Sorry Obama, But It's Trump's Economic Boom, Not Yours

Funny that almost to the day Trump was elected it took off.

Markets react to good news. There were lots of stories right after the election about how Trump winning was already causing economic good news, before he even took office. Smart people know that Hillary would have been a disaster.

Tramp economy is what Obama's left to him......
Good Lord you're an idiot.
Don't be stupid. tRump and his Russian comrades were spreading lies about all terrible things that were happening (that weren't really happening) and all the worse things that would happen if Clinton got elected (that wouldn't have) and them immediately switched directions after the election, saying how great thing we're now and getting even better soon. The markets run on perception, and gullible idiots will believe almost anything.

tRump and his Russian comrades were spreading lies about all terrible things that were happening

Did the nasty Russians trick you into voting for Trump?
No you idiot, they tricked you into doing it.

I was voting against your corrupt old sot, no matter what Obama's yoga buddy did.
But that doesn't explain why her thighness lost, does it?

Funny that almost to the day Trump was elected it took off.

Markets react to good news. There were lots of stories right after the election about how Trump winning was already causing economic good news, before he even took office. Smart people know that Hillary would have been a disaster.

Tramp economy is what Obama's left to him......
Good Lord you're an idiot.
Don't be stupid. tRump and his Russian comrades were spreading lies about all terrible things that were happening (that weren't really happening) and all the worse things that would happen if Clinton got elected (that wouldn't have) and them immediately switched directions after the election, saying how great thing we're now and getting even better soon. The markets run on perception, and gullible idiots will believe almost anything.

tRump and his Russian comrades were spreading lies about all terrible things that were happening

Did the nasty Russians trick you into voting for Trump?
No you idiot, they tricked you into doing it.

I was voting against your corrupt old sot, no matter what Obama's yoga buddy did.
But that doesn't explain why her thighness lost, does it?
Lol, sure it does.

True, but I’m asking you about 2014 and 2015 and you’ve dodged answering 3 times now. You done or do you wanna give a real answer?

True, but I’m asking you about 2014 and 2015

Yes, I saw your cherry picking. What about it?
Does Obama get credit for a Booming economy during those two years like Trump is getting now?

You give him all the credit you want.
If you ignore all his weak quarters, you could try to claim he was awesome.
I’m happy to talk about his many weak points in a different conversation. This conversation is about those two years and your avoidance of answering a straight question

His more numerous, weak quarters aren't erased by a couple of decent years.
I never said they were erased. But I’m asking now for a 5th time about those two years... 2014 and 2015... were those years an economic boom or a weak recovery?

Last edited:
True, but I’m asking you about 2014 and 2015

Yes, I saw your cherry picking. What about it?
Does Obama get credit for a Booming economy during those two years like Trump is getting now?

I’m happy to talk about his many weak points in a different conversation. This conversation is about those two years and your avoidance of answering a straight question

I never said they were erased. But I’m asking now for a 5th time about those two years... 2014 and 2015... were those years an economic boom or a weak recovery?

Those years were better than the rest of his weak recovery. Obviously.

No shit captain obvious but were they an economic boom or subpar?

Every single year under Obama was subpar, obviously.

Don’t you find it interesting that in the two years under Obama leading up to the 2016 election Obama had GDP numbers higher than Trump... but during the campaign it was scorched earth economic disaster and under Trump it is the greatest economy in American history... all with smaller numbers. Y’all are pathetic. I rest my case. Thanks for playing.

Don’t you find it interesting that in the two years under Obama leading up to the 2016 election Obama had GDP numbers higher than Trump... but during the campaign it was scorched earth economic disaster and under Trump it is the greatest economy in American history... all with smaller numbers. Y’all are pathetic. I rest my case. Thanks for playing.

during the campaign it was scorched earth economic disaster

Kind of like Clinton saying, in 1992, that we had the worst economy in the last 50 years, while
the economy grew in Q1 4.9%, Q2 4.4%, Q3 4.0% and Q4 4.2%?

The only difference, Obama had 1.6% growth in 2016.

Kind of like Clinton saying, in 1992, that we had the worst economy in the last 50 years, while

Way to avoid and divert again. Your unbelievable. Now we are going to Clinton in 92?! What a joke. Go take a nap

Way to avoid and divert again. Your unbelievable. Now we are going to Clinton in 92?! What a joke. Go take a nap

Now we are going to Clinton in 92?!

Trump scorched earth is the only one that counts. Of course!

Wrong... all others count as well... just not as a diversionary tactic to avoid talking about the subject of this conversation. I’ve never seen you wiggle this hard. Why can’t you just be honest and objective ?!

In case anybody forgot::

It's Trump's Booming Economy, Not Obama's | Investor's Business Daily

Growth: Barack Obama is on the road attempting to claim credit for the booming economy under President Trump. But the only thing Obama deserves credit for is making it easy for Trump to undo Obama's anti-growth policies

Let's see if we have this right.

For eight years, President Obama presided over the worst economic recovery in modern times. For six years, he blamed Republicans in Congress for thwarting his spending agenda and hampering growth. In his last two years in office, he claimed that 2% growth was the best we could hope for. And in his last year in office, while the economy was again stalling out, Obama claimed that Trump's tax cuts and deregulation would only make things worse.

But now that we're in the midst of a booming economy — which kicked in after Trump reversed almost all Obama's economic policies — we're supposed to believe that it's Obama who deserves all the credit.

Yep. That's precisely what Obama and his Amen Chorus in the press want us to believe.

