Stop selling ethanol and see what happens

So Gulf Oil is killing way more of the Gulf than ethanol but somehow you oil boys claim ethanol is bad? :lol::lol::lol:

You do know that Big Oil has bought & paid for politicians for the last 100 years don't you? Big Oil has also bought & paid for the media at least since the 1970's. Who do you think paid for & built NBC's Rockefeller Plaza? Who do you think built The World Trade Center? Who's Oil Companies do you think the US Military defends in foreign countries?

No-Till Corn Farming does not contribute to the Gulf Dead Zone! No-Till Farming is on the rise. Why don't you get the EPA to mandate No-Till Farming instead of blaming the ethanol industry for the DESTRUCTION OF THE GULF BY THE BIG OIL COMPANIES?
I knew you wounldn't get it. But only because you're stupid.

The oil spill was an accident. Flushing agrichemicals into the Gulf is deliberate.

You know the danger and the effects. But you still support it.

And no-till farming has nothing to do with the ethanol-caused dead zone in the Gulf. It's the run-off from corn farming that's causing it. And do you know what that run-off is from? Agrichemicals. And do you know what agrichemicals are made from?

Petroleum.

So: Ethanol production is flushing petrochemicals into the Gulf where it's killing marine life.

And you support it.

What makes you better than the BP officials you hate?

Nothing.

You are a Big Oil Idiot. You know absolutely nothing about Farming, No-Till Farming, World Food Production or Ethanol Production.

Agrichemicals in the rivers increases algae blooms in the Gulf. That is an increase in marine life. Algae makes the Crude Oil in the Gulf that oil companies are extracting. Why don't you filter the algae out of the river & squeeze crude oil out of that?

No-Till Farming greatly reduces soil erosion & the run-off of agrichemicals into rivers. This also reduces the need for farmers to apply agrichemicals. No-Till Farming greatly reduces the use of Diesel Fuel & Agrichemicals.

You Big Ethanol shills are funny. You';re saying agricultural runoff is beneficial? Then why are you advocating no-till farming to reduce runoff?

I'll give you a minute to consider this. I can tell you haven't given this any thought.

Nevertheless, ag runoff is anything but harmless:
he year was 2000 and states up and down the Mississippi River, spurred by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, were coming to grips with one of America’s most vexing water quality challenges: the fertilizer runoff from Midwestern farm fields flowing hundreds of miles south to the Gulf of Mexico.

A mass of oxygen-deprived water had expanded in 1999 to a then-record 7,700 square miles, bigger than Connecticut and approaching the size of New Hampshire or Vermont. Farm chemicals from the Midwest and elsewhere were blamed in scientific studies for triggering much of the vast algae growth showing up along the Louisiana and Texas coasts and in so doing consuming oxygen.

Aquatic creatures fled or died and shrimpers went out of business.

--

Late last month, a panel of independent scientists convened by the EPA issued its preliminary findings, affirming much of what had been known a decade ago _ and reaching “the strong conclusion that increased nutrient loads have led to hypoxia,” the low-oxygen condition causing problems in the Gulf.​

A 2008 study found over 400 Dead Zones around the world, and the Gulf of Mexico's is one of the largest. Snaking along the Louisiana and Texas coasts, the expanding Gulf Dead Zone has drastically reduced seafood stocks and pushed fishers further out to sea.

The primary culprit? Nitrate-laced runoff from agricultural operations along the Mississippi River, which eventually drain into Gulf waters. One study found that 51% of nitrogen load in the Mississippi was from commercial fertilizer, with livestock manure, human sewage and runoff from other crops contributing to the mix.​

Congratulations. You support killing the Gulf.

So Gulf Oil is killing way more of the Gulf than ethanol but somehow you oil boys claim ethanol is bad? :lol::lol::lol:

You do know that Big Oil has bought & paid for politicians for the last 100 years don't you? Big Oil has also bought & paid for the media at least since the 1970's. Who do you think paid for & built NBC's Rockefeller Plaza? Who do you think built The World Trade Center? Who's Oil Companies do you think the US Military defends in foreign countries?

No-Till Corn Farming does not contribute to the Gulf Dead Zone! No-Till Farming is on the rise. Why don't you get the EPA to mandate No-Till Farming instead of blaming the ethanol industry for the DESTRUCTION OF THE GULF BY THE BIG OIL COMPANIES?

