Step up, Mr. President

Democrats want open Borders, blacks rioting, 2,000 a month for not working, lol sex rearrangement surgery in the army to pay for it, I mean seriously

This is where our President's thoughts are at this morning:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

8:41 AM · May 30, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Great job last night at the White House by the U.S. @SecretService. They were not only totally professional, but very cool. I was inside, watched every move, and couldn’t have felt more safe. They let the “protesters” scream & rant as much as they wanted, but whenever someone........got too frisky or out of line, they would quickly come down on them, hard - didn’t know what hit them. The front line was replaced with fresh agents, like magic. Big crowd, professionally organized, but nobody came close to breaching the fence. If they had they would.... ....have been greeted with the most vicious dogs, and most ominous weapons, I have ever seen. That’s when people would have been really badly hurt, at least. Many Secret Service agents just waiting for action. “We put the young ones on the front line, sir, they love it, and........good practice.” As you saw last night, they were very cool & very professional. Never let it get out of hand. Thank you! On the bad side, the D.C. Mayor, @MurielBowser, who is always looking for money & help, wouldn’t let the D.C. Police get involved. “Not their job.” Nice!

The President was quite excited by all the big bad guns and dogs and ominous weapons, the young agents just "waiting for action." "They love it, and good practice!" The message to the protesters? Let them "scream and rant" all they want.
View attachment 342908

What were they ranting? "No justice no peace" and "Hands up don't shoot" After leaving the WH, they marched to the Capitol and held a vigil. Not a single protester or rioter I've heard about has carried a gun or fired a single shot. Someone shot AT them in Detroit, a drive by, and killed a 19 year old.

But the President is deaf. Leaders around the nation are struggling to maintain safety and let the black community know they hear them. WHY CAN'T OUR PRESIDENT ADDRESS THESE PEOPLE DIRECTLY? It is his job. They are his people, too, and they have a grievance. The armed protesters who stormed the Michigan capitol to get their Covid restrictions lifted were "very good people"
Trump tweeted:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

May 1

The Governor of Michigan should give a little, and put out the fire. These are very good people, but they are angry. They want their lives back again, safely! See them, talk to them, make a deal.

Why don't the black protesters all over the country get that same consideration?

STEP UP, TRUMP. Let's see you talk to them, make a deal.

"Why don't the black protesters all over the country get that same consideration?"

They are not protesters, they are now CRIMINALS, they are destroying buildings, burning buildings and en masse smashing store windows to do MASSIVE looting. They are CRIMINALS and their extreme feral chimpout should be met with bullets, looters should be shot on sight, those who are not taken down rounded up and put in something like Gitmo-type secure installations.

Perhaps they should all carry AR 15's like the white men do.
Black men don’t have guns? Huh democrat racism wow

did you see and of the rioters with a gun or rifle?? even the white ones didn't carry, and yes a lot of white ones wsere rioting and protesting.

If you think this was all black people, you are mistaken.
Yep....the white ones were Antifa....ISIS....Communists....whatever....organizing the riots.
Task is right that there are two groups at work here. The thousands and thousands of protesters trying to get someone to listen. Then there are the opportunists who seize any opportunity to grab a year's worth of diapers or to create chaos for their political agenda. Someone said they saw Antifa arranging to join in.

What I'm saying, what this thread is about is addressing the protesters and their grievances. LISTENING. Ridding this country of racism is a tall order and it doesn't happen overnight. It takes years and years to cha. nge people's minds. Will it stop the rioters? No. They're not in it for the protest, as you already pointed out. They're marching to a different drummer and anyone caught torching a building or breaking windows or bashing in a police vehicle should be arrested. Not shot, arrested.

The President is refusing to listen to the people's grievances. He's too busy being awestruck by his personal soldiers.

I don't think the protesters and their grievances are the problem, it's the rioters and looters that are the problem. That and the police killed somebody who was pinned on the ground by 4 cops, police brutality is a problem that I think Trump and everyone else is fully aware of. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought he did say something about that the other day, and spoke out against what happened. I think the charge that he doesn't listen to grievances is wrong or at least unfounded, but in any case there's nothing he can say about it that will make any difference to the rioters and looters. They are the people that Trump should be focusing on.
Although I don't agree with everything you said, I do appreciate your thoughtful reply. Thank you.

