Team Trump just called a halt to the Obama-era war on American suburbs

Terence Millar

Feb 10, 2020
Great news!

"During the Obama administration, the Department of Housing and Urban Development tried to install Washington bureaucrats as the decision makers for how communities across all 50 states should grow. Using an obscure rule called Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing, HUD sought to remake America’s cities, towns and villages by forcing any community that was getting federal funds to meet racial quotas.

To do this, HUD applied the notion of “disparate impact,” which unilaterally deems housing patterns to be discriminatory if minority representation is not evenly spread across the jurisdiction. Communities with high concentrations of minorities are automatically labeled segregated."

But now.........

"Meanwhile, the feds began their campaign to force Westchester’s capitulation by halting millions of dollars in federal funds designated to help the county’s neediest. How’s that for moral high ground?

Missing from the smears were the facts: Westchester is the most diverse county in New York state outside of New York City, and African American and Hispanic populations in the 31 Westchester communities had grown by 56 percent, organically, from 2000 to 2010.

The impasse finally ended with the election of Donald Trump. Elections matter.

But the big win came last month, when — based on Westchester’s experience and expertise from groups like Americans for Limited Government — the Trump administration replaced Team Obama’s AFFH regulation with its own."

https://nypost.com/2020/02/14/team-...alt-to-the-obama-era-war-on-american-suburbs/

I think that Americans should have the freedom to live in communities where they feel most comfortable and safe.

Soon the poor Americans will be on farmland. The rich and the poor.

Kye discovered that white flight was particularly pronounced in areas with fewer high school dropouts, strong home values, median income levels and large numbers of professionals. He suggests this is because low-income whites don’t have the means to leave neighborhoods seeing influxes of minority residents; affluent whites, on the other hand, have the resources to vote with their feet.
White Flight Returns, This Time <i>From</i> the Suburbs

• Banned
Some people are so quick to do what they think is good, that they don't consider what the consequences might be.

Last edited:
"During the Obama administration, the Department of Housing and Urban Development tried to install Washington bureaucrats as the decision makers for how communities across all 50 states should grow. Using an obscure rule called Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing, HUD sought to remake America’s cities, towns and villages by forcing any community that was getting federal funds to meet racial quotas
My small hometown, a safe distance from Detroit had very few blacks. During the Obama years I started noticing more and more black kids walking the streets. They were still a tiny minority compared to the total population so they seemed to behave themselves though they presented the same ghetto problems (droopy drawers and loud ghetto music they think the rest of us should listen to).

Our small town black population was on a steady increase under Obama, but this thread reminds me I rarely see them in this town now. Only occasionally.

I suspect they really can't afford to live here and normal economics forced them back "home."

Forum List

Back