The oil spill was an accident. Flushing agrichemicals into the Gulf is deliberate.

And no-till farming has nothing to do with the ethanol-caused dead zone in the Gulf. It's the run-off from corn farming that's causing it. And do you know what that run-off is from? Agrichemicals. And do you know what agrichemicals are made from?

Petroleum.

So: Ethanol production is flushing petrochemicals into the Gulf where it's killing marine life.

And you support it.

Nothing.

You are a Big Oil Idiot. You know absolutely nothing about Farming, No-Till Farming, World Food Production or Ethanol Production.

Agrichemicals in the rivers increases algae blooms in the Gulf. That is an increase in marine life. Algae makes the Crude Oil in the Gulf that oil companies are extracting. Why don't you filter the algae out of the river & squeeze crude oil out of that?

No-Till Farming greatly reduces soil erosion & the run-off of agrichemicals into rivers. This also reduces the need for farmers to apply agrichemicals. No-Till Farming greatly reduces the use of Diesel Fuel & Agrichemicals.

Oh dude you are so wrong. AG run off is killing rivers and lakes from all the pesticide and fertilizer runs off into them. No till farming yeah right. The corn barons all grow no till, that's bull shit.

Petroleum.

And you support it.

Nothing.

You Big Ethanol shills are funny. You';re saying agricultural runoff is beneficial? Then why are you advocating no-till farming to reduce runoff?

I'll give you a minute to consider this. I can tell you haven't given this any thought.

he year was 2000 and states up and down the Mississippi River, spurred by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, were coming to grips with one of America’s most vexing water quality challenges: the fertilizer runoff from Midwestern farm fields flowing hundreds of miles south to the Gulf of Mexico.

A mass of oxygen-deprived water had expanded in 1999 to a then-record 7,700 square miles, bigger than Connecticut and approaching the size of New Hampshire or Vermont. Farm chemicals from the Midwest and elsewhere were blamed in scientific studies for triggering much of the vast algae growth showing up along the Louisiana and Texas coasts and in so doing consuming oxygen.

--

Late last month, a panel of independent scientists convened by the EPA issued its preliminary findings, affirming much of what had been known a decade ago _ and reaching “the strong conclusion that increased nutrient loads have led to hypoxia,” the low-oxygen condition causing problems in the Gulf.​

A 2008 study found over 400 Dead Zones around the world, and the Gulf of Mexico's is one of the largest. Snaking along the Louisiana and Texas coasts, the expanding Gulf Dead Zone has drastically reduced seafood stocks and pushed fishers further out to sea.

The primary culprit? Nitrate-laced runoff from agricultural operations along the Mississippi River, which eventually drain into Gulf waters. One study found that 51% of nitrogen load in the Mississippi was from commercial fertilizer, with livestock manure, human sewage and runoff from other crops contributing to the mix.​

Yup. You see big green mats of green slime in the bay ware creeks and bayou's empty in to it. This dude only has google to fall back on for clues.

So you do not consider Algae to be Aquatic Life? Interesting!

Like I said, If you are worried about algae then filter it out of the water & turn it into fuel.

This algae issue in the GOM was an issue before 2000 & before the run-up in ethanol production. Ethanol has nothing to due with GOM dead zone. But Big Oil has created a larger Dead Zone than farmers ever did. Again if you are truly worried about the GOM then force the EPA to mandate No-Till Farming. That will reduce diesel fuel & petro-chemicals use & run-off into the GOM. But that is the real issue isn't it? There is no way in hell Big Oil would ever want farmers to reduce their use of diesel fuel & petro-chemicals!!!

--

Yup. You see big green mats of green slime in the bay ware creeks and bayou's empty in to it. This dude only has google to fall back on for clues.

He's been programmed to screech "Ethanol good! Ethanol GOOD!"

No independent thought required.

Like I said, If you are worried about algae then filter it out of the water & turn it into fuel.

This algae issue in the GOM was an issue before 2000 & before the run-up in ethanol production. Ethanol has nothing to due with GOM dead zone. But Big Oil has created a larger Dead Zone than farmers ever did. Again if you are truly worried about the GOM then force the EPA to mandate No-Till Farming. That will reduce diesel fuel & petro-chemicals use & run-off into the GOM. But that is the real issue isn't it? There is no way in hell Big Oil would ever want farmers to reduce their use of diesel fuel & petro-chemicals!!!

