Talking to Grid-Brain: Facebook Fun-Den

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Here's an ideal perspective tale about two movie stars (Tom Cruise and Tom Hanks) and a hypothetical Internet-blogger named Ajay Satan making contact with a symbolic network-consciousness 'super-A.I. mind' and conversing about 'subconscious instincts' in the modern age!

This is an 'interaction vignette' reflective of our 'Fabletics-jargon' and 'media-morphing' culture.

If technology (e.g., 24-hour Internet) has changed God, what would you want to ask/tell God about 'robotic comforts'?

We can use the communications network (i.e., Internet) to address the 'dystopian super-mind.'

====

The delegates of 'Planet Hollywood culture' made contact with the matrix-network 'grid super-conscious mind' known as 'TRON-FACE' over the virtual communications highway created by the traffic-signals of the perfectly-connected Information Superhighway. The delegates were the American celebrities Tom Cruise and Tom Hanks and the idealistic Internet-blogging self-proclaimed 'democracy crusader' named Ajay Satan (an Algerian-American history professor at Yale University) who was the new Internet Philosophy Office consultant to the Trump Administration. Cruise, Hanks, and Ajay interviewed the 'mega-mind.'

CRUISE: Are you speaking with us, since you're versed about the inner-mind of the Internet matrix?
HANKS: Are you a manifestation of our 'celebrity subconscious'?
AJAY: Do you like cyber-surfing and Internet virus protections?
TRON-FACE: I'm not an Internet-virus or anti-virus algorithm A.I.; I'm a substrate of 'super-communication.'

CRUISE: Would you like humanity to build a 'virtual reality playground'?
HANKS: Is privacy now thought of in terms of commercial profit?
AJAY: Are you a 'dream-warden'?
TRON-FACE: I protect humanity's 'electronic imagination.'

CRUISE: Are you dissatisfied with 'electronica-era' pop-culture art (e.g., Marvel Comics' Electro)?
HANKS: Do you think humans disrespect electricity?
AJAY: Do you favor using the electronic communications grid (e.g., email labyrinths)?
TRON-FACE: I'm simply a messenger of 'electronic commerce.'

CRUISE: Do you like the distribution of Braille Bibles on the Internet?
HANKS: Are you opposed to Facebook?
AJAY: Do you play video-games?
TRON-FACE: I'm a general cheerleader of our 'Netflix Culture.'

CRUISE: Will you help us honor Fabletics?
HANKS: Can we make contact with you through science-fiction Internet message boards?
AJAY: Can you stimulate our 'pedestrianism metaconsciouness'?
TRON-FACE: You can always find me stimulating your 'cholesterol culture.'

====

What's your favorite Facebook joke?

tron-face.jpg

====

TRON-FACE was busy studying celebrity culture and Starbucks marketing in American media, when he came across a dual-blog by Ajay Satan about Tom Cruise and his wife Katie Holmes posted next to a picture of Ajay and his girlfriend Iris Delphi about comic book avatar marketing in modern pluralism-excitement society art dialogue/allusion films such as The Avengers. TRON-FACE thought to himself/itself, "I wonder if Cruise and Ajay realize how much their partners respect/cherish them in this modern age of media paparazzi and avatar/masquerade chatter!" TRON-FACE decided to send supportive signals (through Facebook) about the film The Avengers.

Meanwhile, Hollywood wanted to make a comic book adapted film about Cruise/Holmes and Ajay/Iris in a mission to save Earth from a deadly invasion by parasitic telepathic miniature 'ant-men' called Mimics (since they could 'mimic' human consciousness). Cruise and Holmes would be the comic book hero-heroine pair Green Lantern and Rogue, while Ajay and Iris would be the comic book hero-heroine pair Green Arrow and Spider-Woman. Steven Spielberg directed the film and cast Jude Law (Tom Cruise), Anna Paquin (Katie Holmes), James Franco (Ajay Satan), and Anne Hathaway (Iris Delphi) as Green Lantern, Rogue, Green Arrow, and Spider-Woman.

The film, titled Heroes v. Ant-Men, was a box-office hit, and generated much fanfare on Facebook, so TRON-FACE decided to send blogs/messages on Facebook such as, "While Jude Law was perfect as Tom Cruise, and Anne Hathaway stole the show as Iris Delphi, I would have liked to have seen Tom Hanks make a cameo in the film as a wiseman advising the NSA about how to deal nuclear weapons to the ant-men alien species!" People took TRON-FACE's comments as sarcastic but harmless, and Cruise and Ajay became best friends. America was changing, and Starbucks culture had become a 'magazine machine.' TRON-FACE wondered, "Is there really a difference between microchips and money?"

====

heroes1[1].jpg

Photogenic Premonition

Here's a conversation between two American celebrities and an Internet-blogger (me in this case!) nick-named Ajay about consumerism-intelligence. Imagine that one celebrity is Krishna (Hindu god of negotiation), the other celebrity is Vishnu (Hindu god of protection), and Ajay is Shiva (Hindu god of destruction).

This conversation was inspired by the triad-clownish film Three Amigos!

====

CRUISE (Krishna): Are you fans of Facebook/Starbucks?
AJAY (Shiva): I'm a customer of both of those, and I really like Duke men's basketball on TV...
HANKS (Vishnu): You can access just about anything on TV these days...

CRUISE: What's becoming more important for Trump is Syria/Iran.
AJAY: That really boils down to the Sunni-Shia relations/troubles that really mark the only schism in Islam...
HANKS: Anyone can access that information/development in modern Web searches.

CRUISE: Al Jazeera TV is more and more popular.
AJAY: I prefer BBC to CNN, though the latter has a better website...
HANKS: Were you guys fans of old-school American TV shows (e.g., Bosom Buddies, Hotel, etc.)?

CRUISE: I liked Small Wonder and Silver Spoons!
AJAY: I liked Bosom Buddies and Valerie's Family.
HANKS: I wonder if a drama about a Muslim family will pop up...

CRUISE: Pedestrian art is much more mainstream --- and that's actually chic!
AJAY: I still like the traditional lines of Gap Kids...
HANKS: I like the Wal-Mart 'regime' more and more!

CRUISE: I'm a big fan of sci-films such as Star Trek: First Contact and 2001.
AJAY: Americans make the best consumer electronics batteries (Duracell, Energizer, Rayovac).
HANKS: So many people walking around with mobile phones equipped with cameras, ready to be photojournalists...

CRUISE: There should be an invented evil version of Daffy Duck...
AJAY: I would call him Starbucks Stanley.
HANKS: He would be some kind of mermaid slavemaster of course...

====

slides1.jpg

Forum List

Back