Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
These folks have lost the plot.

Shaming Squirrels for Their Privilege​

This is an actual study.​

Dana Loesch
4 hr ago

Writing Romance in the Closet: To the squirrel who ate my ...
A biologist at some super-left-leaning college in California, the land of needles and feces (a long way from milk and honey, I know) and two medical researchers from UCLA published a study examining, I redacted-you-not, “The nature of privilege: intergenerational wealth in animal societies.” They probably got a government grant for this.​
You’ll quickly see from the study that the authors really, really hate squirrels:​
"For example, some (b) North American red squirrels (g1) transfer stores of acorns (middens) to one individual (g2) but not to others, imposing differential fitness outcomes on young squirrels that perpetuate across future generations"​
"In North American red squirrels, a mother may store spruce cones on her territory and privilege her daughter by bequeathing a rich territory to her; daughters who receive these resources survive longer and reproduce earlier than those without."​

The article is a bit biased.

Abstract​

Wealth inequality is widespread across human societies, from pastoral and small-scale agricultural groups to large modern social structures. The intergenerational transfer of wealth privileges some individuals over others through the transmission of resources external to an individual organism. Privileged access to household wealth (e.g., land, shelter, silver) positively influences the destinies of some (and their descendants) over others in human societies. Strikingly parallel phenomena exist in animal societies. Inheritance of nongenetic commodities (e.g., a nest, territory, tool) external to an individual also contributes greatly to direct fitness in animals. Here, we illustrate the evolutionary diversity of privilege and its disparity-generating effects on the evolutionary trajectories of lineages across the Tree of Life. We propose that integration of approaches used to study these patterns in humans may offer new insights into a core principle from behavioral ecology—differential access to inherited resources—and help to establish a broad, comparative framework for studying inequality in animals.

Dana Loesch
4 hr ago

A biologist at some super-left-leaning college in California, the land of needles and feces (a long way from milk and honey, I know) and two medical researchers from UCLA published a study examining, I redacted-you-not, “The nature of privilege: intergenerational wealth in animal societies.” They probably got a government grant for this.​
You’ll quickly see from the study that the authors really, really hate squirrels:​
"For example, some (b) North American red squirrels (g1) transfer stores of acorns (middens) to one individual (g2) but not to others, imposing differential fitness outcomes on young squirrels that perpetuate across future generations"​
"In North American red squirrels, a mother may store spruce cones on her territory and privilege her daughter by bequeathing a rich territory to her; daughters who receive these resources survive longer and reproduce earlier than those without."​

uh... the photo is a chipmunk :D

Dana Loesch
4 hr ago

Buddy, it's called nature. Many birds and animals exhibit the same traits. It's called survival of the fittest. Natural Selection! Perpetuation of the species. Read about it sometime, instead of being a hateful, dead ass complainer.

Secondly, who the fuck are you anyway? An authority? :auiqs.jpg:

Third, get a fucking clue, or stay arrogantly ignorant. Just because you have no interest in learning, or have no natural curiousity, (AKA, what makes the world go round), you're just an ignorant prick who has a shallow mind, and is nothing but a dead ass. That's why this pisses you off. You have no natural curiosity. The folks doing the study do. Now go on back into your trailer park, and keep sucking on as many beers as you can, hating people who are fucking interesting.

Last edited:
And red squirrels are also racist since in most areas where they exist with black squirrels they try to run the black ones off. I suggest these three wastes of academia study that next.
What an ignorant fool.

Duh ... Duh ... DUH!

chipmunk-dramatic.gif

Buddy, it's called nature. Many birds and animals exhibit the same traits. It's called survival of the fittest. Natural Selection! Perpetuation of the species. Read about it sometime, instead of being a hateful, dead ass complainer.

Secondly, who the fuck are you anyway? An authority? :auiqs.jpg:

Third, get a fucking clue, or stay arrogantly ignorant. Just because you have no interest in learning, or have no natural curiousity, (AKA, what makes the world go round), you're just an ignorant prick who has a shallow mind, and is nothing but a dead ass. That's why this pisses you off. You have no natural curiosity. The folks doing the study do. Now go on back into your trailer park, and keep sucking on as many beers as you can, hating people who are fucking interesting.

Aren't you just the toughest little boy!!!

or have no natural curiousity, (AKA, what makes the world go round)

As comforting as it is, for some, to believe anything humans do or say makes "the world go round". I have it on good authority that it rotated for billions of years before we arrived and will continue to do so quite regularly without us.

Dana Loesch
4 hr ago

Why do some mother mammals reject their own babies? Stop being an ignorant dumb ass, by recognizing the value of research.

Dana Loesch
4 hr ago

So the Red Squirrels are racist and evil because they take care of their offspring and save resources for their children so they can take care of themselves and grand offspring long after they are gone? EVEL squirrels. Or maybe the BLACK squirrels should learn to do the same and put others before themselves and save up over their lifetimes to give their offspring and grand offspring a better life as well.

Last edited:
As comforting as it is, for some, to believe anything humans do or say makes "the world go round". I have it on good authority that it rotated for billions of years before we arrived and will continue to do so quite regularly without us.
I couldn't agree more, but I wasn't referring to the world depending on humans for the world to go round. I'm talking about a bunch of boring human beings, who's worlds stand still by pursuing a life as a potato head.

Forum List

Back