Since I've shown you that growing corn for ethanol production has, indeed, caused a dead zone in the Gulf, I can only conclude you're either stupid or a liar, although the two aren't mutually exclusive.

You have not shown that ethanol killed the GOM. You have shown that Big Oil killed more than farmers did. Farmers use of petrochemicals grows algae in the GOM. That is a life. The algae is competing with shrimp & fish cutting their numbers in the so called "dead zones". Like I said, if you are truly worried about the GOM then force the EPA to mandate No-Till Farming. That will reduce diesel fuel & petro-chemicals use & run-off into the GOM. But that is the real issue isn't it? There is no way in hell Big Oil would ever want farmers to reduce their use of diesel fuel & petro-chemicals!!!

You don't give a shit about the GOM. You don't care that Big oil killed the most life in the GOM. You don't want farmers to reduce their diesel fuel & petro-chemicals use. You are just pissed that Ethanol has reduced Gasoline Prices cutting into Big Oil profits. You idiots are even defending Big Oil subsidies in other threads. What a stupid tool you are.

Since I've shown you that growing corn for ethanol production has, indeed, caused a dead zone in the Gulf, I can only conclude you're either stupid or a liar, although the two aren't mutually exclusive.

You have not shown that ethanol killed the GOM. You have shown that Big Oil killed more than farmers did. Farmers use of petrochemicals grows algae in the GOM. That is a life. The algae is competing with shrimp & fish cutting their numbers in the so called "dead zones". Like I said, if you are truly worried about the GOM then force the EPA to mandate No-Till Farming. That will reduce diesel fuel & petro-chemicals use & run-off into the GOM. But that is the real issue isn't it? There is no way in hell Big Oil would ever want farmers to reduce their use of diesel fuel & petro-chemicals!!!

You don't give a shit about the GOM. You don't care that Big oil killed the most life in the GOM. You don't want farmers to reduce their diesel fuel & petro-chemicals use. You are just pissed that Ethanol has reduced Gasoline Prices cutting into Big Oil profits. You idiots are even defending Big Oil subsidies in other threads. What a stupid tool you are.

Again you show your ignorance. It is not petro-chem runoff its all of the fertilizer. This fertilizer creates a massive algae bloom that removes all of the oxygen in the water and kills all of the fish. Come on dude, they teach that stuff in Head Start.

So it looks like I was right after all. You are a liar, and you are stupid.

From one of my earlier links:
You really are irrational.

Again you show your ignorance. It is not petro-chem runoff its all of the fertilizer. This fertilizer creates a massive algae bloom that removes all of the oxygen in the water and kills all of the fish. Come on dude, they teach that stuff in Head Start.
Actually, it's both. Fertilizers (and pesticides) are made from petrochemicals.

Stop selling ethanol and see what happens

Okay, lets!

Dont buy it. Make your own. Convert a lawn mower, they pollute more then a car of 80's vintage. Just leave folks a choice.

Can't have that. How can we mandate the Leftist Utopia if people have a choice? The proles are too stupid to do their thinking on their own. They need leftists to tell them what's in their best interests.

There, did I do that right, KissMy?

Daveman is again debunked by his own link. :lol: Here is the full artical from manhattan-institute

The title reads: Corn Ethanol Has Not Cut U.S. Oil Imports but the artical proves that Corn Ethanol has increased U.S. Oil Exports Here is the graph from your source that proves it.

ib_07_f1.gif

Gee Mr Wizard, How could this be? So why doesn't ethanol cut oil imports?

ib_07_f2.gif

Because even though domestic gasoline demand has been essentially flat for the past six years due to Corn ethanol. "Corn ethanol has not reduced the volume of oil imports, or overall oil use, and likely never will, because it can replace only one segment of the crude-oil barrel. Unless or until inventors come up with a substance (or substances) that can replace all of the products refined from a barrel of crude oil—from gasoline to naphtha and diesel to asphalt—this country, along with every other one, will have to continue to rely on the global oil market."

