Special

Have any of your neighbors been missing during the night.

Are you accuzzing me of something?:lol::lol::lol:

I was just wondering if aliens might be eating up your neighbors,:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ya its a real laugh riot:lol::lol::lol::lol: If my suspicion is true I guess one could look at it like we are a hot dog stand out in the middle of nowhere. My guess is that if "they" had the technology to get here "they" wouldn't care any more about our thoughts on the subject than we give to chickens headed for a tyson slaughterhouse. I doubt they would bother trying to be sneaky...it isn't like we would be going anywhere if the feed bag was on.

Has it ever occurred to you guys that the reason we don't get signals from aliens is that strategically that is the only safe play? My guess is that any species dumb enough to send out "geetings" very quickly are consumed by some preditory species with a directional finding reciever.

Alien operatives have been on Earth since WWII. They hold high-level government positions. People like Barack Obama, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Ban Ki-moon, Wen Jiabao, Gordon Brown, etc., are aliens sent to control the human population.

I'm guessing we haven't been hassled by superior life forms because they have looked at us and said there is nothing we have they want and even though we are self destructing we are still too damn boring to pay attention.

For all we know our "value" may be something as simple as self replicating fertilizer.

I was being semi-sarcastic. Your op is dead on regarding the lack of humility.....much like Freeman's monologue at the beginning of war of the worlds. I like looking through the Old Testament for references to alien life forms and there are some intriguing passages.

For all we know our "value" may be something as simple as self replicating fertilizer.

We will probably never know in our lifetimes.

I think that the advent of radio wave transmission is when the clock started. It probably is a factor of how long it takes our transmissions to get to someone hungry enough to act on it. You might know something about that eh Ollie?

Interesting. that would give us a few more light years though. And probably quite a few.

Get your significant other to change your batteries..you are running a little slow...I never said we CAME from aliens...My suggestion is that we will be eaten by them for real if we keep advertizing where we are and what we are made of. Our saving grace is probably only that we are a bit off the beaten path for a snack.

So you believe there out there.

I believe that the possibility exists...Evidence..US

I believe that all life I have seen is predatory..

I believe anything out there is probably predatory I think it is fatally foolish to advertize to aliens

I have absolutely no doubt other intelligent beings exist. We're still pretty clueless about our own solar system but we think we are smart enough to know what is beyond it. Jupiter has 63 moons. Our moon impacts our life on an hourly basis either directly or indirectly and it has this amazing ability to pull our oceans up. Many people know tides go in and out but they don't realize the moon actually pulls our oceans in a vertical motion. It's a fuxxing round rock yet it systematically fucks with our planet 24/7.

However, we may be the predators.

There is a big difference between ..we are the only life in the cosmos...and life is very rare. I'm gonna guess that with a several billion light year head start ...which would be most of the rest of the universe....any other life will be a tad more better than we are. You confirm my suggestion that thinking we will be the special ..IE..more developed species will be a fatal belief. If we were smart we should get rid of the satalites also. Untill we KNOW we are the top dog we should assume we are not. Try and reflect on the lesson taught to us by native americans.

"light year" is a measure of distance, not of time. I think you are referring to a headstart of several billions of years of time to advance ahead of Earth technologically, are you not?

There is a big difference between ..we are the only life in the cosmos...and life is very rare. I'm gonna guess that with a several billion light year head start ...which would be most of the rest of the universe....any other life will be a tad more better than we are. You confirm my suggestion that thinking we will be the special ..IE..more developed species will be a fatal belief. If we were smart we should get rid of the satalites also. Untill we KNOW we are the top dog we should assume we are not. Try and reflect on the lesson taught to us by native americans.

"light year" is a measure of distance, not of time. I think you are referring to a headstart of several billions of years of time to advance ahead of Earth technologically, are you not?

We have had several major extintions in our planets history. That was shear luck of the draw. Assume for a moment that we were lucky and we are now 10-50 million years more advanced than we are today. If all life in the universe had the chance to happen in a reasonably narrow starting point mass extinctions should determine any species chances of getting a leg up in the evolutionary ladder.

Given the present accelerating learning curve we are on, in 10 to 15 million years, we won't be us at all. Why should be believe that it would be any differant for an alien life form?

There is also the problem of proteins. I would bet that any life form evolved on an Earth like planet will have proteins in their ecologys that are quite toxic to life forms here, and the same for our protiens to them.

It's a measurement of both. No different from saying "60mph." If you are 60 miles away from your destination while driving 60 mph, how long would it take to reach your destination?

Given the present accelerating learning curve we are on, in 10 to 15 million years, we won't be us at all. Why should be believe that it would be any differant for an alien life form?

There is also the problem of proteins. I would bet that any life form evolved on an Earth like planet will have proteins in their ecologys that are quite toxic to life forms here, and the same for our protiens to them.

I sure don't have all the answers. What if an alien species did have a multimilllion year head start biologically. If we use ourselves as a model how long would it take for them to use up all of thier planets precioous natural resources? Who knows? Maybe carbon based resources might be important ...maybe it's fresh, clean liquid water.

Perhaps the shrinking arctic polar Ice cap is a burglary.:lol::lol:

I had to feel a little upity and big headed watching the Hawkings program on Discovery last night. He echoed many of my theories and trepidation about aliens and thier possible motivations regarding other species. He agrees that they...whoever they are ...are almost certainly going to be preditory and we should avoid contact until we can prove otherwise.

I am not kidding about getting rid of space communications by radio signal. Did anyone else see the laser display from earth with the "800" number? That was exactly my point also. If only for just a tiny sliver of thought..I'm just as smart as Hawkings!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Y'all can kiss my ass!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Exactly, and i of course knew that but don't know just how much time would be involved for a radio signal to travel hundreds or thousands or even hundreds of thousands of light years. Since we have no concept of where or when any possible intelligent aliens life forms might actually hear said signals. And if they are intelligent, wouldn't they just allow us to self destruct?

Exactly, and i of course knew that but don't know just how much time would be involved for a radio signal to travel hundreds or thousands or even hundreds of thousands of light years. Since we have no concept of where or when any possible intelligent aliens life forms might actually hear said signals. And if they are intelligent, wouldn't they just allow us to self destruct?

Watching old I LOve Lucy shows ..you may have a point.:lol::lol:

But if they tuned in to Superman..maybe they think we are being protected by super humans...and they are scared!!!:eek: :lol::lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMTz9nIUkGc]YouTube - Starship Troopers - I'm Doing My Part[/ame]

Radiowaves can travel at the speed of light and recent discoveries are showing they can travel faster than the speed of light.

Radiowaves can travel at the speed of light and recent discoveries are showing they can travel faster than the speed of light.

They can under certain laboratory induced conditions, with many contingencies, but radio waves as presently propagated do not.

About ten years ago they got a light pulse to travel faster than the speed of light but this recent experiment of getting radiowaves to exceed lightspeed is pretty damn cool and I suspect will become a useful tool for mars explorations.

They can under certain laboratory induced conditions, with many contingencies, but radio waves as presently propagated do not.

About ten years ago they got a light pulse to travel faster than the speed of light but this recent experiment of getting radiowaves to exceed lightspeed is pretty damn cool and I suspect will become a useful tool for mars explorations.

The potentials are obvious and far reaching; for controlling robots over interplanetary distances, for instance. Pardon me if I remain skeptical until further development takes place.

Forum List

Back