Ted Cruz introduces amendment to impose congressional term limits

Just like Cortez and Omar. The heroes of the left.
Dems bitch about lack of experience then elect total loons without any. Just token symbols of diversity.

Funny how that works....and then the Repubs bitch about career politicians and people spending too much time in politics and then attack people for not having enough experience.

You wingnuts are identical, matters not if you are right or left.
Funny.
Not a republican and frankly consider my vote for Trump a middle finger to the elites of both parties.

The bill is meaningless bullshit...because actual term limits would require an amendment, per the Supreme Court.

Cruz is grandstanding.

Ted Cruz introduced a term limit bill that would end his own career in the Senate

it does show he's for the people, not the establishment. lets see where this goes.
At least Cruz is consistent at being an idiot.

We already have term limits – they’re called elections; and that some might not like the outcome of elections doesn’t warrant nonsense such as ‘term limits.’

‘Term limits’ are also fundamentally un-democratic: the people have the right to elect whomever they want for as long as they want.
Term limits are for those who realize they can’t get elected otherwise

I am tired of this experienced congressman, let’s replace him with someone who doesn’t know what he is doing
I believe the original idea of the founding fathers was that those elected would serve a short time and then go home to do their business. But we were a Republic then and not a current Democracy that is moving towards totalitarianism.
If that was their idea....they could have put it in the Constitution

They didn’t

Just like Cortez and Omar. The heroes of the left.
Dems bitch about lack of experience then elect total loons without any. Just token symbols of diversity.

Funny how that works....and then the Repubs bitch about career politicians and people spending too much time in politics and then attack people for not having enough experience.

You wingnuts are identical, matters not if you are right or left.
extremes on both sides fucking it up for the rest of us in the middle caught in their crossfire.

I wonder how many on both sides of the aisle would vote for cutting off all that money and benefits these "POLITICIANS " enjoy?

"The founders never envisioned a professional political class," said Rooney, in an appearance Saturday on Fox News.

The proposal would set members of the House to three terms and senators to two terms. Presidents are limited under the 22nd Amendment to two terms, while Supreme Court justices enjoy lifetime appointments.

"This is a much better way than having these entrenched politicians who are too aligned with special interests over a period of years. I would say 18 years is plenty of time to serve your country in," he said, referring to the total time someone could spend in Congress if elected in both chambers under the amendment.

Thursday does not mark the first time Cruz has tackled the issue. He also put forward similar legislation in 2017.

Read more at washingtonexaminer.com...

In 1976, in his first run for public office, Hatch was elected to the United States Senate, defeating Democrat Frank Moss, a three-term incumbent. Among other issues, Hatch criticized Moss's 18-year tenure in the Senate, saying "What do you call a Senator who's served in office for 18 years? You call him home."[14] Hatch ran on the promise of term limits[15] and argued that many Senators, including Moss, had lost touch with their constituents.[

Orin Hatch has been in the Senate over 40 years and he ran on term limits. I guess he found a home.

I'm against congressional term limits but it wouldn't be any big deal with me. Instead of term limits I would prefer a mandatory retirement age of 80 for all three branches of government.

Forum List

Back