Supreme Court looks likely to back Trump administration on adding citizenship question to 2020 censu

i can understand the count in regard to living here but why towards appointment? mindset of people being people regardless and needs per area given people, not citizens?

I am not sure, I guess it is the idea that they are still affected by the laws written in DC. I was not aware it was the case till I looked this morning. This makes the hissy fit the Dems are throwing even more confusing.
Same reason why i believe terrorists, serial killers and rapists should vote when they are behind bars. Because they are affected by laws.

I have no problem with people getting their voting rights back after they pay their debt to society, but not during. As Ice pointed out, they lose many rights while in prison, voting is just one of many
You support a violent offender getting gun rights back?

Actually yes. I think the 2nd amendment is one of the most fundamental rights we have. If someone has served their time and has been deemed no longer a threat to society, then why do we keep punishing them?
Im still on the fence about agreeing with you but i respect your consistency!

If the citizenship question gets added to the census, Democrats will tell illegal immigrants that they should lie when they answer the question, but Democrats know that many illegals won't get the word and/or won't lie when they answer the question. That's why Democrats are so upset about the inclusion of this common-sense question on the census. You see, U.S. House districts are apportioned by population, and if many illegals answer that question truthfully, they will not be counted when districts are apportioned.

Oddly enough, they will still count towards the counts for the US House districts...

Congressional Apportionment - Frequently Asked Questions - People and Households - U.S. Census Bureau

Are undocumented residents (aliens) in the 50 states included in the apportionment population counts? back to top

Yes, all people (citizens and noncitizens) with a usual residence in the 50 states are to be included in the census and thus in the apportionment counts.
i can understand the count in regard to living here but why towards appointment? mindset of people being people regardless and needs per area given people, not citizens?

I am not sure, I guess it is the idea that they are still affected by the laws written in DC. I was not aware it was the case till I looked this morning. This makes the hissy fit the Dems are throwing even more confusing.
Many will not fill out the census at all and go uncounted out of fear.

It should also be noted that the Census Bureau cannot release the information for any specific individual to anyone, including other Fed agencies. In the past the FBI and IRS has tried and the courts have always rules on the side of the CB and the need for confidentiality.

Same reason why i believe terrorists, serial killers and rapists should vote when they are behind bars. Because they are affected by laws.

I have no problem with people getting their voting rights back after they pay their debt to society, but not during. As Ice pointed out, they lose many rights while in prison, voting is just one of many
You support a violent offender getting gun rights back?

Actually yes. I think the 2nd amendment is one of the most fundamental rights we have. If someone has served their time and has been deemed no longer a threat to society, then why do we keep punishing them?
Im still on the fence about agreeing with you but i respect your consistency!

I also feel it just punishes the ones that are willing to obey the law once they are out of prison. Let's face it, if you want a gun you can get one in this country..legally or not.

Only citizens should count toward congressional district apportionment.
What difference would that question make if they count as citizens or as non-citizens?? WTF?
What about these US citizens in tent cities?

If the citizenship question gets added to the census, Democrats will tell illegal immigrants that they should lie when they answer the question, but Democrats know that many illegals won't get the word and/or won't lie when they answer the question. That's why Democrats are so upset about the inclusion of this common-sense question on the census. You see, U.S. House districts are apportioned by population, and if many illegals answer that question truthfully, they will not be counted when districts are apportioned.

Democrats fear nothing of the kind. The worry is that illegals won't respond to the Census AT ALL, and that has enormous implications and will cause the number of people living in the USA, and the infrastructure to supports these populations won't be there. The Census is SUPPOSED to be a non-political document. It is a head count for the purposes of determining how many hospitals, schools, roads, etc., are needed in a particular area going forward. The Census allows the government to track trends in population shifts and all sorts of other things that all levels of government need to function effectively.

The Trump Administration wants to use it to track where illegal immigrants live so ICE can pick them up. If 11 million people just don't get counted, he doesn't care. This is a perversion of government and it's role. Turning the USA into a police state.

Only citizens should count toward congressional district apportionment.

Perhaps, but that is not the case.

What difference would that question make if they count as citizens or as non-citizens?? WTF?

Good question. Not sure why the Dems are so mad about it

What about these US citizens in tent cities?

The CB uses a variety of methods to try and count those that are homeless

http://civilrightsdocs.info/pdf/census/2020/People-Experiencing-Homelessness-HTC.pdf

Democrats fear nothing of the kind. The worry is that illegals won't respond to the Census AT ALL, and that has enormous implications and will cause the number of people living in the USA, and the infrastructure to supports these populations won't be there. The Census is SUPPOSED to be a non-political document. It is a head count for the purposes of determining how many hospitals, schools, roads, etc., are needed in a particular area going forward. The Census allows the government to track trends in population shifts and all sorts of other things that all levels of government need to function effectively.

Why should people that are not here legally count for such things?

The Trump Administration wants to use it to track where illegal immigrants live so ICE can pick them up.

Yeah, this is total bullshit. The CB cannot give that data to ICE or any other agency. Many have tried, from the FBI to the IRS and many more, all have been stopped by the courts. The importance of the confidentiality of the data takes precedence over all other issues.

The Trump Administration wants to use it to track where illegal immigrants live so ICE can pick them up. If 11 million people just don't get counted, he doesn't care. This is a perversion of government and it's role. Turning the USA into a police state.

Asking if a person is a citizen is political? That is just silly, the only reason it is considered political is the Democrats want to make it so.

The Census Bureau doesn’t share information with other US agencies, that is also a known. I’m not sure where you get you propaganda.

Oddly enough, they will still count towards the counts for the US House districts...

Congressional Apportionment - Frequently Asked Questions - People and Households - U.S. Census Bureau

Are undocumented residents (aliens) in the 50 states included in the apportionment population counts? back to top

Yes, all people (citizens and noncitizens) with a usual residence in the 50 states are to be included in the census and thus in the apportionment counts.

Good )

They don’t track illegals, the question is whether you are a US Citizen or not, nothing political.

Want to know trends? See how many citizens and non-citizens would be known by the census.

Do you have proof that the Census will be used to track illegals, when the question is are you a US Citizen?

The US is not turning into a “police state” that is just emotional nonsense.

And your point is?

until Obama slithered into town it was a question on the census....and its a good question to ask.....are you a citizen or not?....if you are not we should expect you won't be here long.....

Trump is reshaping our courts....for the better....they really got out of control with political appointed justices chosen on their liberal credentials only....Trump is cleaning them out.....and replacing them with real constitution respecting jurists....

As they should

Trump is reshaping our courts....for the better....they really got out of control with political appointed justices chosen on their liberal credentials only....Trump is cleaning them out.....and replacing them with real constitution respecting jurists....

Exactly right!:thup:

Drain the swamp, Mr President!

GOD BLESS YOU President Trump!

Supreme Court looks likely to back Trump administration on adding citizenship question to 2020 census

The question is fair and really needed to show where people are living. It determins how many Congressmen a state gets. Not to ask the question just gives any state a bigger clout in the Congress and is wrong and really against the law. Democrats hate it since the need the illegals to increase the voters.

Lol...they aren't going to tell the truth

Forum List

Back