You're right, he DID speak out about the brutal killing of George Floyd. He has not addressed the protesters' grievances that this is STILL a systemic problem that is not getting better. There are people all over the country saying the same thing right now. What started this was peaceful protests and then the opportunists jumped in and fogged the issue.

I'm not even sure it would get anyone's attention if there was no violence. The last time there were big peaceful protests people were just bitching about it stopping traffic on the highway. I don't even remember what those protests were about.

If it is a systemic problem take it up with the democrat party.....they control each one of the cities that has had these riots...they have controlled those cities for decades....Minneapolis going back to 1974, St. Paul since 1966....

Complete control by the democrat party........and you say there are systemic problem? What does that say about the democrat party? The democrat party is the party of racism, violence and hate......

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Great job last night at the White House by the U.S. @SecretService. They were not only totally professional, but very cool. I was inside, watched every move, and couldn’t have felt more safe. They let the “protesters” scream & rant as much as they wanted, but whenever someone........got too frisky or out of line, they would quickly come down on them, hard - didn’t know what hit them. The front line was replaced with fresh agents, like magic. Big crowd, professionally organized, but nobody came close to breaching the fence. If they had they would.... ....have been greeted with the most vicious dogs, and most ominous weapons, I have ever seen. That’s when people would have been really badly hurt, at least. Many Secret Service agents just waiting for action. “We put the young ones on the front line, sir, they love it, and........good practice.” As you saw last night, they were very cool & very professional. Never let it get out of hand. Thank you! On the bad side, the D.C. Mayor, @MurielBowser, who is always looking for money & help, wouldn’t let the D.C. Police get involved. “Not their job.” Nice!

The President was quite excited by all the big bad guns and dogs and ominous weapons, the young agents just "waiting for action." "They love it, and good practice!" The message to the protesters? Let them "scream and rant" all they want.
View attachment 342908

What were they ranting? "No justice no peace" and "Hands up don't shoot" After leaving the WH, they marched to the Capitol and held a vigil. Not a single protester or rioter I've heard about has carried a gun or fired a single shot. Someone shot AT them in Detroit, a drive by, and killed a 19 year old.

But the President is deaf. Leaders around the nation are struggling to maintain safety and let the black community know they hear them. WHY CAN'T OUR PRESIDENT ADDRESS THESE PEOPLE DIRECTLY? It is his job. They are his people, too, and they have a grievance. The armed protesters who stormed the Michigan capitol to get their Covid restrictions lifted were "very good people"
Trump tweeted:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

May 1

The Governor of Michigan should give a little, and put out the fire. These are very good people, but they are angry. They want their lives back again, safely! See them, talk to them, make a deal.

Why don't the black protesters all over the country get that same consideration?

"Why don't the black protesters all over the country get that same consideration?"

They are not protesters, they are now CRIMINALS, they are destroying buildings, burning buildings and en masse smashing store windows to do MASSIVE looting. They are CRIMINALS and their extreme feral chimpout should be met with bullets, looters should be shot on sight, those who are not taken down rounded up and put in something like Gitmo-type secure installations.

did you see and of the rioters with a gun or rifle?? even the white ones didn't carry, and yes a lot of white ones wsere rioting and protesting.

Yep....the white ones were Antifa....ISIS....Communists....whatever....organizing the riots.
Task is right that there are two groups at work here. The thousands and thousands of protesters trying to get someone to listen. Then there are the opportunists who seize any opportunity to grab a year's worth of diapers or to create chaos for their political agenda. Someone said they saw Antifa arranging to join in.

What I'm saying, what this thread is about is addressing the protesters and their grievances. LISTENING. Ridding this country of racism is a tall order and it doesn't happen overnight. It takes years and years to cha. nge people's minds. Will it stop the rioters? No. They're not in it for the protest, as you already pointed out. They're marching to a different drummer and anyone caught torching a building or breaking windows or bashing in a police vehicle should be arrested. Not shot, arrested.

The President is refusing to listen to the people's grievances. He's too busy being awestruck by his personal soldiers.

I don't think the protesters and their grievances are the problem, it's the rioters and looters that are the problem. That and the police killed somebody who was pinned on the ground by 4 cops, police brutality is a problem that I think Trump and everyone else is fully aware of. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought he did say something about that the other day, and spoke out against what happened. I think the charge that he doesn't listen to grievances is wrong or at least unfounded, but in any case there's nothing he can say about it that will make any difference to the rioters and looters. They are the people that Trump should be focusing on.
Although I don't agree with everything you said, I do appreciate your thoughtful reply. Thank you.

