Squid Game!

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
So I've watched a few Korean shows and when translated into English it sounds preposterous. So if you watch it watch it IN KOREAN with subtitles.

This is the Second Korean show I have watched (the first was BLACK) and when watched in the native language the shows are very entertaining. Sadly the translation to English is BAD. Epic levels if BAD.

Anyway I hated the ending. Did you watch it? What were your thoughts?
I intentionally didn't go into spoiler territory

• Thanks
Reactions: JLW
So I've watched a few Korean shows and when translated into English it sounds preposterous. So if you watch it watch it IN KOREAN with subtitles.

This is the Second Korean show I have watched (the first was BLACK) and when watched in the native language the shows are very entertaining. Sadly the translation to English is BAD. Epic levels if BAD.

I agree with you. Watching a dubbed foreign movie or show is a real disaster. You miss so much of the acting by dubbing. Voice and emotion are all lost in dubbing. So, I did the same thing you did, I watched it via sub-titles. I thought the acting was very good and a far cry from East Asian movies I watched as a kid.

I also 100% agree with you regarding the ending. You really can’t go to far into it without going into spoiler territory. I wasn’t thrilled with it...but you know even Korea is apparently a prisoner to sequels.

I watched the first episode and thought it was incredibly stupid.

i really don't know what it is - but i am sure i couldn't care less about it even if i did.

Loved it. Guessed part of the ending after watching the first episode. No lie. Very enjoyable. Great acting IMO. playtime that is a terrible attitude. Why not give the most watched Netflix show ever a chance?

Loved it. Guessed part of the ending after watching the first episode. No lie. Very enjoyable. Great acting IMO. playtime that is a terrible attitude. Why not give the most watched Netflix show ever a chance?

'terrible' attitude? auCONtraire zoggy ol' chap ... i just don't have any interest. i used to love watching slasher movies, but now a lot of violence just doesn't do it for me & i did hear that squid game was really violent. besides - i have too many series in the que anyhow. & i have a roku & on it's own channel i have all the past seasons of 'alone' which blows 'survivor' away in regards to true survival.

*** SPOILER ***

Watched and was in lust with the girl ( not his damn daughter you pervert! ) that has the brother.

I hated the damn ending but figured out the one part that most likely you hated and it was during the riot…

'terrible' attitude? auCONtraire zoggy ol' chap ... i just don't have any interest. i used to love watching slasher movies, but now a lot of violence just doesn't do it for me & i did hear that squid game was really violent. besides - i have too many series in the que anyhow. & i have a roku & on it's own channel i have all the past seasons of 'alone' which blows 'survivor' away in regards to true survival.
It is not a slasher movie and it is about what would you do if given choices in life when you are at the end of your rope…

It is not a slasher movie and it is about what would you do if given choices in life when you are at the end of your rope…

i didn't mean IT was a slasher movie - just i don't care for violence ad nauseum... whether it's bloody gory or what squid game was described as 'horrific' violence.

( not counting the godfather trilogy )

i didn't mean IT was a slasher movie - just i don't care for violence ad nauseum... whether it's bloody gory or what squid game was described as 'horrific' violence.

( not counting the godfather trilogy )
I mean it has the typical Asian culture of violence you see in Korean and Japanese movies and TV series but it was solid…

I mean it has the typical Asian culture of violence you see in Korean and Japanese movies and TV series but it was solid…

i know i know ... to each his own. who knows? maybe sometime down the line, i might check it out.

Yes, Alone has a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge following. There is violence in SG but the plot and the psychology is outstanding. The violence tbh is 2ndary.

Yes, Alone has a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge following. There is violence in SG but the plot and the psychology is outstanding. The violence tbh is 2ndary.

i doubt netflix will get rid of it - so maybe sometime in the future.

Forum List

Back