Steelers DL Cam Heyward Punches Chargers QB Justin Herbert While He's On The Ground....And Claims He Didn't...But Here's The Video Proof

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
I was watching the Chargers/Steelers game last night.
Great hard-fought game.
Both teams deserved to win.
But this was litmus test for where these teams stand at this point in the season.
The Chargers are ascending and the Steelers are in decline.

During long QB option run....Heyward was able to lumber behind Herbert and catch him from behind.....then he stayed on top of him holding him down for some reason. A Charger player ran over like he's supposed to and told Heyward to get off his QB trying to get him off of him....and Heyward started swinging at him....then drove his fist and elbow into Herbert's stomach. It was flagged....and will probably result in a fine.....but no suspension. Heyward has since apologized....but the blow wasn't an accident....it was intentional.

What do you think?
Here's the play....you decide.

I watched the game and Cam Hayward did punch Herbert. In passing I am a Steelers fan.

The Steelers may be in decline but in this game they were also without two of their best defensive players, outside linebacker T.J. Watt and perennial Pro Bowl safety Minkah Fitzpatrick.

I watched the game and Cam Hayward did punch Herbert. In passing I am a Steelers fan.

The Steelers may be in decline but in this game they were also without two of their best defensive players, outside linebacker T.J. Watt and perennial Pro Bowl safety Minkah Fitzpatrick.
The Chargers are without the right side of their Oline. Their second-string is starting.
Their starting Noseguard and Defensive End was on the sideline as well. Two of their starters on the Dline were out because of COVID.
Everyone is suffering from injuries.

The Chargers are without the right side of their Oline. Their second-string is starting.
Their starting Noseguard and Defensive End was on the sideline as well. Two of their starters on the Dline were out because of COVID.
Everyone is suffering from injuries.
Perhaps in the end the team that wins the Super Bowl will be the healthiest team.

Cam Heyward always comes across as a an intelligent, insightful player who plays the game properly. I choose to believe him rather than my lying eyes.

Cam Heyward always comes across as a an intelligent, insightful player who plays the game properly. I choose to believe him rather than my lying eyes.
He let his emotions get the best of him.
There are some that think the Chargers are losers and that the Steelers are winners and anything that ruins that is hateful.
I remember them playing the Steelers back in the 70s.
They were always the top team once Bradshaw was drafted.
But one game the Chargers beat them 34-3....and I predicted it would happen.
That didn't happen very often.
The Chargers have never had a great defense.....and I can point out pretty much why.
Most of their best players are on offense.
They needed to get a Defensive minded coach....and Staley needs the right players to fit his scheme.
He needs someone like Heyward in the middle of that Dline to play havoc on the Offensive Line of opponents.
They put Joey Bosa in there for a few plays and he ate them up.
But he's a DE....not a DT.

Forum List

Back