Stephen Hawkins Affirms His Atheism!

JQPublic1

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2012
Geniuses are rare. Some such as Stephen Hawkins have incredible insight as to the workings of the physical universe. Their opinions and theories are held in high esteem by academics and others, including the masses who thirst for knowledge about the universe. Inadvertently, geniuses are queried on how the physical universe came to be. Hawkins answered such a query and left no doubt as to his feelings about how the universe was created. In doing so, he also revealed the underlying atheism at the core of his scientific based beliefs

8211 Stephen Hawking 8216 I 8217 m An Atheist 8217 And Science Created Universe Not God VIDEO

Who created Science?

Human beings. It's a process of discovery. As far as who or what set down the processes and laws that the universe operates by and science discovers, that's a philosophical question. Some say a supernatural being, some say it just panned out that way, some don't know.

As far as Hawking coming out of the atheist closet, good for him I guess. I'm agnostic personally simply because I have no data either way concerning god(s), but I don't believe in the God of the Torah/Bible/Koran any more than I believe in Thor, Odin, or Ra.

Geniuses are rare. Some such as Stephen Hawkins have incredible insight as to the workings of the physical universe. Their opinions and theories are held in high esteem by academics and others, including the masses who thirst for knowledge about the universe. Inadvertently, geniuses are queried on how the physical universe came to be. Hawkins answered such a query and left no doubt as to his feelings about how the universe was created. In doing so, he also revealed the underlying atheism at the core of his scientific based beliefs

8211 Stephen Hawking 8216 I 8217 m An Atheist 8217 And Science Created Universe Not God VIDEO

The only way he would become a christian is to lose some of his IQ Points

It's Hawking you nattering nabob. Hell the correct spelling is even in your link....

JQ, I'm laughing at the superior intellect....

It's Hawking you nattering nabob. Hell the correct spelling is even in your link....

I guess you got me. But this is not the first time I've made an error and it won't be the last .Thanks anyway

BTW, whose superior intellect are you laughing at? I never claimed to have that. But if you want to declare an errant S as the symbolic Waterloo of JQ and a marker of the boundaries of my intellect , be m be my guest.

By referencing HawkinG as both a genius and an atheist, you are of course, implying the correlation. The whole post revolves around that point.

I guess you got me. But this is not the first time I've made an error and it won't be the last .Thanks anyway

BTW, whose superior intellect are you laughing at? I never claimed to have that. But if you want to declare an errant S as the symbolic Waterloo of JQ and a marker of the boundaries of my intellect , be m be my guest.

By referencing HawkinG as both a genius and an atheist, you are of course, implying the correlation. The whole post revolves around that point.

First of all let me make one clarification. The errors in my post were not typed ; I spoke them. And I make no excuses for my errors. I am responsible. I see now that speech recognition software cannot be relied upon to be highly accurate. Frankly though, my one regret is that my error has caused you to become distracted from the title of the OP. For you that singular error has taken on
Life of it's own. You are wrong about your imagined notion that my purpose in posting this open was to project the genius of HawkinG onto myself.

First of all let me make one clarification. The errors in my post were not typed ; I spoke them. And I make no excuses for my errors. I am responsible. I see now that speech recognition software cannot be relied upon to be highly accurate. Frankly though, my one regret is that my error has caused you to become distracted from the title of the OP. For you that singular error has taken on
Life of it's own. You are wrong about your imagined notion that my purpose in posting this open was to project the genius of HawkinG onto myself.

But you are implying that genius=atheism, correct?

No. I am implying nothing of the sort., Being a Christian caught up in the conflict between secular science and religious dogma , I posted this op to gather the opinions of others on the subject.

Who created Science?

Human beings. It's a process of discovery. As far as who or what set down the processes and laws that the universe operates by and science discovers, that's a philosophical question. Some say a supernatural being, some say it just panned out that way, some don't know.

As far as Hawking coming out of the atheist closet, good for him I guess. I'm agnostic personally simply because I have no data either way concerning god(s), but I don't believe in the God of the Torah/Bible/Koran any more than I believe in Thor, Odin, or Ra.

Have you considered that life is more than a product of atoms, molecules and other physical particles?

no he is not but you sure as fuck want there to be one .

There have been lots of studies done on this topic; one the whole, the results point towards non-believers and agnostics having a slightly higher IQ. It might not be a very pleasant thought to many, but 'thems the facts!'

Hawkins? He cost us how much in salary and grants and he makes my life easier with what?

Hawkins really has done nothing for humanity.
if you're going to attempt and insult at least learn to spell .
btw hawking doesn't cost you dick...
As of June 2014, Stephen Hawking lives in the United Kingdom. Hawking was born in January 1942 in Oxford, England. He was diagnosed with ALS at the age of 21 and, due to his disease, requires the use of a wheelchair and a computerized voice system.

As of 2014, Hawking holds the title of Director of Research at the Centre for Theoretical Cosmology and is an active part of the staff at Cambridge University. He originally chose to research cosmology at Cambridge because no one in Oxford was working in the field. His work has been focused on the laws that govern the universe.

Forum List

Back