Terror is real -- and it must be stopped

I'm not about to write an epilogue on the subject, but here it is.

Regardless of what political affiliation you may espouse to, one thing is clear after the attacks and murders of 12 Charlie Hebdo employees; terror is real. It was real on 9/11, it was real a week ago. You cannot deny that there are people out there who wish to force people into submission through great acts of terrorism and murder.

It doesn't matter who started it, or who kicked the hornets nest, the fact is, you have the hornets. Hornets, like terrorists, evoke fear and terror once unleashed. Terror is real, and it must be stopped. Not showing (as Obama failed to do) unity with the world only says this: "I am unconcerned with your plight. I don't care. I cannot be bothered to help unify a world marred by senseless violence."

That is all.

So when are you rushing down to the recruiter to sign up?

Here's the thing. 26 people get shot up in a school two years ago, and you guys scream about "Founding Fathers" and "Freedom" when people suggest even the most moderate changes in the law.

But someone screams "Allahu Akbar" while shooting people up, and you pretty much shit your pants and say, "We need to totally go to war with one sixth of the world's population because a few of them do crazy shit once in a while!"

Me, I can't get worked up because someone who continually insulted a billion people suddenly found a couple of them who did something nutty.
There are crazies, nuts, everywhere. They include different religions, races, cultures, nationalities, and those of different political views. They can't be stopped. For one thing, we don't know who many of them are until they act. They can strike anywhere, at any time, and by different methods.

I'd think that minimizing terrorism has to be done through the culture, which is the way most major problems need to be addressed. It's a heavier lift, and it will require patience and effort, but band-aids just don't work in the long run.

Just punishing people for their opinions and beliefs is not enough, that's the coward's way out. Jihadists do that, and trying to do that to them is folly.

I can think of another group that should learn that lesson, ironically.

I don't think we 'minimize" terror. I think we make too much of it. Terrorism, while scary, is not an existential threat to the United States. Kind of like how we were all panicking over Ebola a month ago.

2000 Muslims die in the Gaza, the world shrugs. 12 racist cartoonists get shot because they didn't spend enough on security, and we are all supposed to rend our garments and cover ourselves in ash? I don't think so.

Regardless of what political affiliation you may espouse to, one thing is clear after the attacks and murders of 12 Charlie Hebdo employees; terror is real. It was real on 9/11, it was real a week ago. You cannot deny that there are people out there who wish to force people into submission through great acts of terrorism and murder.

It doesn't matter who started it, or who kicked the hornets nest, the fact is, you have the hornets. Hornets, like terrorists, evoke fear and terror once unleashed. Terror is real, and it must be stopped. Not showing (as Obama failed to do) unity with the world only says this: "I am unconcerned with your plight. I don't care. I cannot be bothered to help unify a world marred by senseless violence."

That is all.

Here's the thing. 26 people get shot up in a school two years ago, and you guys scream about "Founding Fathers" and "Freedom" when people suggest even the most moderate changes in the law.

But someone screams "Allahu Akbar" while shooting people up, and you pretty much shit your pants and say, "We need to totally go to war with one sixth of the world's population because a few of them do crazy shit once in a while!"

Me, I can't get worked up because someone who continually insulted a billion people suddenly found a couple of them who did something nutty.
It's much like the anarchist movement during the later 18th and early 20th century...

What about where they train? What about North Africa, Southeast Asia, the Middle East? What about their funding? What about those that harbor and hide them? What about little known sleeper cells? What about single individuals that go postal? What or who can stop them?

Look I know it isn't an easy task, and I know it's impossible to destroy ideas. And the idea, and the scope of the numbers are very great. I selfishly just want them out of America. They have a stated goal to destroy our freedom, and now they want to start political parties. That doesn't sit well with me. The constitution is for Americans, not muslims.

What about where they train? What about North Africa, Southeast Asia, the Middle East? What about their funding? What about those that harbor and hide them? What about little known sleeper cells? What about single individuals that go postal? What or who can stop them?

Look I know it isn't an easy task, and I know it's impossible to destroy ideas. And the idea, and the scope of the numbers are very great. I selfishly just want them out of America. They have a stated goal to destroy our freedom, and now they want to start political parties. That doesn't sit well with me. The constitution is for Americans, not muslims.
Really, where in the Constitution does it state that?

Really, where in the Constitution does it state that?

Our constitution and country is all about freedom. Those troglodyte dogs are about anything but freedom.

Once the flood gates have opened, it's difficult to stop the flow. They have money, lots of money. They have support and supporters. They have places to train and to hide. They have people in high places who believe in their cause. And, In the United States, we have open borders. We basically allow unrestricted travel. Our ports are over-run with cargo ships, and we don't inspect each container. We're accepting illegals into this country, and we really have no idea of who they are. Our electrical grids are vulnerable. We don't have safe-guards against germ warfare, chemical and biological weapons, or sophisticated explosive devices. In summary, we can try, but we can't stop crazies and nuts from doing damage.

