Specualtive fear mongering runs amok.

Yes, there is such a thing as objective speculation.

I thought everyone understood that.

It appears I overestimate when I assume a minimum level of intellect.

But it is still speculation :)

You can remove that foot from your mouth at any time now.

Well you expect him to be happy?

Radical Islam may be the outcome, we have no way of knowing yet.

From your link and I applaud you for this
"He gave me a lesson in democracy and said: 'We see the democracy the United States spearheaded in Iran and with Hamas, in Gaza, and that's the fate of the Middle East,'" Ben-Eliezer said.

"'They may be talking about democracy but they don't know what they're talking about and the result will be extremism and radical Islam,'" he quoted Mubarak as saying.

Egypt in 1979 became the first Arab country to sign a peace treaty with Israel and has backed U.S.-led efforts to end the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

"He gave me a lesson in democracy and said: 'We see the democracy the United States spearheaded in Iran and with Hamas, in Gaza, and that's the fate of the Middle East,'" Ben-Eliezer said.

"'They may be talking about democracy but they don't know what they're talking about and the result will be extremism and radical Islam,'" he quoted Mubarak as saying.

Egypt in 1979 became the first Arab country to sign a peace treaty with Israel and has backed U.S.-led efforts to end the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Yep I said this when the right was all gaga over democracy in Afganistan, Iraq and Palestine.
somehow they seemed to think democracy would make them just like us. I really did not understand it then and finally when a dem is in the whitehouse they agree with me.

It seems like obama does not like the Constitutional process of any country.
He remained silent when the Iranian people protested and being murdered.
He condemned the people of Honduras for removing their presiden who lost the election but would not step down
He forces the President of Egypt to step down before their constitutional election.
Does anyone see a pattern here?

OMG! Egypt will be a Mulsim Sahria law nation and will spread in the middle east and doom Israel!

Pathetic media.

And it is well reflected on here.

Why are you running cover for the Islamic Brotherhood??? You shouldn't prostitute yourself like that.

Yep I said this when the right was all gaga over democracy in Afganistan, Iraq and Palestine.
somehow they seemed to think democracy would make them just like us. I really did not understand it then and finally when a dem is in the whitehouse they agree with me.

N one wants another Iran but this is what you will get. Afganistan and Iraq are yet to be seen. but egypt and Iran are mirror images.

We support Structured Democracy. Recognition of Unalienable Rights which protect against Tyranny. Establishment of Rule Of Law, Establishment of Justice. Theocracy not good. The Core of Your Religion should be inside you, not the State.

He condemned the people of Honduras for removing their presiden who lost the election but would not step down
He forces the President of Egypt to step down before their constitutional election.

Like Reagan and Bush I remained silent when Sadam used chemical weapons of mass destructions on the Iranians?

Like Bush II cut off the palis when their democratic election did not turn out like he wanted?

Like Reagan and Bush I remained silent when Sadam used chemical weapons of mass destructions on the Iranians?

Like Bush II cut off the palis when their democratic election did not turn out like he wanted?

You may want to back up and re-read some of your post you are starting to sound a little hypocritical.

But it is still speculation :)

Fail.

I never said it wasn't.

But you did imply that speculation cannot be objective and that's plain false.

So go ahead and remove your head from your ass anytime now. :thup:

..... egypt and Iran are mirror images.

:eusa_eh:

You wouldn't mind explainin' how Egypt and Iran are "Mirror Images:" would you?

I agree that Iran is ripe for a similar "revolt," but I don't see it happening because there are any glaring similarities between the two nations, unless you think that ALL Islamic Nations governed through dictatorships are "mirror images," which seems to be a dangerous prejudice designed to make the world an easier place in which the stupid live.

but we do not know it will happen in Egypt, saying it will is just speculative fear mongering at his point.

Saying that anything WILL happen is speculative.

Saying that it could happen is merely being objective and mindful of the region's history.

:clap2:

Apparently, to the left, being objective and mindful is fear mongering.

This is what you were trying to cover for. with this.

Quote: Originally Posted by manifold

I said:
But it is still speculation

Saying that anything WILL happen is speculative.

Saying that it could happen is merely being objective and mindful of the region's history.

I said:

When talking about potential outcomes, all one can do is speculate. Those of us who practice critical thinking understand that there are various potential outcomes to the Egypt situation. One uses the current 'knowns', the 'known unknowns' and tries to factor in the 'unknown unknowns'..... that's objective speculation. Discussing the potential outcomes in a rational manner, instead of assuming that everything will be completely fine, is not fear mongering..... it is logic. I appreciate that logic and critical thought is alien to you, but you should not fear something just because you don't understand it.

I said:

When talking about potential outcomes, all one can do is speculate. Those of us who practice critical thinking understand that there are various potential outcomes to the Egypt situation. One uses the current 'knowns', the 'known unknowns' and tries to factor in the 'unknown unknowns'..... that's objective speculation. Discussing the potential outcomes in a rational manner, instead of assuming that everything will be completely fine, is not fear mongering..... it is logic. I appreciate that logic and critical thought is alien to you, but you should not fear something just because you don't understand it.

I mostly agree, but you are wrong about one thing: logic and critical thought are not alien to uscitizen. Rather, he ignores them when they conflict with his partisan bias.

uscitizen = ravi without the charm. :thup:

Forum List

Back