Tear down the 10 Commandments

When I was younger, I used to want to give so much... I wanted to help. I thought I could reach so many who were depressed, defeated, despised even... One of the most difficult wake up calls for me was, indeed, my depth, my security... is mine. It isn't something that can be given away. Many times the offense seems to come when any one from one assumes that another NEEDS that which the one has... I have seen many friendships, many family relationships ruined in the guise of "Christian counseling". :dunno:

So, when that day finally comes around, what will you tell God about tearing down His 10 Commandments?

Hey.........I personally think that they should be allowed to stay. Why? Because I also believe the 10 Commandments are a good idea, as it is a way for the human race to keep on keepin' on.

God was not having his best day when he wrote the ten commandments

I could have done a better job

BLASPHEMER!!!!​
:hellno:

Where's my rocks..........

Jesus taught his disciples to be tolerant.

He often had dinner with whores and "TAX-COLLECTORS".

He said he was not put on this Earth to bring the righteous to God but the sinner.

Any Christian who doesn't have the faith to be with the so called dregs of society aren't fulfilling his wishes.

Funny thing is, I can accept their professions of faith, why can they not accept me for who I am?

Who are you then????

I'm not a hard-core christian, or muslim, or hindi, or anything else. I don't preach to them, I appreciate when they return the favor. I worked with a guy who use to proselytize. As he left work each evening, he'd tell us how much he loved us all. I told him I was going to tell his wife. He quit bothering our shift after that. ...Guess his wife wasn't expecting the competition.

This is my issue... currently... I have yet to hear a valid argument against why any Christian should not be Christian for and of themselves. There is a lot that comes with this... it isn't necessarily a rose garden. There are many depths, many revelations, many avenues... my most obvious one is probably psychological development through some of the most archaic scriptures in print, today. Most Christians are not the door to door peddlers of word and faith... It can be very difficult to closet one's desire to help... it can also prove impossible, as so few things are as they appear, necessarily.

As odd as this may seem, I am probably more christian than many church-goers of my acquaintance. I do not think that human goodness comes from the place you kneel once a week. It comes from within a person. Whatever label you give it, it seems too few people have confused that nature with the label.

in every courthouse in this country. After all, they are archaic and offensive to our more "progressive" brethren. But a display like this, offensive to some and downright frightening to children, this is protected speech? Really? When did this entire country move into the topsy-turvy Twilight Zone hell we now inhabit?

County Displays Crucified Santa on Courthouse Lawn | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

There's a difference between officially posting the ten commandments and allowing citizens to put their own displays on the courthouse lawn. Christian displays are allowed. You open it up to one point of view, you have to open it to all (barring actually obscene displays, or other unprotected speech).

in every courthouse in this country. After all, they are archaic and offensive to our more "progressive" brethren. But a display like this, offensive to some and downright frightening to children, this is protected speech? Really? When did this entire country move into the topsy-turvy Twilight Zone hell we now inhabit?

County Displays Crucified Santa on Courthouse Lawn | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

There's a difference between officially posting the ten commandments and allowing citizens to put their own displays on the courthouse lawn. Christian displays are allowed. You open it up to one point of view, you have to open it to all (barring actually obscene displays, or other unprotected speech).

Not a problem, but where are all the nativity scenes that have been banned? It's a public venue, why aren't everyone's sensitivities considered? Maybe NO displays, of any kind, would be best? Gravy for the goose.... And what one person views as protected speech may be considered obscene by someone else.

Hey.........I personally think that they should be allowed to stay. Why? Because I also believe the 10 Commandments are a good idea, as it is a way for the human race to keep on keepin' on.

God was not having his best day when he wrote the ten commandments

I could have done a better job

BLASPHEMER!!!!​
:hellno:

Where's my rocks..........

If God had asked......I would have helped him

He can still change them if he wants

Not a problem, but where are all the nativity scenes that have been banned?

Nativity scenes are not banned except perhaps on a local level. Did you see anything to suggest Loudon County bans nativity scenes? The Supreme Court's ruling (unless I've missed a more recent one) was that they're allowed as long as secular displays are allowed, too.

As odd as this may seem, I am probably more christian than many church-goers of my acquaintance. I do not think that human goodness comes from the place you kneel once a week. It comes from within a person. Whatever label you give it, it seems too few people have confused that nature with the label.

I think being a Christian is a private thing.

Keep it to yourself. Don't pray in public. Praying in public is an attempt to glorify yourself with others.

It's good to talk about it when those around you show interest, but being a Christian is like a secret between us and God.

However, I believe that it's not right for folks to go around getting insulted whenever they see a cross.

I think being a Christian is a private thing.

Keep it to yourself. Don't pray in public. Praying in public is an attempt to glorify yourself with others.

It's good to talk about it when those around you show interest, but being a Christian is like a secret between us and God.

However, I believe that it's not right for folks to go around getting insulted whenever they see a cross.

I feel the same way about who you are fucking, and how you do it. PDAs, of any stripe, should be kept at home.
I'm with you as far as folks need to grow a thicker skin. On a scale of 1-10, how is what they believe going to affect me? I've been condemned to hell many times. I asked one "christian" once if dogs and cats were to be found in heaven and was told unequivocally that "No", they were not. I let her know I'd rather go where the dogs and cats were.

several years ago here in Ontario ca. A man named Green sued the city for having a part of his taxes used for the display and maintenance of nativity scenes and won.
for 2 years there were no displays...finally the Christians groups who fought to keep the tax started to pay for the displays themselves.
you'd think the trouble was over ,not so.
those same Christians were now complaining because a menorah and a Kwanzaa display went up, paid for by the followers of those faiths.
never realizing that there own displays were just as much out of place as the others.
as everyone should know that Christmas is a PAGAN HOLIDAY USURPED BY CHRISTIANITY .
Love this time of year.

Forum List

Back