You're right, he DID speak out about the brutal killing of George Floyd. He has not addressed the protesters' grievances that this is STILL a systemic problem that is not getting better. There are people all over the country saying the same thing right now. What started this was peaceful protests and then the opportunists jumped in and fogged the issue.

I'm not even sure it would get anyone's attention if there was no violence. The last time there were big peaceful protests people were just bitching about it stopping traffic on the highway. I don't even remember what those protests were about.

You are right, without the rioting they would not even pay attention. I don't condone the behavior but I think it is necessary to get attention for the protestors.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

View attachment 342908

Trump tweeted:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

May 1

You are right, without the rioting they would not even pay attention. I don't condone the behavior but I think it is necessary to get attention for the protestors.

So....the democrat party politicians who have controlled each of those cities for decades won't pay attention to the Black Americans who gave them power? Why is that? The democrat party claims to represent Black Americans...yet each one of the cities they have controlled for decades, democrat mayors, police chiefs.......are on fire because as you say, the democrat party is not paying attention......

What is wrong with the democrat party?

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

View attachment 342908

Trump tweeted:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

May 1

Surely you are not suggesting violence to force change. MLK enacted a lot of change back in the 60s through non-violet means, but of course that was then. Maybe the black and minority communities should consider switching alliances to the GOP at all levels of gov't, with the understanding that no results = no support next time. I don't know how else to light a fire under the pols at every level.

It may be a systemic problem, but it does not have a systemic solution IMHO. The federal gov't can not step in and dictate to state and local gov'ts how to run their police depts. He did send the FBI and DOJ to investigate, I dunno what more he can do. He did say this:

“I want to express our nation’s deepest condolences and most heartfelt sympathies to the family of George Floyd,” the president said.

Trump also spoke about the need for accountability in the case, saying, “We’re determined that justice be served.” He added, “I understand the hurt. I understand the pain.”

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

View attachment 342908

Trump tweeted:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

May 1

These private stores need to stop building in these areas. just in the fringe. Frankly, many do not anyway. For decades. This is a tragedy for good men and women living in or stuck in areas of potential fireworks. Again, its time to change the social programs and the school system. Do it while we still have the resources to pay for them.

Police officers are under arrest now and will go to trial. The system works. What do you think should happen?

Meanwhile Minneapolis burns and anarchy and lawlessness spreads through the country.

What should Trump say to these mindless thugs? I'm sure you wouldn't approve the message anyway.
Your stupidity is mind boggling.
OldLady is not even an American

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

View attachment 342908

Trump tweeted:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

May 1

So....the democrat party politicians who have controlled each of those cities for decades won't pay attention to the Black Americans who gave them power? Why is that? The democrat party claims to represent Black Americans...yet each one of the cities they have controlled for decades, democrat mayors, police chiefs.......are on fire because as you say, the democrat party is not paying attention......

What is wrong with the democrat party?

Of course the democrats do, not the Potus. When tramp called a "Great City" in a tweet he referred to Minneapolis, and the Democrats have been in charge there for decades.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

View attachment 342908

Trump tweeted:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

May 1

These private stores need to stop building in these areas. just in the fringe. Frankly, many do not anyway. For decades. This is a tragedy for good men and women living in or stuck in areas of potential fireworks. Again, its time to change the social programs and the school system. Do it while we still have the resources to pay for them.

You must be referring to white republicans. Change the school system how? Do you mean concentrate on public schools.

Last edited:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

View attachment 342908

Trump tweeted:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

May 1

In the riots of '64, our city got thumped big time. 250 businesses destroyed, people died, hundreds injured. Our city was the last city in the state to have any type of decent affordable housing for low income people. The ghetto properties were abysmal, substandard, falling down shacks. I remember; to get my braces tightened, we drove through those neighborhoods. After the riots, the city bought the destroyed properties and in less than a year, housing was built. Other changes were made as well. As awful as riots are, sometimes getting officials' attention works. Remember the investigation into the Ferguson police department and the sweeping changes made? Maybe you're right, it's the only way to shake up the complacency of those in charge.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