That is all.

Let's turn it around:

A school gets shot up by an absolute lone psycho with NO network or armies that absolutely NO ONE supports, and you Joe want ALL guns banned.

On the other hand one Islamic attack after another occurs with networks and armies all around the world where thousands of people have been murdered with no slowing down on the horizon, and all's you can do Joe is look the other way and remind us of the Christian Crusades from hundreds of years ago, and call us all Islamaphobes for daring to point fingers.

Well frankly you can go fuck yourself.

That is all.
Are you talking about radical Islamic terror...or do we include the emotion of LIBTARDS like Jake when they discover a run in their nylons or a hair in their molars? Name the terror.

Let's turn it around:

A school gets shot up by an absolute lone psycho with NO network or armies that absolutely NO ONE supports, and you Joe want ALL guns banned.

No good reason for anyone to own a gun, and you guys won't police yourselves.

On the other hand one Islamic attack after another occurs with networks and armies all around the world where thousands of people have been murdered with no slowing down on the horizon, and all's you can do Joe is look the other way and remind us of the Christian Crusades from hundreds of years ago, and call us all Islamaphobes for daring to point fingers.

Except there's no evidence these guys were part of a network. and the West has killed far more of them than they have of us.

This week it was announced that an airstrike killed 50 civilians in Syria. We just say, "Meh, stuff happens".

Again, you can't keep sticking your dick in a hornet's nest and then complain when you get stung.

Terrorists come and go...

Alan Berg (January 1, 1934 – June 18, 1984) was an American attorney and Denver, Colorado, talk radio show host. Berg was notable for his largely liberal, outspoken viewpoints and confrontational interview style.

On the evening of June 18, 1984, Berg was fatally shot in the driveway of his Denver town home by members of the white nationalist group, The Order. He died immediately. Ultimately, two members of The Order, David Lane and Bruce Pierce, were convicted for their involvement in the case, though neither of homicide.

Let's turn it around:

No good reason for anyone to own a gun, and you guys won't police yourselves.

Except there's no evidence these guys were part of a network. and the West has killed far more of them than they have of us.

This week it was announced that an airstrike killed 50 civilians in Syria. We just say, "Meh, stuff happens".

Again, you can't keep sticking your dick in a hornet's nest and then complain when you get stung.

Actually it's none of your fucking business if I own a gun and whether I have a good reason to own it.

No evidence they were not part of a network, huh ? Did you miss the part about the Al Queda connection ?

Alan Berg (January 1, 1934 – June 18, 1984) was an American attorney and Denver, Colorado, talk radio show host. Berg was notable for his largely liberal, outspoken viewpoints and confrontational interview style.

On the evening of June 18, 1984, Berg was fatally shot in the driveway of his Denver town home by members of the white nationalist group, The Order. He died immediately. Ultimately, two members of The Order, David Lane and Bruce Pierce, were convicted for their involvement in the case, though neither of homicide.

Thanks for bringing up a single incident from 30 years ago that has no connection to anything going on around the world today, and is totally irrelevant.

That is all.
Kewl. Your OP is attempting to terrorize.

And you're attempting to be a troll.

And how do you plan on stopping it? More wars, more dead troops, trillions more dollars we don't have?

Ah, so we can sit back and let things like Charlie Hebdo happen. I mean it would really be a cost saver. No, seriously it would! It would save thousands of lives as well!

so exactly how are you planning to stop things like Charlie Hebdo ?

I mean you'd be the FIRST to stop terrorism. No, seriously.

Actually it's none of your fucking business if I own a gun and whether I have a good reason to own it.

No evidence they were not part of a network, huh ? Did you miss the part about the Al Queda connection ?

Everyone and his brother says he's with Al Qaeda these days. Not impressed.

and, yes, when your fetish causes 32,000 deaths and 78,000 injuries every year, it really does become our business.

Thanks for bringing up a single incident from 30 years ago that has no connection to anything going on around the world today, and is totally irrelevant.

Of course it's irrelevant to people like you who support it.

Then of course there's more of the same:

On July 27, 2008, a politically motivated[2][3] fatal shooting took place at the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church in Knoxville, Tennessee, United States. Motivated by a desire to kill liberals and Democrats, gunman Jim David Adkisson fired a shotgun at members of the congregation during a youth performance of a musical, killing two people and wounding seven others.

Adkisson stated that he had targeted the church because of its liberal teachings and his belief that all liberals should be killed because they were ruining the country, and that he felt that the Democrats had tied his country's hands in the war on terror and they had ruined every institution in America with the aid of major media outlets. Adkisson made statements that because he could not get to the leaders of the liberal movement that he would then target those that had voted them into office.

Knoxville Unitarian Universalist church shooting - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back