Some reasons why Eddie Van Halen is the best rock guitar player, ever

Eddie Van Halen is a good guitar player, but I would not qualify him as the best.

Just like I would never claim that David Lee Roth was a good singer..

He wasn't a "good" singer, but I don't think that means a lot when it comes to a lot of rock and roll bands. I like to think about them trying out for American Idol or something. :lol: How many of the "greats" would be denied the chance to go to Hollywood do you think?

"I think I shouldn't be rated as a guitarist! Rating guitarists is a stupid hobby. I'm a composer, and my instrument is the guitar. If you like the composition, fine. My technique as a guitar player is fair. There are plenty of people who play faster than I do, never hit a wrong note, and have a lovely sound. If you want to rate guitar players, go for them. But there isn't anybody else who'll take the chances that I will take with a composition onstage in front of an audience, and just go out there and have the nerve, the ultimate audacity to say, 'Okay, I don't know what I'm going to play, and you don't know what I'm going to play, and that makes us equal. So let's go-we'll have an adventure here.' That's what I do. There's no way to rate that. You either like that kind of entertainment or you don't. I'd rather have the ups and downs than the assuredness that I was going to go out there and amaze everybody with technique. I want to hear some music, and the challenge for me is writing an instant composition while I'm playing. That's what I do. I Must say, in all fairness, that without being rated, I know there are people out there who love what I do on guitar." -- FZ

He released 5 whole CD's of these spontaneous composition called guitar solos.

5 CD's

As a band - Van Halen is one of the sell outs.
Their first album in 78 was outstanding. Van Halen II...not quite as good. After that...crap bubble gum rock for the MTV teenie crowd.
Exactly like Journey

Their first album in 78 was outstanding. Van Halen II...not quite as good. After that...crap bubble gum rock for the MTV teenie crowd.
Exactly like Journey

I like Journey and Van Halen (pre Sammy Hagar).

Chick bands..:D
And by the way, I mispoke...I don't know why I said Journey. I meant to say REO Speedwagon.
REO and Van Halen both started out as heavy rock bands, then came MTV pushing ballads and bubble gum rock - and they both switched to ballads and "Pop Rock" rather than the heavy rock sound of their roots.
I don't like when a band switches music as well as the way they dress - everything - to sell more records.
Journey did that also. They always had ballads, but they pioneered "Arena Rock" also known as Anthem Rock.

Exactly like Journey

I like Journey and Van Halen (pre Sammy Hagar).

Chick bands..:D
And by the way, I mispoke...I don't know why I said Journey. I meant to say REO Speedwagon.
REO and Van Halen both started out as heavy rock bands, then came MTV pushing ballads and bubble gum rock - and they both switched to ballads and "Pop Rock" rather than the heavy rock sound of their roots.
I don't like when a band switches music as well as the way they dress - everything - to sell more records.
Journey did that also. They always had ballads, but they pioneered "Arena Rock" also known as Anthem Rock.

:eusa_dance: Speaking of the way they dress, notice his super tight pants. :lol:

:eusa_dance: Speaking of the way they dress, notice his super tight pants. :lol:

Oh heavens yes.
Oh how I hated the 80's...look at this sh*t..made me vomit.

7706879_orig.jpg

"Hey guys let's try and look as tough as possible while wearing make up, hair like teenage girls and dress in a confusing feminine yet somehow masculine'ish cross dressing thing!!!
YEAH!!!

Oh heavens yes.

7706879_orig.jpg

"Hey guys let's try and look as tough as possible while wearing make up, hair like teenage girls and dress in a confusing feminine yet somehow masculine'ish cross dressing thing!!!
YEAH!!!

They all have women's hair styles and eye makeup! :lol:

Oh heavens yes.

7706879_orig.jpg

YEAH!!!
But, but....dogtags!!!

Forum List

Back