This proves Corn Ethanol is reducing the price of gasoline at the pump. Because we are processing crude for all the other elements besides gasoline. We have so much excess gasoline & ethanol now that we have to export ethanol & gasoline.

Fact: Ethanol has increased U.S. Oil Exports!!!

Fact: Ethanol has reduced the price of gasoline at the pump!!!

It proves no such thing. In order to prove that ethanol increased oil exports you have to prove that production and drilling levels remained exactly the same during that period. Those pretty pictures do not even mention those.

So it looks like I was right after all. You are a liar, and you are stupid.

From one of my earlier links:
You really are irrational.

Just like all of your post, once again you are wrong. I was right after all. You are a liar, and you are stupid.

The GOM dead zone in 2002 measured 8,484 square miles. After 8 years of rapid ethanol growth, the GOM dead zone has shrunk. In 2010 it only measured 6,564 square miles. That is back to the levels before 1993.

Here is the reason the GOM dead zone shrunk from 2002 to 2010 even as Ethanol Production Exploded during that same period. In 2002 less than 25% of US farmers did NO-Till Farming. By 2009 that number of has grown to 35.5% of US farmers do NO-Till Farming. This is reducing the petrochemicals running off the fields & the use of petrochemicals. We could mandate that all farmers do NO-Till Farming to save major fuel & petrochemical expense & to reduce the algae in the GOM thereby reducing the "Dead Zone". But no I forgot, you don't give a shit about the environment. You just want more Big Oil Subsidy.

You are stupid stupid stupid!!! Now go shill for some more Big Oil Subsidies!

Last edited:
Just like all of your post, once again you are wrong. I was right after all. You are a liar, and you are stupid.

Eat shit, troll.

Oh, and since you didn't provide a link for your claims, I have no choice but to conclude you're lying. But then, you're a leftist, and you're astoundingly stupid (even for a leftist!), so you simply can't help it.

Last edited:
There is no correlation between ethanol production & the size of the GOM dead zone.

Here is the actual data from NOAA & the EIA. Since you want to be a neg repping butt-hurt sissy-bed-wetter about it. You can go fish for your own links.

Dead Zone Area with Ethanol Production Totals.
2010 - 6564 square miles - 13,230,000,000 gallons ethanol
2009 - 3000 square miles - 10,758,258,000 gallons ethanol
2008 - 7988 square miles - 9,000,000,000 gallons ethanol
2007 - 7903 square miles - 6,500,000,000 gallons ethanol
2006 - 6662 square miles - 4,855,000,000 gallons ethanol
2005 - 4564 square miles - 3,904,000,000 gallons ethanol
2004 - 5800 square miles - 3,400,000,000 gallons ethanol
2003 - 3220 square miles - 2,800,000,000 gallons ethanol
2002 - 8484 square miles - 2,130,000,000 gallons ethanol
2001 - 8006 square miles - 1,770,000,000 gallons ethanol
2000 - 1750 square miles - 1,603,000,000 gallons ethanol
1999 - 7778 square miles - 1,470,000,000 gallons ethanol
1998 - 4902 square miles - 1,400,000,000 gallons ethanol
1997 - 6110 square miles - 1,300,000,000 gallons ethanol
1996 - 6846 square miles - 1,100,000,000 gallons ethanol
1995 - 7032 square miles - 1,400,000,000 gallons ethanol
1994 - 6403 square miles - 1,350,000,000 gallons ethanol
1993 - 6811 square miles - 1,200,000,000 gallons ethanol

Last edited:
There is no correlation between ethanol production & the size of the GOM dead zone.

Here is the actual data from NOAA & the EIA. Since you want to be a neg repping butt-hurt sissy-bed-wetter about it. You can go fish for your own links.

2000 - 1810 square miles - 1,603,000,000 gallons ethanol
1999 - 7750 square miles - 1,470,000,000 gallons ethanol
1995 - 6968 square miles - 1,400,000,000 gallons ethanol

No link?

Then you made it up.

Dismissed. You AND your bogus data.

2000 - 1750 square miles - 1,603,000,000 gallons ethanol
1999 - 7778 square miles - 1,470,000,000 gallons ethanol
1995 - 7032 square miles - 1,400,000,000 gallons ethanol

You mean neg repping like you did earlier in the thread ? Stop being such a sniveling little pussy.

Forum List

Back