different ideas of what kind of attack it could be. I read about this yesterday and by the time I was done reading the article it was about as specific as "they could do just about anything so be vigilant'.

They couldn't even get it straight whether the potential perpetrators were in the US or not.

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List