Spring ahead tonight at 2 AM

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
Daylight savings time used to be in late April until President Bush changed the date to March. Many states have passed resolutions to keep daylight savings time all year but it needs federal authorization. Hawaii and Arizona do not recognize DST and stay on standard time.

Hawaìi and Aridzona have it right.

What a great idea --- let's all agree to start lying to ourselves about as simple a thing as "what time it is". What could possibly go wrong. Colossal failure to think. Small wonder lying is part of the culture.

I believe our colonies, like Guam, Puerto Rico and the Virgins, also don't use Fake Time. Elsewhere on the continent Yukon, most of Saskatchewan, some locations in Québec east of 63° west longitude (e.g. Blanc-Sablon), Southampton Island, and some areas in British Columbia stay on standard time all year.

Prolly won't happen this year but I seem to recall it being so cold that I needed to run a wood stove, during Daylight Savings and Loan Fake Time.

Last edited:
Let's pick the time that offers the most daylight hours and be done with all this clock changing crap.

The thing is, daylight hours never change just because we call the time something it isn't. The day length on any calendar day is exactly the same regardless what time we call it. It is a manifestation of mindless idiocy to shift "daylight" by lying about what time it is, rather than simply getting up earlier.

Forum List

Back