Stock Market Correction finally.

I made a quick bundle on Pot stock....didn't expect it didn't see it coming...but man what a nice payoff...I'll take that capital and buy in while the media is talking down the market and the economy....

Sure you will. Like you bought Home Depot 2 days ago when it was 10% higher than it is today.
I didn't buy Home Depot...never said I bought it....I said it looks like a good buy...these are big companies that are grossly undervalued because of a virus...a virus we are very close to having a cure for or treatment to make it less deadly...when that happens the market will go back up...If you have risk capital there are some good bets out there....bets like in gambles....but informed gambles....not like the hard 8 on the crap table...if you want to downplay that for some weird political reason go ahead...I really don't want you to invest...the market is full of cowardly reactionary clowns like you...we don't need another....

I made a quick bundle on Pot stock....didn't expect it didn't see it coming...but man what a nice payoff...I'll take that capital and buy in while the media is talking down the market and the economy....
Smart move when you know that it is a false downward move. I shorted some stocks and did make a good buck. Now looking to buy them back.
KO stock today is a sure win in my opinion...

Right, because people with no money or job will still be buying soda pop. Consumer discretionary sector is spiraling down. Why anybody would buy and hold now with this volatility is ridiculous. You will have plenty of time to buy when the dust settles, assuming you have any cash left.

Everyone thinks they'll know when the worst is over or as you put it "when the dust settles". But that is not how it works in the real world.

When we went through the 2008 financial crisis, the market bottomed in March of 2009. The S&P 500 bottomed at 666. 4 months later it was back over 1000. Was the dust settled then? Almost every single investor was still convinced it would collapse any day.....Even 3 or 4 yeas later most people were still afraid and sitting on cash.

The S&P 500 is now at 2400 and nobody knows how low it will go or when it will rebound. My strategy is to buy in small tranches on irrational down days. I am not trying to catch a bottom and I won't wait "for the dust to settle".

Sure you will. Like you bought Home Depot 2 days ago when it was 10% higher than it is today.
I didn't buy Home Depot...never said I bought it....I said it looks like a good buy...these are big companies that are grossly undervalued because of a virus...a virus we are very close to having a cure for or treatment to make it less deadly...when that happens the market will go back up...If you have risk capital there are some good bets out there....bets like in gambles....but informed gambles....not like the hard 8 on the crap table...if you want to downplay that for some weird political reason go ahead...I really don't want you to invest...the market is full of cowardly reactionary clowns like you...we don't need another....

Dude, we are on the same side politically. My point is, and always has been that it doesn’t matter if it is a good company with a fat balance sheet. Everything in every sector is going down because fear is pushing everyone to cash, and until the fear level drops (the VIX drops below 30) you’re putting money at risk that you will want when things calm down. If anybody is advising you to buy, and isn’t talking about the volatility risk, they don’t understand what is occurring.

Listen to the people who warned about this mess. Hit this link. It could not only save you money, but make you a whole bunch too.
Hedgeye

The market fell in 2008 because of financial concerns like bundled bad loans and a false economy...its falling today because of a flu virus pandemic...the numbers are still strong....

Dude, we are on the same side politically. My point is, and always has been that it doesn’t matter if it is a good company with a fat balance sheet. Everything in every sector is going down because fear is pushing everyone to cash, and until the fear level drops (the VIX drops below 30) you’re putting money at risk that you will want when things calm down. If anybody is advising you to buy, and isn’t talking about the volatility risk, they don’t understand what is occurring.

Listen to the people who warned about this mess. Hit this link. It could not only save you money, but make you a whole bunch too.
Hedgeye
Been to your link and I just disagree with their assumptions...

Smart move when you know that it is a false downward move. I shorted some stocks and did make a good buck. Now looking to buy them back.

Right, because people with no money or job will still be buying soda pop. Consumer discretionary sector is spiraling down. Why anybody would buy and hold now with this volatility is ridiculous. You will have plenty of time to buy when the dust settles, assuming you have any cash left.

Everyone thinks they'll know when the worst is over or as you put it "when the dust settles". But that is not how it works in the real world.

When we went through the 2008 financial crisis, the market bottomed in March of 2009. The S&P 500 bottomed at 666. 4 months later it was back over 1000. Was the dust settled then? Almost every single investor was still convinced it would collapse any day.....Even 3 or 4 yeas later most people were still afraid and sitting on cash.

The S&P 500 is now at 2400 and nobody knows how low it will go or when it will rebound. My strategy is to buy in small tranches on irrational down days. I am not trying to catch a bottom and I won't wait "for the dust to settle".

Maybe the people you listen to say they know when and where the bottom is, but the people I follow don’t pretend to know, other than this isn’t it. How do they know this isn’t it? Volatility, rate of change. Very important concepts in invest.

Hedgeye
Been to your link and I just disagree with their assumptions...

Suit yourself, but if you had been investing per their recommendations over the last year you’d be up over 20% thru February. Since February.....well let’s just say the returns have been silly. How do you think I knew on Feb 23 that the market was going to get violent very soon?

Maybe the people you listen to say they know when and where the bottom is, but the people I follow don’t pretend to know, other than this isn’t it. How do they know this isn’t it? Volatility, rate of change. Very important concepts in invest.
No one knows for sure where the bottom is on the market as a whole but certain companies bottoms are easier to predict...

The only person I listen to is me. I am a long term investor, not a gambler or speculator. :thup:

The market fell in 2008 because of financial concerns like bundled bad loans and a false economy...its falling today because of a flu virus pandemic...the numbers are still strong....
I agree that this crash is very different from 2008 being manufactured out of a bogus over-reaction to a cold virus. But the economic fallout of this over-reaction will be enormous. It could, in a worst case scenario, be as bad as 2008. Maybe not as long in time, but with the huge price swings possibly as deep. Remember Powell dropped rates a point and a half in a week and the market didn't even notice. Oil crashed to an 18 year low and Saudi Arabia seems committed to flooding the market with cheap oil which they can produce on the cheap. Other oil producers can't.

I agree that this crash is very different from 2008 being manufactured out of a bogus over-reaction to a cold virus. But the economic fallout of this over-reaction will be enormous. It could, in a worst case scenario, be as bad as 2008. Maybe not as long in time, but with the huge price swings possibly as deep. Remember Powell dropped rates a point and a half in a week and the market didn't even notice. Oil crashed to an 18 year low and Saudi Arabia seems committed to flooding the market with cheap oil which they can produce on the cheap. Other oil producers can't.

The economic fundamentals are still strong...orders for goods are at an all time high...unemployment still low and new home construction is on the uptick and banks are still making money available for investment...sure that could all change but right now this isn't anything like 2008...

And the dust will last until may or June at the least. Even gold is having some volatility, which is unusual.

So much money racing into govt.bonds now that is becoming a destabilizing factor as well, for the Fed.

As for the oil, that is good news to me, as it will stop a lot of the excessive drilling and pumping and waste of our own oil and gas and use theirs up faster. At this point the govt. is basically refinancing itself taking advantage of negative interest rates. This in turn causes major shortfalls in big institutional buyers' portfolios, pension plans and the like.

Oh yes, and once again, nobody who posts on the innernetz has ever lost money gambling on stocks; they all get fabulously wealthy overnight and happen to guess perfectly in their buys and sells on a daily basis!!!

Oh yes, and once again, nobody who posts on the innernetz has ever lost money gambling on stocks; they all get fabulously wealthy overnight and happen to guess perfectly in their buys and sells on a daily basis!!!

What? You don’t think something like this is likely?

48ACFB89-05EC-444F-A1B4-EEAE00733ACA.jpeg

Forum List

Back