In his speech in Illinois last Friday, Obama complained that Republicans were taking credit for his work.

"When you hear how great the economy's doing right now, let's just remember when this recovery started," he said. "I mean, I'm glad it's continued, but … suddenly Republicans are saying it's a miracle."

This week, White House Council of Economic Advisers Chairman Kevin Hassett wisely set the record straight. At a briefing on Monday, he noted that just about every important economic indicator showed the economy was stalling out in Obama's last year.

Hassett explained that small business optimism had been on the decline before the November 2016 election. The percentage of businesses saying it's a good time to expand was, too. Business investment was stagnant. All those turned upward starting in 2017. Applications for new businesses are now well above the trend over Obama's entire second term, Hassett noted. And blue-collar jobs are growing faster than any time since the Reagan administration.

Turnaround on GDP Growth
There's more. The rate of GDP growth was decelerating in Obama's last year. It went from 2.3% in Q2, to 1.9% in Q3 to 1.8% in Q4 of 2016. Under Trump, GDP growth has averaged 2.9%. It was 4.2% last quarter and might be higher in the current one.

The stock market also was stuck in neutral the year before the November 2016 elections. The Dow is up by some 45% since then.

Real median family income didn't budge from August 2015 to November 2016, according to Sentier Research. It's up more than 4% since Trump came into office. Wages are on the upswing.

In Obama's last year, unemployment rate remained basically unchanged — it was 4.9% in Jan 2016, and 4.8% when Trump took office in Jan. 2017. Now it's down to 3.9%
......(SNIP)

How-Many-Jobs-Has-Trump-Created.jpg

This is just my opinion here, but Presidents get too much credit for booming economies, and get too much blame for bust economies.

That being said, If the President is going to claim this is his economy, that’s fine. The catch 22 is that it will also be his economy if the stock market goes on a downward spiral and massive layoffs become the norm.

Trump continues to 'con' a lot of folks with his charlatan ways.
One day down the road you will look back and ask yourselves; how did I fall for that shit?

D-Q0m9iXYAAO_M8.jpg:large

This is just my opinion here, but Presidents get too much credit for booming economies, and get too much blame for bust economies.

That being said, If the President is going to claim this is his economy, that’s fine. The catch 22 is that it will also be his economy if the stock market goes on a downward spiral and massive layoffs become the norm.

Trump would not claim that :26:

Wrong... all others count as well... just not as a diversionary tactic to avoid talking about the subject of this conversation. I’ve never seen you wiggle this hard. Why can’t you just be honest and objective ?!

Honestly, Obama had the weakest recovery since WWII.

Honestly, Obama had the weakest recovery since WWII.

G. W. Bush left Obama the worst economic crisis since 1929 so, it goes without saying that the recovery period during Obama's tenure was a long, up hill battle.

Seriously dude, who is running your money for you? If your 401K lost money from 2012 to 2017 then you need to find a new money manager.........

What's that got to do with the thread topic:

Sorry, you clearly haven’t read the entire thread. That is a response to Miketx who wrote in this thread that his 401k continually lost money 2012-2017. I like Miketx, so I was making a suggestion for him to improve his returns.

In case anybody forgot::

Growth: Barack Obama is on the road attempting to claim credit for the booming economy under President Trump. But the only thing Obama deserves credit for is making it easy for Trump to undo Obama's anti-growth policies

Let's see if we have this right.

For eight years, President Obama presided over the worst economic recovery in modern times. For six years, he blamed Republicans in Congress for thwarting his spending agenda and hampering growth. In his last two years in office, he claimed that 2% growth was the best we could hope for. And in his last year in office, while the economy was again stalling out, Obama claimed that Trump's tax cuts and deregulation would only make things worse.

But now that we're in the midst of a booming economy — which kicked in after Trump reversed almost all Obama's economic policies — we're supposed to believe that it's Obama who deserves all the credit.

Yep. That's precisely what Obama and his Amen Chorus in the press want us to believe.

In his speech in Illinois last Friday, Obama complained that Republicans were taking credit for his work.

"When you hear how great the economy's doing right now, let's just remember when this recovery started," he said. "I mean, I'm glad it's continued, but … suddenly Republicans are saying it's a miracle."

This week, White House Council of Economic Advisers Chairman Kevin Hassett wisely set the record straight. At a briefing on Monday, he noted that just about every important economic indicator showed the economy was stalling out in Obama's last year.

Hassett explained that small business optimism had been on the decline before the November 2016 election. The percentage of businesses saying it's a good time to expand was, too. Business investment was stagnant. All those turned upward starting in 2017. Applications for new businesses are now well above the trend over Obama's entire second term, Hassett noted. And blue-collar jobs are growing faster than any time since the Reagan administration.

Turnaround on GDP Growth
There's more. The rate of GDP growth was decelerating in Obama's last year. It went from 2.3% in Q2, to 1.9% in Q3 to 1.8% in Q4 of 2016. Under Trump, GDP growth has averaged 2.9%. It was 4.2% last quarter and might be higher in the current one.

The stock market also was stuck in neutral the year before the November 2016 elections. The Dow is up by some 45% since then.

Real median family income didn't budge from August 2015 to November 2016, according to Sentier Research. It's up more than 4% since Trump came into office. Wages are on the upswing.

In Obama's last year, unemployment rate remained basically unchanged — it was 4.9% in Jan 2016, and 4.8% when Trump took office in Jan. 2017. Now it's down to 3.9%
......(SNIP)
means nothing if this is the Best tax cut economics can do.

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

How much infrastructure is being upgraded?

Forum List

Back