Taliban fighters in U.S gear reenact Iwo Jima flag planting

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
This just breaks my heart to see this.
I want to apologize to any WWII vets who are still alive for Biden's disgraceful exit. Truly sorry men!

1629748488805.png

While the Sunni extremist group banned television, radio and newspapers during its original reign over Afghanistan in the 1990s, it has proven extremely adept at using social media to spread its message, and propaganda, in its more recent campaign against the US and its Kabul government allies.
The Taliban* has released a bizarre photo that seems explicitly intended to mock America.
The image, released by the militants’ elite Badri 313 Battalion, shows fighters in US-made gear planting the white and black flag of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (the self-proclaimed Taliban government), with their pose reminiscent of the iconic World War II-era photo of US soldiers raising an American flag at Iwo Jima.

While very sad to see it in no way means we should stay. Now if American's start getting killed it's game back on.

LOL! I love this pic.

We got played.

We deserve to be trolled.

All of the military power in the world doesn't do shit if you are so full of yourself that you lose all common sense.

We have none apparently.

...the Marines had about 7000 KIA in 1 month ..they HAD to kill 17,000 die hard fanatics ....the Tablian look silly ...

This just breaks my heart to see this.
I want to apologize to any WWII vets who are still alive for Biden's disgraceful exit. Truly sorry men!

View attachment 529859

While the Sunni extremist group banned television, radio and newspapers during its original reign over Afghanistan in the 1990s, it has proven extremely adept at using social media to spread its message, and propaganda, in its more recent campaign against the US and its Kabul government allies.
The Taliban* has released a bizarre photo that seems explicitly intended to mock America.
The image, released by the militants’ elite Badri 313 Battalion, shows fighters in US-made gear planting the white and black flag of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (the self-proclaimed Taliban government), with their pose reminiscent of the iconic World War II-era photo of US soldiers raising an American flag at Iwo Jima.

We were outraged over this yesterday. Time to move on.

It appears to be for real.

Taliban soldiers wearing US army gear mock iconic WW2 image of Marines raising flag on Iwo Jima in 1945 and release footage showing them armed with US weapons​

• The Taliban's Badri 313 Battalion released a collection of propaganda footage this past week
  • Among the collection was the recreation of the famed 1945 World War II picture of soldiers raising the American flag during the Battle of Iwo Jima
  • In the Taliban version, a group of soldiers is seen hoisting the Taliban flag in a similar fashion while sporting U.S. weapons and gear
  • The Badri 313 is a special unit of Taliban fighters that dress like U.S. soldiers by wearing camouflage, combat boots and body armor
  • Analysts expect the unit to continue to grow in the next few months

In no way a few muzzies could ever imagine being part of the greatest generation.

Absolutely not.

Forum List

Back