View attachment 342908

Trump tweeted:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

May 1

In the riots of '64, our city got thumped big time. 250 businesses destroyed, people died, hundreds injured. Our city was the last city in the state to have any type of decent affordable housing for low income people. The ghetto properties were abysmal, substandard, falling down shacks. I remember; to get my braces tightened, we drove through those neighborhoods. After the riots, the city bought the destroyed properties and in less than a year, housing was built. Other changes were made as well. As awful as riots are, sometimes getting officials' attention works. Remember the investigation into the Ferguson police department and the sweeping changes made? Maybe you're right, it's the only way to shake up the complacency of those in charge.
Run by democrats? Hehe

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

View attachment 342908

Trump tweeted:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

May 1

Surely you are not suggesting violence to force change. MLK enacted a lot of change back in the 60s through non-violet means, but of course that was then. Maybe the black and minority communities should consider switching alliances to the GOP at all levels of gov't, with the understanding that no results = no support next time. I don't know how else to light a fire under the pols at every level.

It may be a systemic problem, but it does not have a systemic solution IMHO. The federal gov't can not step in and dictate to state and local gov'ts how to run their police depts. He did send the FBI and DOJ to investigate, I dunno what more he can do. He did say this:

“I want to express our nation’s deepest condolences and most heartfelt sympathies to the family of George Floyd,” the president said.

Trump also spoke about the need for accountability in the case, saying, “We’re determined that justice be served.” He added, “I understand the hurt. I understand the pain.”

I just don't know, Task. I don't know the answer. But I do know it starts with listening. It's not a party thing with me.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

View attachment 342908

Trump tweeted:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

May 1

I just don't know, Task. I don't know the answer. But I do know it starts with listening. It's not a party thing with me.
I’m fact checking the crap out of you

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

View attachment 342908

Trump tweeted:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

May 1

Not a party thing with me either. But I don't know how you can say Trump isn't listening or paying attention. when he says:
“We’re determined that justice be served.” He added, “I understand the hurt. I understand the pain.”

How is that not listening? The link for that quote is above in post #88. IMHO, listening is not enough, it's a start but only a start.

And I've got to be honest here, part of the problem lies within the black community. When the cop says "do this", then shut your pie-hole and do it. In many instances where the police killed a black person it was at least partly because the individual was struggling with the cops. Don't fight 'em don't struggle, don't give them a reason to get tough and for God's sake don't give them a reason to pull their weapon and use it. There are probably hundreds of cases where a black guy gets arrested without getting assaulted or killed, most cops aren't looking for the chance to bushwhack or beat the hell out of a black person. Some are, no denying that, racism is not yet dead in this country and that includes the police depts. But IMHO part of the cause for a situation to escalate lies with the victim.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

View attachment 342908

Trump tweeted:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

May 1

Not a party thing with me either. But I don't know how you can say Trump isn't listening or paying attention. when he says:
“We’re determined that justice be served.” He added, “I understand the hurt. I understand the pain.”

How is that not listening? The link for that quote is above in post #88. IMHO, listening is not enough, it's a start but only a start.

And I've got to be honest here, part of the problem lies within the black community. When the cop says "do this", then shut your pie-hole and do it. In many instances where the police killed a black person it was at least partly because the individual was struggling with the cops. Don't fight 'em don't struggle, don't give them a reason to get tough and for God's sake don't give them a reason to pull their weapon and use it. There are probably hundreds of cases where a black guy gets arrested without getting assaulted or killed, most cops aren't looking for the chance to bushwhack or beat the hell out of a black person. Some are, no denying that, racism is not yet dead in this country and that includes the police depts. But IMHO part of the cause for a situation to escalate lies with the victim.
She has a pea brain, don’t waste your time, just fact check her to the kitchen like i do

Criminals not protesters.........when they violate the rights of others and burn their businesses to the ground....STEAL........and threaten the safety of our people they ARE CRIMINALS.

I don't see any protesters.......I see criminals that need to be beaten down and put in JAIL

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

View attachment 342908

Trump tweeted:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

May 1

Again, the President is sending his thoughts and prayers to Floyd's family; he is focusing on that one case, and you also are focusing on specific instances where an UNARMED black man resisted arrest, and that somehow makes it okay to kill them? You put your finger on their beef: racism is not yet dead in this country and that includes the police depts.

The black people in this country know of what they speak. They live it. When that fear and pervasive attitude that black people are more suspect or more dangerous than a white guy is played out over and over again, it finally reaches the point where it explodes.

Harlem
BY LANGSTON HUGHES

What happens to a dream deferred?

Does it dry up
like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore—
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over—
like a syrupy sweet?

Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.